Formal Alliances and Mutual defense.

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

amynase
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Formal Alliances and Mutual defense.

Post by amynase »

Both exist in the game, but in my opinion neither does what it should do:

If country A and country B have a mutual defense agreement, And country C declares war on A, B should automatically be at war with C aswell.
However, if A declares war on C, B should remain neutral.
So, mutual defense should mean that only a country that is being attacked gets help from another country it has the agreement with, but an agressor shouldn't receive this help.

If a country is allied to you, it should join every war you have, not depending on the circumstances of the war.
The only way of not joining a war if you have an alliance, is breaking that alliance.
If your allie declares war or is being attacked, there should be a popup window giving you the choice to either join the war or break the alliance.
Ater
Colonel

Re: Formal Alliances and Mutual defense.

Post by Ater »

Not all alliances revolve around military actions, for instance most of my alliances are for trade and discounted goods.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
merlinx_at
Captain

Post by merlinx_at »

amynase wrote:Both exist in the game, but in my opinion neither does what it should do:

If country A and country B have a mutual defense agreement, And country C declares war on A, B should automatically be at war with C aswell.
However, if A declares war on C, B should remain neutral.
So, mutual defense should mean that only a country that is being attacked gets help from another country it has the agreement with, but an agressor shouldn't receive this help.

If a country is allied to you, it should join every war you have, not depending on the circumstances of the war.
The only way of not joining a war if you have an alliance, is breaking that alliance.
If your allie declares war or is being attacked, there should be a popup window giving you the choice to either join the war or break the alliance.

+1
SRU 9.0.73.1 (Steam) / W7Pro-64 eng
merlinx_at
Captain

Post by merlinx_at »

Ater wrote:Not all alliances revolve around military actions, for instance most of my alliances are for trade and discounted goods.
for this we have free trade agreements ... Formal Alliances and Mutual defence are military agreements

greets
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

If an ally joins in a war, there should also be a relationship bonus. And a penalty if they decline.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
merlinx_at
Captain

Post by merlinx_at »

Leafgreen wrote:If an ally joins in a war, there should also be a relationship bonus. And a penalty if they decline.

+1

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”