My Demands

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

C.S.A
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

My Demands

Post by C.S.A »

In this game I see changes that could be made.
First and foremost: unscripted coups should DEFINATELY become a thing. When the MAR drops below 15% the chance of a coup should skyrocket.
Second and foremost: elections... So far the only thing that changes when an AI loses an election is their stance to you. I propose that instead of having a support existing government or opposition. We have options to support a branch either Liberal, moderate, or conservative or yes dare I say it other (the party). And if the branch we support wins it realigns the country to your sphere (somewhat), improves relations, and changes the countries status to the political leaning of the victorious party. I have never seen other win an election EVER. Yet they participate in every single election. But this is also room for a change. How about IF other wins the nation becomes a theocracy or communist or a dictatorship (random) and it becomes aggressive (random). And then have guerrillas spawn (sometimes) to fight the new government. This could make the game very interesting.
Third and foremost: Immigration in the era of the Trump we have limits on immigration. Why not portray that in the game!! Say you're Germany and you have immigrants coming from Syria and **** starts blowing up so you want them out so you have some sort of way to limit immigration from Syria.
Fourth and foremost: Leader change... I should not have to waste thousands of lives and battle every single ******* soldier in NATO just so I don't have to look at Hillary's frowny face anymore... this could DEFINATELY be a component of elections.
Fifth and foremost: Government change in your own country. Why cant I revive Nazi Germany (dictatorship or censorship of other parties (I like the ladder better)) in the 2030's and then change my ways and return to my democratic ways in the 2040's (pun intended.)? This slams me right into my sixth and foremost point.
Sixth and foremost: Flag choice. IF I WANT THE SOVIET FLAG TO BE THE FLAG OF THE FOURTH REICH THAN DAMMIT THIS SHOULD BE THE CASE!!!
Seventh and foremost: let me rename my colony (Kenya) to "Obamas homeland" Or my other colony (all of the middle east and North Africa) to "origin of the migrants".
Eighth and foremost: Selling colonies. If I'm short on cash and don't want to type in cheat codes. I'm gonna have to stop living a lavish lifestyle and sell my belonging. What better to sell than Obamas Homeland to the Chinese to turn into a gigantic sweat shop. They'll probably pay me minimum wage for it c:
Ninth and foremost: Robots. The cyborg tech should allow us to build robots soldiers (terminator T-800s) and robot planes (HKs) and Robot tanks (whatever these are) and doing so without using a single soldier in reserve. Doing so would mean you'd have to build processing center to control them so that could be added. And if it gets destroyed they go rogue and attack everything. Just a thought.
Tenth and foremost: I cant remember... If I think of anymore ill be back. If you agree with me +1 me on Myspace. And Battlegoat if my demands are not met within 5 minutes I will start a petition on Change.org. You will be Annexed... (this aint no joke).
And thank you for considering my ideas :)
It's a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done. It's a far, far better rest I go to then I have ever known. - A Tale of Two Cities
Zuikaku
General

Re: My Demands

Post by Zuikaku »

number one is a great idea (don't know why it isn't implemented yet) and number eight is also great.
Please teach AI everything!
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

1,7,8 very nice.
I would like merge 2 or more neighboring colonies and rename it.
Con forza ed ardimento
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

I agree that there is certainly more that we could have done with coups and politics. Some elements have made it into updates (changing relationships with government changes, plus the changing of leaders when they lose an election, which I think is pretty much your fourth point).

Flag change would be a nice touch, and not difficult to add, but the UI for it is hard to design - you could do a previous/next but there are hundreds of flags to scroll through.
If you agree with me +1 me on Myspace.
Interesting bit of trivia - even though I don't have a myspace account (that I remember), and the studio does not, it turns out that The Goat itself does have a myspace page - https://myspace.com/battlegoat/photos
Although The Goat, being a goat, has forgotten the password.
C.S.A
Lieutenant

Post by C.S.A »

My leaders never change, only the relations. However, supreme ruler has made strides. Look at cold war on release compared to now. All of my suggestions have to do with unpredictability. I want things to be unpredictable, not whether russia or china will attack me (or who will attack first). As for the UI I think a large page with 20 flags (or however many) on it and and an arrow to scroll to the next page would be pretty efficient.

The goat will be +1'd on myspace.
It's a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done. It's a far, far better rest I go to then I have ever known. - A Tale of Two Cities
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Eight idea got two people liking it so just wanted to point out it's 20-21 centuries we're talking about so subject selling is no longer a thing. Try on an ancient history game or something ;)
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

George Geczy wrote:Interesting bit of trivia - even though I don't have a myspace account (that I remember), and the studio does not, it turns out that The Goat itself does have a myspace page - https://myspace.com/battlegoat/photos
Although The Goat, being a goat, has forgotten the password.

Some body toured the SG set.... and posed with Bill Shatner.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Kristijonas wrote:Eight idea got two people liking it so just wanted to point out it's 20-21 centuries we're talking about so subject selling is no longer a thing. Try on an ancient history game or something ;)
Last colony I could find that was traded for money was when the Kingdom of Denmark sold the Danish west indies to the United states for the grand sum of $25.000.000.
Mind you there where a referendum held before it though the islands themselves where not allowed to vote. Had they though it appears the sale would have gone ahead anyway a the consensus appears to overwhelmingly be in favour of joining the US.
That was in 1917 only 19 years before the first starting date.

Sure it is not exactly Louisiana purchase size transfer of territory but still it is a colony being sold for money.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Yeah but if the last one was in 1917 then it only proves my point that this ability should probably not be added to the game.
Though personally I would have nothing against it, because I'd view it as a transfer of a territory. For example certain straits or other important areas were traded/switched around in the sense that their maintenance is given to another country. Also, even in the game we have a colony switch - Memel is given from Lithuania to Germany in a certain year (due to a historical ultimatum by Germans)
C.S.A
Lieutenant

Post by C.S.A »

Yeah but if the last one was in 1917
Wrong, there's been many since. Like the transfer of the panama canal in the 70's or hand off of Hong Kong from GB to China in the 90's. Territorial exchanges have always happened and will always happen.

Interesting fact about the panama canal transfer, according to the original 1903 treaty the canal would be transferred in 1999.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Ok, but you could argue that both of those examples were actually leases from the main territories in the first place. Neither of those cases involved one nation with sovereignty of that territory giving it away or selling it to another nation. They were effectively renting the land and returned it to it's rightful owners.
C.S.A
Lieutenant

Post by C.S.A »

Not true, GB acquired hong kong in 1841. No one leases something for 150 years. It was signed over by the Qing government with the understanding that it would remain a crown colony for so long as the crown wanted it. In the terms of the treaty it specifically said "crown colony". If you want an even more current example look at Guantanamo in Cuba. There is talk of giving it back and it is definitely not leased.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Simple quote from Wikipedia.

"In 1903 Cuba leased it to the U.S. under duress as it had committed to in the Cuban–American Treaty of Relations, and remains the site of a US Navy base, as well as the Guantanamo Bay detention camp."
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Also, Hong Kong was indeed leased in "perpetuity" meaning there was no definite expiration date on the lease. They later expanded it by acquiring the surrounding territories in a 99 year lease, and eventually chose to abandon the perpetuity lease as well when deciding what to do with the additional territories. There's obviously more to it than that, but the basic point remains. Just because it had no expiration date for the lease doesn't really change what it was.
C.S.A
Lieutenant

Post by C.S.A »

If that's the case let me borrow your car for 150 years. lol. And also there was no language of a lease within the treaty for Hong Kong.

As for Cuba. Cuba was a US Territory for 4 years. We got it from Spain as a result of winning the Spanish-American war. Guantanamo was handed over to the US pretty much as a compromise. Cuba got its independence, however the constitution had to meet certain criteria. Under Cuba's new constitution, the U.S. retained the right to intervene in Cuban affairs and to supervise its finances and foreign relations (Wikipedia). This was pretty much a direct cause of the rise of Castro in the 50's in Cuba. He ended US control over Cuba. The constitution was abolished and Guantanamo became a part of the US permanently. Next you'll say "the US leased California from Mexico" or "The US leased Alaska from Russia" or "the US leased 13 colonies from Britain". I'm sorry that's not how it works. And even IF we had leased these lands, you probably want to check up on the definition of leasing in the respect of world affairs.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”