2 major flaws i dislike

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

MrRipper

2 major flaws i dislike

Post by MrRipper »

This i miss in 'current suggestions' and should be easy to programm in the game i would think:

1: The whole militairy going into an area without supplies and get stuck, making the country open for any easy pickers.
For example, China declare war on Kyrzgyzstan (or any country west of Tibet) 98% of the militairy get out of supplies and Thailand take over China. Other examples i have seen of the whole militairy out of supplies are Germany trying to take over Norway or Russia trying to take over Norway. So those 2 areas on the map shows the ai flaw.
The solution would be very simple i would think. The ai doesnt move away from supply zone more then 3 hexes away. maybe this would also give a better feeling of strategy going on cause militairy cant move in like a suicide mission Jap style.

2: The economy in game. Prices are dropping like there aint no tomorrow (uhm that would increase them) well i cant explain. You would think if you start a country and leave the ai to handle things, 1 month later you would have abt the same treasury. I noticed the difference in startup on different countries (like taxes etc.), but no mather what the economy crashes native and world economy. That seems very strange. 1 month ingame and you have half the treasury left. After that things stabalise a bit but still dropping prices.
Well you should adjust taxes and social you say? Ok but that doesnt stop from prices dropping and to make a little profit its very hard to maintain DAR. I have red this in many topics so why not in 'current suggestions'? It gives atleast the idea its on the agenda to fix this. Agriculture is half the production price 1-2 years ingame. There are much more agriculture fields ingame then sr2020 i think, cause everyone besides a few examples makes way more then they need without any producing facility. Water gets removed (which wasnt a great revenue/cost in sr2020 anyway) and rubber gets introduced. Well thats fine but i think its part of the economy problem. now you only have consumer goods to sell for a profit. Also i noticed a huge increase in other production like raw materials. USA can support 50% of the world economy all by themselves. But then you have China etc too. Sould i even give sources that agriculture prices will rise big time in the future if there are no new siences? I thought everyone knew that.

Then it kinda annoys there is no water compared to sr20200. Can any1 tell me why water is removed ingame?! This is the most important resource of all. Wars being fought over water. I played sr2020 and the economy was pretty good! Why not the same in sr ultimate 2020. Population increase so should demand and prices.

After this ranting
I like the way the a1 seems to act more intellegent compared to sr2020, in certain areas, like fighting with allies so allies are not a burden anymore, but i must say 1 month ingame thats abt it from sr2020 compared to sr ultimate.

Edit: i see the guy is prolly inactive sinds februari, maybe someone else can keep his post updated? Maybe me?
Ater
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: 2 major flaws i dislike

Post by Ater »

MrRipper wrote:This i miss in 'current suggestions' and should be easy to programm in the game i would think:

1: The whole militairy going into an area without supplies and get stuck, making the country open for any easy pickers.
For example, China declare war on Kyrzgyzstan (or any country west of Tibet) 98% of the militairy get out of supplies and Thailand take over China. Other examples i have seen of the whole militairy out of supplies are Germany trying to take over Norway or Russia trying to take over Norway. So those 2 areas on the map shows the ai flaw.
The solution would be very simple i would think. The ai doesnt move away from supply zone more then 3 hexes away. maybe this would also give a better feeling of strategy going on cause militairy cant move in like a suicide mission Jap style.

2: The economy in game. Prices are dropping like there aint no tomorrow (uhm that would increase them) well i cant explain. You would think if you start a country and leave the ai to handle things, 1 month later you would have abt the same treasury. I noticed the difference in startup on different countries (like taxes etc.), but no mather what the economy crashes native and world economy. That seems very strange. 1 month ingame and you have half the treasury left. After that things stabalise a bit but still dropping prices.
Well you should adjust taxes and social you say? Ok but that doesnt stop from prices dropping and to make a little profit its very hard to maintain DAR. I have red this in many topics so why not in 'current suggestions'? It gives atleast the idea its on the agenda to fix this. Agriculture is half the production price 1-2 years ingame. There are much more agriculture fields ingame then sr2020 i think, cause everyone besides a few examples makes way more then they need without any producing facility. Water gets removed (which wasnt a great revenue/cost in sr2020 anyway) and rubber gets introduced. Well thats fine but i think its part of the economy problem. now you only have consumer goods to sell for a profit. Also i noticed a huge increase in other production like raw materials. USA can support 50% of the world economy all by themselves. But then you have China etc too. Sould i even give sources that agriculture prices will rise big time in the future if there are no new siences? I thought everyone knew that.

Then it kinda annoys there is no water compared to sr20200. Can any1 tell me why water is removed ingame?! This is the most important resource of all. Wars being fought over water. I played sr2020 and the economy was pretty good! Why not the same in sr ultimate 2020. Population increase so should demand and prices.

After this ranting
I like the way the a1 seems to act more intellegent compared to sr2020, in certain areas, like fighting with allies so allies are not a burden anymore, but i must say 1 month ingame thats abt it from sr2020 compared to sr ultimate.

Edit: i see the guy is prolly inactive sinds februari, maybe someone else can keep his post updated? Maybe me?
English please?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

The post could definitely use cleaning up to be easier to understand but I get your basic points and they are both issues I agree with, especially your comment on the economy as I've stated before so won't repeat here.
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

Well i think i did a pretty good job there since im not a native english speaker. But this is an old post and this has been said hundreds of times by other players. No need to clean up.

We need a working game 1,5 months after release.
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

MrRipper wrote:Well i think i did a pretty good job there since im not a native english speaker. But this is an old post and this has been said hundreds of times by other players. No need to clean up.

We need a working game 1,5 months after release.
Yea sorry about this response being "late", but I just hit view unanswered posts...
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

Its allright mate. Reading this back i could have taken more time for this.
merlinx_at
Captain

Post by merlinx_at »

way2co0l wrote:The post could definitely use cleaning up to be easier to understand but I get your basic points and they are both issues I agree with, especially your comment on the economy as I've stated before so won't repeat here.

+1
SRU 9.0.73.1 (Steam) / W7Pro-64 eng

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”