Suggestion to find my planes easier

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

D.B. Cooper
Captain
Human: Yes

Suggestion to find my planes easier

Post by D.B. Cooper »

Is there a way to change the little map markers showing how many planes are stacked from grey back to red like it used to be?
it was much easier to spot my planes back then...thanks
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Suggestion to find my planes easier

Post by Balthagor »

I'm not sure I follow. Could you provide screenshots for both? It would help others comment on this idea.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
D.B. Cooper
Captain

Post by D.B. Cooper »

Lol i couldnt think of how to describe it, I love the airplane icon on the stacks now but really miss the old way it was too. I could tell where and how many planes i had which comes in really handy when the screen is filled with different types of units. The land forces were green, the air units were red and the ships were blue. The air units are now grey and i was just wondering if maybe i could simply change it back to red somehow. Im not very good at modding yet but can follow directions really well. :D Thanks!!!
Grey bars.PNG
Red Bars.PNG
The top pic is how it is now
the bottom pic is how it was in SR36, imagine if you have a bunch of planes on carriers. The carriers are grey and the plane markers are grey. I just invaded Central America as the US in 2020 and all the planes and carriers together really made it difficult to keep track of my planes. '

On a side note maybe its just me but i would like to be able to zoom out just a little bit more in SRU before the country flag icons pop up and replace the unit details. It was easier to stay zoomed out a little more and direct each unit, but thats just me im always in full control of the units so its more apparent to me, Love Love Love the game though, keep up the great work!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
D.B. Cooper
Captain

Post by D.B. Cooper »

Here is the difference between one zoom level. I would like to be able to zoom out maybe 2 more clicks before it switched over to the country flag view. I prefer the top view much better, maybe its just me though i have been playing since SR2010 so its prob. just my eyes getting worse.
detail zoom.PNG
flag zoom.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

There is a mod that may resolve this for you;

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=23354
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
D.B. Cooper
Captain

Post by D.B. Cooper »

Thank you very much.
merlinx_at
Captain

Post by merlinx_at »

D.B. Cooper wrote:Lol i couldnt think of how to describe it, I love the airplane icon on the stacks now but really miss the old way it was too. I could tell where and how many planes i had which comes in really handy when the screen is filled with different types of units. The land forces were green, the air units were red and the ships were blue. The air units are now grey and i was just wondering if maybe i could simply change it back to red somehow. Im not very good at modding yet but can follow directions really well. :D Thanks!!!
Grey bars.PNG
Red Bars.PNG
The top pic is how it is now
the bottom pic is how it was in SR36, imagine if you have a bunch of planes on carriers. The carriers are grey and the plane markers are grey. I just invaded Central America as the US in 2020 and all the planes and carriers together really made it difficult to keep track of my planes. '

On a side note maybe its just me but i would like to be able to zoom out just a little bit more in SRU before the country flag icons pop up and replace the unit details. It was easier to stay zoomed out a little more and direct each unit, but thats just me im always in full control of the units so its more apparent to me, Love Love Love the game though, keep up the great work!!
+1
SRU 9.0.73.1 (Steam) / W7Pro-64 eng

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”