Suggestion: Differentiate between different 'diplomatic exchange successful' messages so you can choose which to recieve

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ruarz
Corporal
Human: Yes

Suggestion: Differentiate between different 'diplomatic exchange successful' messages so you can choose which to recieve

Post by ruarz »

This is a little suggestion and one that would be easy to implement but I think it would benefit most players.

A lot of the game is spent managing diplomatic offers from countries, usually for goods, and this gets tedious very quickly. Some days you only get one but others you get between 5-10. When simulating the game very fast you can find yourself with about 50 messages in matter of minutes. Supreme Ruler offers some great tools for dealing with this tedium but they aren't quite complete. You can auto-accept diplomatic offers that are good value for money but very quickly you find your inbox clogging up with "Diplomatic Exchange Successful". You can click "Hide messages of this type" but then you'll no longer get confirmation of the more important messages such as proposals relating to alliances and research.

To deal with this I'd propose splitting "Diplomatic Exchange Successful" into three categories and replacing the headers:

-"Sent Goods Exchange Offer Successful"
-"Received Goods Exchange Offer Successful"
-"Diplomatic Exchange Successful"

By separating diplomatic exchanges concerning research, alliances and treaties from the everyday clutter you can set the unwanted confirmations to go away while still receiving the more important ones. By separating goods exchange offers sent and goods exchange offers received you won't lose confirmation of successful offers that you have sent. Why offer tools that resolves receiving millions of offers if you still get millions of confirmations?

I think a little fix would go a long way to making the gameplay more fluent and enjoyable. Then we just find a way to get rid of those pesky messages that Barbados has signed a treaty with the Federal States of Micronesia while still retaining messages that the United States has signed a treaty with the UK and my OCD about annoying message clutter will disappear!
MrRipper

Re: Suggestion: Differentiate between different 'diplomatic exchange successful' messages so you can choose which to rec

Post by MrRipper »

Theres a fix for your issue called 'very hard diplomacy' you get less messages.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Suggestion: Differentiate between different 'diplomatic exchange successful' messages so you can choose which to rec

Post by Balthagor »

The problem is you could get more than one of those in the same message. And the system that sends the messages doesn't know the content of the message. It would require a new very large layer of code. Unlikely at this stage of development.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
merlinx_at
Captain

Post by merlinx_at »

ruarz wrote:This is a little suggestion and one that would be easy to implement but I think it would benefit most players.

A lot of the game is spent managing diplomatic offers from countries, usually for goods, and this gets tedious very quickly. Some days you only get one but others you get between 5-10. When simulating the game very fast you can find yourself with about 50 messages in matter of minutes. Supreme Ruler offers some great tools for dealing with this tedium but they aren't quite complete. You can auto-accept diplomatic offers that are good value for money but very quickly you find your inbox clogging up with "Diplomatic Exchange Successful". You can click "Hide messages of this type" but then you'll no longer get confirmation of the more important messages such as proposals relating to alliances and research.

To deal with this I'd propose splitting "Diplomatic Exchange Successful" into three categories and replacing the headers:

-"Sent Goods Exchange Offer Successful"
-"Received Goods Exchange Offer Successful"
-"Diplomatic Exchange Successful"

By separating diplomatic exchanges concerning research, alliances and treaties from the everyday clutter you can set the unwanted confirmations to go away while still receiving the more important ones. By separating goods exchange offers sent and goods exchange offers received you won't lose confirmation of successful offers that you have sent. Why offer tools that resolves receiving millions of offers if you still get millions of confirmations?

I think a little fix would go a long way to making the gameplay more fluent and enjoyable. Then we just find a way to get rid of those pesky messages that Barbados has signed a treaty with the Federal States of Micronesia while still retaining messages that the United States has signed a treaty with the UK and my OCD about annoying message clutter will disappear!
+1
SRU 9.0.73.1 (Steam) / W7Pro-64 eng

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”