Please add a close border button!

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

chainsawdaz
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Please add a close border button!

Post by chainsawdaz »

I can't stand it, the way I play and design my economy it can't handle nearly 4 million immigrants per year, please add a simple 'close border' button to prevent immigration, I don't mind if we have to take a DAR hit or international opinion hit. I find that this one little thing breaks any of my long term plans and I find myself not being able to play more than a couple of years as the sound of 40 million extra unneeded population in 10 years time is a massive motivation killer.
rogerbacon
Lieutenant

Re: Please add a close border button!

Post by rogerbacon »

chainsawdaz wrote:I can't stand it, the way I play and design my economy it can't handle nearly 4 million immigrants per year, please add a simple 'close border' button to prevent immigration, I don't mind if we have to take a DAR hit or international opinion hit. I find that this one little thing breaks any of my long term plans and I find myself not being able to play more than a couple of years as the sound of 40 million extra unneeded population in 10 years time is a massive motivation killer.
If you ever run for office, you have my vote.
hoddized
Colonel

Post by hoddized »

Some sort of immigration control at least. +1
chainsawdaz
Warrant Officer

Post by chainsawdaz »

Like are you for real?! I can't imagine that by 2030 the US population would be half a billion...

chainsawdaz
Warrant Officer

Post by chainsawdaz »

The Census Bureau projects a U.S. population of 439 million in 2050, which is a 46% increase from 2007 (301.3 million).[20] However, the United Nations projects a U.S. population of 402 million in 2050, an increase of 32% from 2007 .[21] In either case, such growth is unlike most European countries, especially Germany, and Greece, or Asian countries such as Japan or South Korea, whose populations are slowly declining, and whose fertility rates are below replacement.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demograph ... ted_States

Even by 2050 it aint supposed to be close to 500 million :/
ixonixas
Lieutenant

Post by ixonixas »

Indeed we HAVE to have control over immigration/emigration. Now there is insanely big amount of people moving in EU and USA and like anyone could leave North Korea. That is just plain wrong :lol:
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

I agree. I think there should be two way border control. Prevent people from coming in, and prevent people from leaving :D
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

This goes back to more control over domestic politics etc.. something BG has never been big on adding.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Mission Space
Colonel

Post by Mission Space »

+1
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

Well you can make it too complicated and then the whole economy or militairy doesnt work like some other games in the same branch.
Nowhere i read there should be penalties involved if you do so. Law enforcement will rise and maybe penalties on diplomatic relations. Closing borders for leaving country should have a penalty then on DAR too.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

There are no plans for migration controls at this time.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
chainsawdaz
Warrant Officer

Post by chainsawdaz »

Balthagor wrote:There are no plans for migration controls at this time.
:-(
IHateThinkingUpNames
Warrant Officer

Post by IHateThinkingUpNames »

Please make plans!

In no country would they allow an influx of such huge numbers of immigrants each year, it just isn't realistic. In Europe, people are up in arms about a few 10,000s of immigrants. Can you imagine how their reaction would be to millions? I also find it completely unrealistic that in just 5 years, tens of millions of migrants will head for the west each year. The world's population/circumstances just don't accommodate for such a high number.

In real life, elections are fought solely on the topic of immigration/border control. In a game that tries to replicate politics, should it not also feature in some form in-game?
ixonixas
Lieutenant

Post by ixonixas »

IHateThinkingUpNames wrote:Please make plans!

In no country would they allow an influx of such huge numbers of immigrants each year, it just isn't realistic. In Europe, people are up in arms about a few 10,000s of immigrants. Can you imagine how their reaction would be to millions? I also find it completely unrealistic that in just 5 years, tens of millions of migrants will head for the west each year. The world's population/circumstances just don't accommodate for such a high number.

In real life, elections are fought solely on the topic of immigration/border control. In a game that tries to replicate politics, should it not also feature in some form in-game?
+1
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

ixonixas wrote:
IHateThinkingUpNames wrote:Please make plans!

+1
Yea, I think that this game really needs to add more migration controls. For example, you should be able to prevent citizens from leaving the country as well as prevent them from entering. Also, you should be able to limit the amount of immigration. I personally believe that this will enhance the realism of the game.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”