Territorial Area.

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Zetangi
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Territorial Area.

Post by Zetangi »

A simple suggestion that I'd like to see implemented is being able to expand a countries territorial water and air route. This would also bring a new layer to the gameplay like if two countries lay claim to an area, both the colors of their nation would overlap. I really want to have more control of the waters and air near my nation not only to restrict trade, but to force other countries to sign a sea transit treaty+ air transit or face the wrath of my navy+air forces Expanding territorial area would infuriate my neighbors and the un and increase justification of war of course, but I wouldn't care. So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add this as a part of the game or at least note my suggestion. The image below is a small example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clubfoot55
Warrant Officer

Re: Territorial Area.

Post by Clubfoot55 »

Zetangi wrote:A simple suggestion that I'd like to see implemented is being able to expand a countries territorial water and air route. This would also bring a new layer to the gameplay like if two countries lay claim to an area, both the colors of their nation would overlap. I really want to have more control of the waters and air near my nation not only to restrict trade, but to force other countries to sign a sea transit treaty+ air transit or face the wrath of my navy+air forces Expanding territorial area would infuriate my neighbors and the un and increase justification of war of course, but I wouldn't care. So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add this as a part of the game or at least note my suggestion. The image below is a small example.
More control of oceans would be cool, but overlapping territorial claims would be amazing. It'd also be interesting if you could claim individual hexes and countries who's hexes you claimed would gradually get worse relations with you.

These both should be added because they are happening in the real world. China claims the South China Sea and is also building airfields on artificial islands built in it. This area of ocean is claimed by a couple different countries and it'd be really cool to watch it play out in SR.
Zetangi
Warrant Officer

Re: Territorial Area.

Post by Zetangi »

Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking! With China on the move in Asia, Japan is even more active now than ever. This also made me think about having 2-10+ nations unilaterally declare war on a nation through a summit of some sort or the UN. All this would bring a new and interesting layer to the gameplay of SRU as a whole that is really needed to keep the game interesting at all times.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”