I wish AI nations from the next SR video game aren't supposed to commencing obsoleted technologies.

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tex
Sergeant
Human: Yes

I wish AI nations from the next SR video game aren't supposed to commencing obsoleted technologies.

Post by tex »

I had encountered AI nations that have low ranks are supposed to commencing to obsoleted technologies. the circumstance was very shocking to me, not able to understand why has this behavior.
If their AI can classify tech for desirable gameplay, it suitable for your firm, battle goat studio.
Rosalis
Colonel

Re: I wish AI nations from the next SR video game aren't supposed to commencing obsoleted technologies.

Post by Rosalis »

Hey whats not to like about clean coal technology, that the pollution isnt implemented, but still loose production.... i mean you can already ask yourself if it really hurts that much, so what are the effects of the other techs you might think. It all doesnt mather really, just getting the best units.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=32184

This topics explains a bit more how incapable the ai is in the research branch.

Well now ai build 70 research centers if it got 70 cities so i guess something is done about it, but what about actual military facilities, nah dont need new ones...

1 tip if bg care, stop complicating things untill the ai understand it. But i guess they see money somewhere else. Open sourcing the game will be the best thing ever, but i guess that will also stop most of the money flow. You dont have to be affraid of competitors, look at openttd. Still a pretty big active community for a 30 year old game. I even claim preparing to open source the game will make it bigger then paradox titles. So i guess improving and simplifying modding capabilities (and options) is the best thing you can do, so its a win win, but i think lots already been done for this with not much extra benefit. Just rambling dont mind me. But yeah modding economy and ai, you cant really do that and if you can it create other issues. I guess devs face all the time.

Some areas i like ai stance to be aggressive some areas i like the way it works defensive. This should be broken up in atleast options. Something openttd excell at. Time discussing can be canceled quickly by just adding an option. Peacefull focused on economy or war like or even change it during game play. Lots of demand for this. And if you can influence the world with it whats not to like. Im getting way off topic, but that seems to be a repeating problem. Things need to be broken down since its all connected. Maybe make it easier for you, but yeah, you also prolly have the same approach in game play.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: I wish AI nations from the next SR video game aren't supposed to commencing obsoleted technologies.

Post by Balthagor »

tex wrote: Jun 26 2021 I had encountered AI nations that have low ranks are supposed to commencing to obsoleted technologies. the circumstance was very shocking to me, not able to understand why has this behavior.
If their AI can classify tech for desirable gameplay, it suitable for your firm, battle goat studio.
Could we get clarification on this? I'm not sure I follow what you mean. Technologies don't get flagged as obsolete in the game. AI regions will research technologies based on what comes next and there is a weighting set for which technologies are more or less desirable.

Do you mean unit designs? There are times where an AI region might not own a certain unit design, but wants one, and the only thing they can research is a unit design that is considered obsolete based on it's age or in comparison to what other regions can produce. But if this region doesn't have access to the same region codes, their choice might be either an obsolete submarine or no submarine at all. In such a case, I don't see why the obsolete submarine is a terrible choice, depending on who they intend to engage. Using a real world example, Canada purchased used British submarines that some might consider obsolete, but they met the goals of the Canadian navy.

In terms of future development, the research mechanic has already had improvements made for Galactic Ruler that will benefit the design of the next Supreme Ruler game. In the data file, we can now specify up to 2 future technologies that the current technology helps move towards. So while microchips don't directly lead to laser weaponry, we could show the player that they are connected, and the AI now considers the benefits of the current technology and how much it wants the future technology. We're still evaluating the implementation for GR, but it seems to make the AI more "goal oriented" in it's research.

If you could provide a bit more details about your post, I'll be able to confirm that I understood what you were asking.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”