New unit techs - Reverse engineering designs

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SentosKarum
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

New unit techs - Reverse engineering designs

Post by SentosKarum »

Thinking about unit surrender and Shattered World Tech Trees got me musing:

How about having the option to reverse engineer captured/bought units* to create your own versions ? Or just analyzing them and unlocking counter designs (Maybe the US after getting it's hand on a Panther while still having only M3 Lee's) ?

Now I realize that is probably beyond even an feature for an expansion in scope, I'd imagine to go from this one liner idea to a feature not only requires lots of design work but also lots of research for which units this would be applicable.

But it might be nice to have the option do so and possibly spare a buck or two in the process ("A T-34, I can reverse that into the Pz34, which is slightly better than the original but still only 1/3 of the cost of an Panther").

*Doing so and being caught would mean an diplomatic "Ooops"
ImperiorIL
Warrant Officer

Re: New unit techs - Reverse engineering designs

Post by ImperiorIL »

Agreed, I'd put it even simpler. If take a country, you take most of it's tech including desings.
It shouldn't be hard to implement and should make the game a little better.
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

Variable-sweep wing aircraft technology should be added to all of the Supreme Ruler games. I've oticed that in Cold War F/B-111 Aardvarks and similar aircraft are being built before the technology was available. The F/B-111 and the F-117 are tacticle bombers and not fighters, they can not engage in dog fights period.
merlinx_at
Captain

Post by merlinx_at »

ImperiorIL wrote:Agreed, I'd put it even simpler. If take a country, you take most of it's tech including desings.
It shouldn't be hard to implement and should make the game a little better.
exact my point ... annex a country and you also become there scientists and many units
SRU 9.0.73.1 (Steam) / W7Pro-64 eng

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”