Idea about territories and something else

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Marek12
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Idea about territories and something else

Post by Marek12 »

This is a thing that is extremely bothering me from the first time that I played any Supreme Ruler game,the fact that you can't have a part of someone's territory,but all or nothing which is absolutely unrealistic,specially when it's a small country vs big war,where the smaller captures a certain region, except in very,very rare cases where you can get a peace agreement after you catch the territory you want,but you have to be extremely lucky.

So what's my idea,my idea is that you can manually, in-game, set areas of other countries that ,,should belong to you" ,like loyalty except that they'd be called ,,ter. pretensions,, (for example many european countries should have pretensions on other countries,at least in eastern europe,where that is the case,regardless of the loyalty) ,so for example let's say that you want to create a big all-muslim country and you reach Russia and want to take Chechnya and few neighboring parts that are also muslim, you would declare a ,,territorial war" (there would still be an option for the regular one) and if you take control of all areas that you want,then the area goes to you (instead of having to wait for years for the enemy to give you a peace proposal while you control the area), it may be a little complicated to make,but it is pointless to control an entire country if you just want a small part.
Pax25
Colonel

Re: Idea about territories and something else

Post by Pax25 »

Basically, you want to implement "war goals" and CB like they have in all Paradox games now. Would be nice, but not sure how they could do it with the current game engine.
"In any good multiplayer wargame, the only 'house rule' that should be needed, is that there are no rules." -Pax25
GameRanger # 406426
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Pax25 wrote:Basically, you want to implement "war goals" and CB like they have in all Paradox games now. Would be nice, but not sure how they could do it with the current game engine.
Or you could just play a paradox game and leave SR to us.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Marek12
Sergeant

Post by Marek12 »

^^ Why do you have to be a hater? I am just trying to give an idea that would make the game a little more realistic in my opinion at least,do you think that if Chechens won the war in 1999 (second chechen war) that they would now control entire Russia from St. Petersburg,Moscow all the way to Vladivostok or just the areas in Chechnya and perhaps around it (like Dagestan,etc..) ,which seems more realistic? Or let's say Azerbaijan declares war on Iran (there are multiple millions of Azeris in Iran bordering Azerbaijan),would it be more realistic that Azerbaijan (size of 86.000sq km) wins only that smaller Azeri part or that it controls entire Iran which is 1.640.000 sq kilometers? (for comparison France is 640.000) Don't get me wrong, SR is a great game, I spent entire days playing it,2020,cold war,1936 and now ultimate,but this is a thing that should at least be tried to be implemented if nothing else,if it works,awesome,if not,then at least they tried.
Micheal
Warrant Officer

Post by Micheal »

I agree with Marek because the Casus Belli part of the game has potential and would be cool if that linear part of the game was expanded upon. Paradox is the publisher of the Supreme Ruler Franchise so technically we are playing a Paradox game since they originally wrote it. [_]OT But all in all I believe Marek has a point since this can give a variety of options for the player and the AI to fit there agenda instead of the usual three options and the AI almost never restores or liberate a nation even if there the "good guys." Still the Soviet Union did not have the full authority to choose Germany's future because the Allies in the west put effort in as well. It would be great if Battle Goat studios developed a post war negotiation mechanic to actually allow the player to split a country in two like Korea, Vietnam and obviously Germany.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Micheal wrote:...Paradox is the publisher of the Supreme Ruler Franchise so technically we are playing a Paradox game since they originally wrote it...
This statement is wrong on many levels.

SR2010 - BattleGoat Developed, Strategy First published
SR2020 - BattleGoat Developed, Paradox published
SR Cold war - BattleGoat Developed, Paradox published
SR 1936 - - BattleGoat Developed and published
SR Ulitmate - BattleGoat Developed and published

Not of it was "written" or developed in any way by Paradox. They did distribution, publishing, marketing.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Micheal
Warrant Officer

Post by Micheal »

I was wrong about that statement and I am sorry but is BattleGoat Studious at least considering to take at least some elements of Casus Belli from Paradox's games or even others. For example, in EU4 the player has they option to change religion and culture but here in the Supreme Ruler series we call it loyalty and loyalty can never be change unless you move on to another scenario or campaign which destroys the main purpose of repeating or making alternative history as a whole. You cant ever move into 2020 from the Cold War or even from 1936 to the Cold War and I know the game engine is probably not able to do such things but the ultimate question is BattleGoat Studios taking steps to ensure this will one day be true?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I don't speculate about where the development will lead. Nothing along this line has been announced.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
merlinx_at
Captain

Post by merlinx_at »

Micheal wrote:I agree with Marek because the Casus Belli part of the game has potential and would be cool if that linear part of the game was expanded upon. Paradox is the publisher of the Supreme Ruler Franchise so technically we are playing a Paradox game since they originally wrote it. [_]OT But all in all I believe Marek has a point since this can give a variety of options for the player and the AI to fit there agenda instead of the usual three options and the AI almost never restores or liberate a nation even if there the "good guys." Still the Soviet Union did not have the full authority to choose Germany's future because the Allies in the west put effort in as well. It would be great if Battle Goat studios developed a post war negotiation mechanic to actually allow the player to split a country in two like Korea, Vietnam and obviously Germany.

+1

... or at least ... give AI a little more brain-power... to prevent something like this http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 72&t=25494

:)

greets
SRU 9.0.73.1 (Steam) / W7Pro-64 eng

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”