A Great Improviment to the Economy

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ImperiorIL
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

A Great Improviment to the Economy

Post by ImperiorIL »

Hi, I have been playing Supreme Ruler for a while now, years actually. And I must say it's one of my favorite games because it's sheer size cannot be match by any other game out there.

I'd like to adress something really specific with this post: I've been studing the game's systems and reached a conclusion that the whole historical economical 3 sector economy could be fixed with these steps:

-Add a services resource: demmand is heavily affected by social spending and taxes. Supply is heavily affected by business taxes, education, business centers and so on. RESULT: no more bloated prices on comodities because now the missing part of the economy is present.

-Add labor as a resource: supply is pretty much the working population, it is demanded by every resource to be produced(the base price is replaced by labor). RESULT: no more hard limits or arbitrary rates, now employment is as real as oil and agriculture and you can see what's draining you manpower and the real results of it. PS: add techs and etc to adress mecanization(maybe bring in a mechanization slider?).

-Add water back: I understand there are issues with implementing water early on, but lets face it, the oil system is as broken as good in that regard. Don't you lie, the oil production on gas fields is like 10 times smaller in 1936 scenario and it's not tech related. Else Germany exporting oil in 2020? I don't think so. RESULT: bringing back an important resource that's much more related to income than food and is extremely important to balance countries in latter game as oil grows in importance so should water(Middle East/North Africa). PS: water in real life is not only aquifers and pumps, it many times is direcly related to Hidro Plants and water SHOULD BE REQUIRED to build EXTRA Agriculture(more than the land supports without irrigation).

I hope my post is understandable and welcome. This game has really fantastical systems and amazing sheer scale. I hope to see it continues to endlessy develop... But when I'd sometimes rather play 2020Gold instead of Ultimate it should raise a red flag or two about the new changes to the game(like caped maket prices).

PS: it should be noted that if you build a Petrol Power, a Bio Fuels and a Hidroponics, you can generate infinity money if you lower your infrastructure enough.

PSS: I have studied some data, and I must say not only fuel is hugely bloated to inflate the exporting countries GDP, but most importantly, resources like Agriculture and Ore are really underated. Not in price, the price is almost correct, but in quantity. The country I live, Brazil, has almost half of it's trade balance composed by raw and refined ore, in the game Brazilian ore is ridiculous. And I'm sure other countries like Chile and etc become terrible underrated by the lack of importance of ore in production of goods.

PSSS: Agriculture is not only basic need, think of China's growing demmand and how that boost Western countries because now they eat meat, and 1ton of meat requires tons of grain, so their demmand of agriculture is therefore growing as their GDP grows. Not only that but Cotton, Leather and others are Agriculture too and are raw imputs to comodities.
merlinx_at
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: A Great Improviment to the Economy

Post by merlinx_at »

+1
SRU 9.0.73.1 (Steam) / W7Pro-64 eng

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”