Suggestion: Previous Stable Beta build

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Nerei
General
Human: Yes

Suggestion: Previous Stable Beta build

Post by Nerei »

Basically like the insider build but going backwards. In this case it being version 9.0.75.

With the issues that have been plaguing Mac users having the option to roll the patch back is probably not a bad idea.
While naturally not ideal it should be a fairly low-labour intensive solution that will allow people to play the game while a permanent solution to the problem is found.
Also it looks a bit better than just saying "please wait while we try and sort it out"
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Suggestion: Previous Stable Beta build

Post by YoMomma »

I dont know if you can do this on mac, but i learned to copy every SRU version and paste it in my SRU mod folder. Messing up the CB system in december 2014 thought me this.

Kinda late now, but yeah Fistalis said something similair before.
Gameplay 1st
Nerei
General

Re: Suggestion: Previous Stable Beta build

Post by Nerei »

I am fairly certain you can. There does not appear to be any DRM in it or anything like that to restrict it. The problem is for every person that does make a backup there is probably 10 that does not even consider it.
Personally I am not that concerned. I mostly made a Mac install to see how it was and potentially have the option to look op unit stats etc without needing my desktop computer.
For the record I actually do have 5 backup versions on my desktop ^_-

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”