Capital in Campaign Mode

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

samuel_1991
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Capital in Campaign Mode

Post by samuel_1991 »

Can I put these 3 things into my wish list?

1: AI Change Capital when it is captured by enemy force.

Last time in Supreme Ruler 2020, AI does change capital when the original one is captured.

Now, they just surrender which does not make sense.

For example: In 1936 Japan Campaign, I am supposed to capture Shanghai City by Mid 1941.

But then I wanted to play an alternative history that I build up many factories, ore, coal mines & power plant before I invade because Industrial Goods gets to be rarer when Italy, Germany & Japan fights altogether.

Typically I would end up only 1 month or so to invade Shanghai City and easily all the way up to Nanjing (China Capital at that era) but not the entire Shanghai region (Battlezone) and hence the objective "Secure Shanghai" fails.

This also does not tally with China's Capital is ChongQing at 1941 Campaign as well and I believe that in a real world, the countries will just move its Capital until there isn't any significant population or available hex.

2: Generic Mobile ICBM / SLBM. But they take 10 years or more to research compared to 1 year for the Military P5 and India about 2 ~ 3 years

3: True Ability to choose Annex, Colonize or Liberate.

In 1936 Japan as example, apparently whenever I go, I can only colonize but not Annex even if the state capture is as small as British Hong Kong (There is no hex left, not even a mere sea territory)

Apparently, I can only Annex IndoChina, or France (Without any population hex but just some hex in the ocean as a prize after I declare war on France as a respond to mutual defense with Germany / Italy without actually land my troops in European soil)

I hope that players & AI are free to choose whether to colonize, annex or liberate where the liberatr option creates a government that is pro to ownself.

Liberate option is useful to create a Vichy France or a repeat of American invasion of Afghanistan / Iraq that brings a force change of a poor market opinion government as well.
number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: Capital in Campaign Mode

Post by number47 »

For 1) and 3) play sandbox not campaign. :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”