sugg: AI research centers

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

dax1
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: sugg: AI research centers

Post by dax1 »

don't forgot level of education....what a region want research if 800M people dont' go to school?
Con forza ed ardimento
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

And the costs of too many research centers shoul'd be massive... but AI will suffer most with that.
Please teach AI everything!
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

YaYo7 Proposal has about same outcome as mine, but more understandable to be programmed, so yeah i can only suport this. Just using GDP/C in the formula give much more dept.
I dont think education and costs are things to worry about. Education or literacy already give speed bonus on technologies being researched right? AI already loves education expenses. Else i can think of a few ways this could be roleplayed. Think about hacking or trading raw blueprints from allies.
If costs can help the ai figuring out when to scrap/build ofcourse this could be helpfull. But giving penalties so the player dont cheat and same time hurt the ai is a waste in my opinion.
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

Rosalis wrote: Dec 13 2019 Education or literacy already give speed bonus on technologies being researched right?
maybe I wrong, but I don't remember about that!!

Anyway..You try to think to real life...if people don't go to school and don't study...how that people can develop new technologies??
in my opinion Level of Education should influence..
Population*GDP*education
Con forza ed ardimento
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

No country has no education for all its people, it is the way to brainwash people. I also know plenty of people learning stuff all by themselves. Then you can say same thing about working and building power, industry, consumer goods etc. You need to be educated to work there, but its not a requirement in the game. If you aim to people just cutting education completely to get more population, well there are also trainers, if people want to play realisticly they know what to do. This would only mather for targeting players, pretty much all healthy ai regions have above 100% education and thus 100% literacy. How you think the wheel got invented?

In short i dont care if education is in the formula, but to me there would be no point in doing so. Which nation do you think will be better represented with education in the formula? If it isnt already it should give speed bonus, but that's about it.
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

looking here---> https://supremeruler.gamepedia.com/Soci ... _Explained
maybe you right..Education : These are your school and universities. Funding for this will effect your research efficiency and your literacy rate, the higher the funding the higher your literacy rate and the boost to your research efficiency.
however, as regards the first part of your speech, I disagree. I find complicated to think that during the cold war and even a few years ago around the world there was a level of literacy around 100%
Con forza ed ardimento

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”