Please add a close border button!

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Please add a close border button!

Post by way2co0l »

Perhaps what should be done is simply tone down immigration itself. As "IHateThinkingUpNames" points out, the level of immigration modeled in the game isn't realistic. The largest contributor to population should be births/deaths. Immigration/migration should be toned down by quite a lot.
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

yup, but maybe if they fix economy (agriculture) this will get solved too. This wasnt a big issue in earlier sr titles i think.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

way2co0l wrote:Perhaps what should be done is simply tone down immigration itself. As "IHateThinkingUpNames" points out, the level of immigration modeled in the game isn't realistic. The largest contributor to population should be births/deaths. Immigration/migration should be toned down by quite a lot.
That is not correct. While births/deaths are major contributors to population growth in 3rd world countries, in developed countries major contributor to pop growth is immigration.

but I do support the idea of closing borders and having more internal policies options.
Please teach AI everything!
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

Zuikaku wrote:
way2co0l wrote:Perhaps what should be done is simply tone down immigration itself. As "IHateThinkingUpNames" points out, the level of immigration modeled in the game isn't realistic. The largest contributor to population should be births/deaths. Immigration/migration should be toned down by quite a lot.
That is not correct. While births/deaths are major contributors to population growth in 3rd world countries, in developed countries major contributor to pop growth is immigration.

but I do support the idea of closing borders and having more internal policies options.
+1
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
chainsawdaz
Warrant Officer

Post by chainsawdaz »

I wonder if it is possible to 'temporarily' fix this by modifying the number in a program like cheat engine but I have no idea of how to go about it, there isn't any option for it on the trainer either :-?
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Zuikaku wrote:

I'm not suggesting it shouldn't be a significant factor at all, but it could definitely benefit from being toned down. Countries like China do suffer emigration, but not to the scale the game models, and countries like the USA have immigration (legal and illegal), but the possibility of achieving immigration of over 10 million a year is far too easily achieved and completely unrealistic. I believe the scale for the algorithms on both emigration and immigration need to be reduced.

Going by Wikipedia, it says about 14 million immigrants to the united states for the period 2000-2010. You could easily achieve that 14 million in immigration growth in a single year through game mechanics. This doesn't include illegal immigrants, but with reports showing 11.1 million living in the united states in 2009 and 11.2 in 2011, the growth (while significant) doesn't come close to the numbers we see in game.

I do agree that I'd love to see additional options for internal politics akin to those you can find in games like geopolitical simulator 3, but at this stage the possibility of getting major additions to the game code seems unrealistic, especially in light of their recent announcement for no current future projects. I'd even argue that such additions would be a waste of limited resources in light of much larger core game issues that should be fixed. When it comes to immigration, I believe the best we can realistically hope for is to adjust the algorithms to tone it down to a more realistic range. Options to close borders and internal politics are things I just don't find feasible at this point, even if I'd personally love to see them under ideal circumstances.
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

way2co0l wrote:I do agree that I'd love to see additional options for internal politics akin to those you can find in games like geopolitical simulator 3.
If you know that game you also know how militairy works.. like lots of different features. Never seen a bugged game like that.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

MrRipper wrote:
way2co0l wrote:I do agree that I'd love to see additional options for internal politics akin to those you can find in games like geopolitical simulator 3.
If you know that game you also know how militairy works.. like lots of different features. Never seen a bugged game like that.
Oh it's bugged to all hell, beyond any doubt. But the general concept of it, if it ever managed to live up to expectations would be awesome. I obviously don't expect anything like that to be fully implemented with this game, although I can dream it. That game's features (functioning correctly) combined with this game's features (again functioning correctly), and a production staff large enough to provide and support those kinds of features would be my ideal, although completely unrealistic. :(
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

Yeah it seems there are still many things to overcome in programming games. We gamers think in if, ... then, ... but programming isnt that easy if you see whats on the market. I still feel some games back from the 90's have better gameplay. Thats why i feel like they should improve what they have and not get more complicated features in game. Its not just you who is affecting politics but hundreds of regions with unique political system.
Well i should just shut up im getting way [_]OT
merlinx_at
Captain

Post by merlinx_at »

Cdiplayer wrote:I agree. I think there should be two way border control. Prevent people from coming in, and prevent people from leaving :D
+1
SRU 9.0.73.1 (Steam) / W7Pro-64 eng

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”