New unit requests - Missing units

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

New unit requests - Missing units

Post by Zuikaku »

Following units are missing in the game:

Kyushu J7W - both jet and piston engined versions of this advanced canard fighter are missing

G5N Shinzan - early war japanese heavy bomber

G10N Fugaku - Japanese heavy, ultra long range bomber

H6K - Patrol plane (Japan)

H8K - patrol plane (Japan)

I-400 - submarine class

E50 Panther 2 - proposed replacement for Panther tank with enhaced fire control, new turret, 88mm gun and thicker armour

Maultier - rocket artillery

Wasserfall flakrakete - German SAM

Henschel Hs 117 Schmetterling - German SAM

Rheintochter - light German SAM

Fw-189 Uhu - recon

Ta-183 Huckebein - advanced German jet fighter intended to use air to air guided missiles and to replace Me-262

Messerschmitt P.1101 - early cold war variable sweep wing jet fighter - uses air to air missiles

Me-264 - German strategic bomber

Ju-390 - both transport and bomber versions are missing

Ta-400 - proposed German long range heavy jet bomber

Ju-290 - german transport plane is missing

Semovente 149/40 - SP artillery

[Edit by moderator: Thread renamed and moved as this is more an issue of additional development. Some requested units may actually get rejected.]
Please teach AI everything!
SentosKarum
Warrant Officer

Re: Missing units

Post by SentosKarum »

As a side note, for proper historical play, all these german designs ought to come with a "AI must research" flag set, to reflect the sheer wastage of effort that occured in history.

Remember to teach the AI to only start fielding Me-Schwalbe interceptors once the tactical bomber* version has been produced.

*Which can only be researched after the first Me-Schwalbe interceptor has been built.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

SentosKarum wrote:As a side note, for proper historical play, all these german designs ought to come with a "AI must research" flag set, to reflect the sheer wastage of effort that occured in history.

Remember to teach the AI to only start fielding Me-Schwalbe interceptors once the tactical bomber* version has been produced.

*Which can only be researched after the first Me-Schwalbe interceptor has been built.
Most of these designs are intended for post WW2 gameplay (if Germany survives).
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Noted
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

All Nebelwerfer artillery are missing. 10cm, 15cm, 21cm ,28cm and 30cm types are missing...
Zuikaku
General

Re: New unit requests - Missing units

Post by Zuikaku »

New russian T14 Armata tank is missing. It is significant improvement over Black Eagle project (which is present in the database).

Also, following designs based on T-14 chassis are missing:

- Kurganets 25 IFV armed with 30mm autocannon and 4 ATGM Kornet launchers

- Boomerang 8X8 APC

- BM2 (TOS-2) Buratino launchers on new platform

- 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV - SP artillery gun 152mm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armata_Uni ... t_Platform
bvb
Colonel

Post by bvb »

M2 & M2A2 Bradley IFV, M3 & M3A2 Bradley Recon variant. These being absent makes for a big hole in the US's mechanized lineup from prior to the M2A3/M3A3 variants that are in game.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Any other units missing in the game?
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

Soviet Ekranoplan and the newer Russian A-050 version of it.

Heck, Russia has carriers in the game.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Leafgreen wrote:Soviet Ekranoplan and the newer Russian A-050 version of it.

Heck, Russia has carriers in the game.
I'm not sure what unit type is that. Air unit? Or ship? How to represent that?!
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

I'd go with a ship since it can only go on water. Unless there is a way to finish an air unit and have it automatically go into reserves at the closest sea port.

Yeah, just go with naval transport unit that can carry missiles. Big ones, old school anti-ship missiles.

There are also the old soviet designed transport hovercraft. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zubr-class_LCAC Realism doesn't come into account, the only Cossack made was to transport the old Buran shuttles. But I spam them in SR2020. I can't find any costs for the Lun, but cost to finish the 2nd Cossack (half made) is supposedly 300 million.

Cossack -
# produced - 1
Carrying capacity - 209 tons
Speed - 520 mph
Range - 9,500 miles (empty), 2,500 miles (loaded)
Armament - none

Lun -
# produced - 1
Carrying Capacity - 100 tons
Speed - 342 mph
Range - 1,200 miles
Armament - 6x SS-N-22 Sunburn
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The best way to represent an ekranoplan i fairly hard to say really. Find a way for the Lun to land on solid ground and it could basically be a large, slow, short ranged crappy strategic bomber. Most of these ground effect vehicles are fully capable of powered flight even if not good at it. It would also be possible to use ground effect only to traverse solid ground it would just be insane dangerous as you would basically be flying an aircraft 5-15m above ground directly in the line of electric pylons, trees, buildings etc.

That is the Beriev VVA-14 Ekranoplan. Basically a proof of concept model for a planned anti-submarine ground effect aircraft. If the numbers I have seen are accurate it could reach the cruising altitude of airliners. The idea is that it could use powered flight to reach any part of the soviet empire easily and there it could operate on with far simpler facilities than traditional fixed wing aircraft like the contemporary Il-38 or Tu-142. Considering the complexity of the craft though I suspect maintenance would be a nightmare especially in thinly populated parts of the USSR.
This is a fully capable ekranoplan combining the traits of a VTOL aircraft and ground effect vehicle.

I do agree though that the best representation is as a ship simply due to the larger versions at least being reliant on water for take-off and landing and as a plane it would pretty much just be a crappy Tu-95 with half the speed and a 3rd of the range. As a ship they can fill a niche as a super high speed missile attack craft, anti-submarine warfare vessel or infantry assault craft which is basically what they where intended for anyway.

________

While in this topic I should probably also try and compile a list of missing items from Japan and the RoK as their modern representation is not that good.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

This is the same problem as with I-400 class subs. As a ship ekranoplan will be overpowered and AI will be totally fascinated by them. As an airplane... well it is not an airplane and it will be unrealistic. Not to mention it woul'd be sitting duck as aircraft...
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

The Emden class light cruiser is missing from Germany. It was commisioned on 15 October 1925 and scuttled on 3 May 1945. You are also missing the M class light cruisers, the P class armoured cruisers, the O class battle cruisers and the Jade class carriers for Germany's Plan Z. The two Adolf Lüderitz class and three Otto Wünsche cass tenders (large patrol boats) and the five Dithmarchen class AOR's are also missing.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Col_Travis wrote:The Emden class light cruiser is missing from Germany. It was commisioned on 15 October 1925 and scuttled on 3 May 1945. You are also missing the M class light cruisers, the P class armoured cruisers, the O class battle cruisers and the Jade class carriers for Germany's Plan Z. The two Adolf Lüderitz class and three Otto Wünsche cass tenders (large patrol boats) and the five Dithmarchen class AOR's are also missing.
Thank you! Anything else?

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”