One final futureproof measure for SRU

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Traslogan
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

One final futureproof measure for SRU

Post by Traslogan »

So i understand that Battlegoat are moving towards a big new project and there's one more summer SRU update on its way.
To that end, I'd like to request one last thing: Double-UI-scale mode.

The reason I suggest this is because I had been playing 1440p until recently, and had been doing so for years. It's not uncommon for people to use 1440p and 4K now by any means.
However that monitor was starting to have burn-in, so I got a new 4K monitor because it was the exact same price as same-sized 1440p monitors.
To that end, I now must have a blurry supreme-ruler-ultimate or I have this:

On a 27" display, the game becomes unusable (or at least it requires squinting capable of inducing migraines very quickly), and the amount of people going up to these higher resolutions will only continue. I think one final great measure to help prolong the usability of SRU is a "Double-UI-Size" option.
Obviously a lot of scaling options means a lot of backend work, and I'm not aware of how the engine of Supreme Ruler functions. Overall though, I think only adding a simple clean 2x UI scale would be an immense help. It would have to affect all UI elements (The right-click menus, all static UI, the game's main font(s) too). It wouldn't have scaling issues in terms of inaccuracy / blur since it's a clear direct 2x upgrade, but I think this would be the difference in SRU continuing to be usable on higher resolutions without people having to compromise on a blurry image for years to come. Even if it was just a simple toggle that gives us double-sized UI elements instead of any actual background scaling going on, I think it would be an immense help.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Re: One final futureproof measure for SRU

Post by evildari »

have to second this - playing this with 1440 resolution with a 35" screen and standard fonts are hard to read without moving much closer to screen.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Traslogan
Lieutenant

Post by Traslogan »

Yeah I've tried doing 4k but it's not usable with the UI atm. I've went down to 1440p but there's mouse cursor issues with the scaling on SRU at 1440p scaled to 4K (not to mention it's a blur).
Traslogan
Lieutenant

Post by Traslogan »

I've been crashing a lot more since having to use lower-than-desktop resolutions in SRU too. Lack of windowed fullscreen means I have to alt-tab to respond to my discord messages and whatnot, and the game has a reasonable chance to completely crash out after freezing for a while when you tab back in.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”