Saying hi from Norway

Whether you are new to the forums or a long time contributor take a moment and introduce yourself. What games do you play? What versions of Supreme Ruler have you played? Welcome to our forums!

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Saisio
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Saying hi from Norway

Post by Saisio »

Greetings all :)

Long story short got supreme ruler ultimate from a friend some years ago. Did play it some back then, but left the game short after. But have recently taken the game up again, its quite frustrating and intriguing trying to learn the curves of the game, especially the inflation part of the game, not to mention trying to keep your population happy at the same time.

But one thing i keep notice off when playing Brazil in the cold war sandbox, once you increases social spending to recommended level, the unemployed rate goes low it stabilized around 2.5% give and take.

One other thing i keep notice off is the inflation also sky rocks when taking the social spending to recommended level, what i do to counter act it is to race taxes to around 70% and raise domestic prices to 200% and decrease social spending's to half it seems to work though, but DAR is decreasing :/ But on the other hand the the unemployed rate seems to go up to :S quite frustration to say the least.

So if anyone have any pointer on how to tackle the game without doing the manners i am in this particular sandbox cold war sandbox game, while keeping an healthy DAR and Inflation, while building up the country. Any advice will be greatly appreciated :D
Should prob mention the difficulty settings is normal, the Ai is set to passive.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Saying hi from Norway

Post by YoMomma »

Hello,

It sounds your building too much too fast and your population can't handle that. US can build alot, but most other countries the inflation will sky rocket to the point of disrepair. Well you can fix it in a cpl of ways, annexing new land will prolly drop inflation alot since they dont build alot. Other ways are ofcourse dropping social policies, but your gdp will take a big **** usually resulting in bankruptcy.

I have no problems keeping inflation at 3-5%, expanding facilities with taxes arround 55-60% and social policies arround 100%. Usually i dont even bother with social and environment, since they arent worth in my opinion. Altho if you do the same thing all the time you might stop learning the mechanics, so yea, you have to find a balance that works for you.

Just keep in mind you know, how realistic is it too quatripple your economy in 2 months? Also keep in mind not to overproduce for your country, if they cant find workers, you get inflation, simple as that.
Gameplay 1st
Saisio
Warrant Officer

Re: Saying hi from Norway

Post by Saisio »

YoMomma wrote:Hello,

It sounds your building too much too fast and your population can't handle that. US can build alot, but most other countries the inflation will sky rocket to the point of disrepair. Well you can fix it in a cpl of ways, annexing new land will prolly drop inflation alot since they dont build alot. Other ways are ofcourse dropping social policies, but your gdp will take a big **** usually resulting in bankruptcy.

I have no problems keeping inflation at 3-5%, expanding facilities with taxes arround 55-60% and social policies arround 100%. Usually i dont even bother with social and environment, since they arent worth in my opinion. Altho if you do the same thing all the time you might stop learning the mechanics, so yea, you have to find a balance that works for you.

Just keep in mind you know, how realistic is it too quatripple your economy in 2 months? Also keep in mind not to overproduce for your country, if they cant find workers, you get inflation, simple as that.
Right now I am laughing eco wise, right now I am messing around with my social spending's, seems like education hits inflation at a set quality, notice it also have an impact on GDP growth, and less people born at some point. All other foundlings is set to recommended, not haveing any social assistance, are going to mess around futher to notice the diffrent hits.

Return to “Introductions”