Hydro power needs changes badly.

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Schmidty
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Hydro power needs changes badly.

Post by Schmidty »

At this time there is zero reason to build hydro in all scenarios because a single coal power plant gives more output, is much cheaper, and takes way less industrial goods. A Hydro station should give more output than a coal power plant. At this time, deleting all hydro is the best game option because they are practically useless.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Hydro power needs changes badly.

Post by Balthagor »

Except they require zero resources to power them. They should be more profitable in the long term.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

While I agree that them not costing resources to run is a good thing about hydro they really should produce more. Traditionally hydro electric stations tends to be quite big and representing facilities like the Itaipu or Three Gorges Dam is just absurd as they are right now.
Representing the above dams would require 5 hexes if we use your representation of the worlds largest nuclear power plant (Kashiwazaki-Kariwa) as reference. That representation is not exactly good though as nuclear power stations should not cover multiple hexes.
Really though unless you want to fill hexes upstream to represent large hydro-electric power stations they need to produce more as right now they produce too little to properly represent large dams.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Last edited by YoMomma on Jun 30 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Gameplay 1st
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

I agree that hydro power should provide more power. I know we can build 6 of them in the hex, but still it would be good to increase their output.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Schmidty
Warrant Officer

Post by Schmidty »

Balthagor wrote: Jun 01 2019 Except they require zero resources to power them. They should be more profitable in the long term.
They still need a buff. Most of the time you will have the resources for coal power plants anyway. Hydro power. Needs atleast 3x more output

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”