My list of desired features.

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

My list of desired features.

Post by way2co0l »

Well, since people are listing their demands and all. lol. But really, I love the game but there will always be a few things at the top of my list that would go above and beyond to making this game completely amazing for me personally. So I'll just share the ones at the top of my list right now.

One thing I know you guys are working on are modding tools especially when it comes to the map. One thing I'd personally love to see in connection with this would be the ability to modify existing games through this tool as it would solve a lot of my lesser complaints. Things like ISIS hex loyalty, the lack of certain resources on the WW2 map that can be found in the later maps, certain ugly borders, removing infrastructure or adding base industrial hexes into AI territory to encourage them to build there, ect. Having a map tool that can load up existing saves and make modifications directly to the map can allow the player to clean things up periodically. Yes, I know it could feasibly be used to cheat as well, but my stance on that has always been that it's ultimately up to the player if they want to cheat or not and shouldn't prohibit adding something purely on that basis. Giving those of us a means of cleaning up the game by modifying the map including hex ownership, loyalty, resources, and construction while also allowing us to make changes to the nations themselves such as being able to enforce a peace, alter relations or treaties, give them new units or remove existing units, add or remove known technologies, ect, can be a way to expand game life for a lot of us. I know it's unlikely to be an easy thing to accomplish, which goes against my usual suggestion to others about keeping requests realistic, but I know you guys are already working on something along these lines and I know that if it's fleshed out enough, it can really improve game shelf life and allow many new scenario options through modding. Could also clean up a lot of the issues you guys already have such as people requesting an ability to remove roads and such.

One thing that has always continued to bug me were the repair thresholds. I've brought this up a few times, and I know you guys have confirmed that they do in fact repair facilities that were damaged, but I sadly have to argue that it can use adjusting or made more transparent. I had a game awhile back as Russia where I conquered North Korea and turned it into a colony. I proceeded to give them hundreds of billions in currency, and ridiculous amounts of every resource that could conceivably be required in order to repair their damaged buildings, and even after several years, and several more injections of cash and resources, they had never repaired a single one. And since I don't have the ability to order them to repair the damaged buildings the same way I'd be able to order them to construct new buildings, well, it just frustrated me. Having the kind of tool I talked about above could help with this, but I still think a more direct solution or explanation of actual requirements is needed. Or maybe just cheat a little and put a slow autorepair level into the game where any damaged building will slowly repair itself without any associated cost, but at a much slower rate. Choosing to manually repair would simply be an expedited repair in this case. I'd be ok with this option.

I'd also love to close the loop by allowing the player to turn currently owned, non loyal territory into a colony. Maybe that was implemented and I'd just forgotten, but my current understanding is that it's possible to liberate or annex a current colony, and it's possible to release non loyal land to an existing state for that loyalty type, but if you chose to annex the country outright, the only option you have is to free the country entirely. Unless I'm mistaken, there is no option to release the territory as a colony. Of course only the player would have this option in the first place, and it should only be possible as long as no independent country exists for the type of loyalty hexes that would be released. If a country already exists on the map, the only option should be to release the hexes to the country with the correct loyalty. But if there is no existing country for that loyalty, I'd like the option to be able to create colonies out of my occupied non loyal hexes.

I of course have other wishlist requests when it comes to enhanced diplomacy, national policy effects, and improved naval AI management (especially with carriers), but the above 3 are the ones I feel are the most realistically achievable and would go the furthest to enhancing my own personal enjoyment from this game. :) Just figured it might help to know. :D
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: My list of desired features.

Post by Balthagor »

+1 for posts that have "desired lists" over "demands" ;)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Balthagor wrote:+1 for posts that have "desired lists" over "demands" ;)
Damnit, I typod. Those are definitely demands. I need to edit my thread title. :P
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Map editor should definetely be a thing. What annoys me is facilities with 0 production. So the biggest thing im waiting for is editor for the resources. I want to update this game as much as possible as realistic as possible, and because of this that's not possible. Also noticed that there is a big oil issue for 36 maps on longer games, so it would benefit alot to the community.
Ofcourse it would be nice to edit loyalty, but i dont care as much, the biggest issue is not having multiple loyalties. This would make the game much more interesting with possible objectives or wars breaking out. Netherlands vs Belgium for example. What i understand that is not possible in this engine, so whatever. Rest of the modding is pretty easy, ofcourse it could be made much more user friendly, but ones you get the hang of it, it's not that hard. There should be a big guide explaining the modding files and what they are for. Also need reference to all the numbers in some files.

Repair, well dont get me started on that, already did that plenty of times, next to map editor for resources this is cloose 2nd. BG seems to believe repair is expensive, well maybe for a day or 2, but after that it's fine. No issue as far as i know in SR2020 with auto repair. It might not be the most realistic thing, so im fine on waiting for BG. Too bad we don't see any (big) improvements since the start of game.

Altho it would be a nice option to turn anexed land in a puppet, it is probably not the most realistic. Once people have all the benefits, they don't like to be turned into a slave. Issue with mixing cultures etc. I think it is fine the way it is. You can release and then puppet it. Yea world doesn't like that.

So im good with your first 2, but BG already told they are under review or are working on it.
Gameplay 1st
C.S.A
Lieutenant

Post by C.S.A »

+1 for posts that have "desired lists" over "demands" ;)
Why do I have a feeling this is aimed at me? :cry:
It's a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done. It's a far, far better rest I go to then I have ever known. - A Tale of Two Cities
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

In reference to the upcoming great war game's map being based on the 36 map and my resulting comment reemphasizing my desire for a map editor, I thought it prudent to bump the post that shares what my personal desires are for this editor.

I remain hopeful that we'll get it at some point in the future. As I had said on steam, I'd rather see it as a DLC option than have to face the prospect of another year passing without getting it. I understand the upcoming game has resource priority, especially with the time restraints you've placed on yourself (I don't suppose there's any convincing you to give yourself more time in order to get more features in is there?), but for me personally, a map editor that provides these options would be the most significant thing you could possibly do at this point and I would gladly pay in order to get it expedited as I fear the prospect of another year without it is a very real possibility. A fully capable map editor would be the biggest shot in the arm this series could possibly get at this point, at least from my personal perspective, and I personally feel a DLC price tag would be perfectly desirable to finally see it happen.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”