Obsolete designs that aren't ...

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

mattpilot
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Obsolete designs that aren't ...

Post by mattpilot »

Not sure what to call this... bug? or working as designed?

I have my settings so that it doesn't show obsolete unit designs. Problem with that is, ... they aren't obsolete "to me". What do i mean .... ? in the year 2020 (shattered world), playing as NZ, i have a few designs that aren't showing by default - like a patrol boat and the supply truck. I *CAN* research a better supply truck, but i dont actually have a better one in my design lists that i could build ... so technically my "obsolete" design is not really obsolete. At least not for my nation.

What irks me about it is i built a few patrol boats.. the only one i could, because the better one with much better stats was invisible due to being obsolete. Naturally i was pissed having wasted money on the crappier boats. I eventually found out about my hidden designs because i could trade them away and saw them in the list.
Stangryn
Sergeant

Re: Obsolete designs that aren't ...

Post by Stangryn »

I saw that in the first game I started after switching to SR Ultimate, just do the reset option for all your obsolete/excluded/favorites and you should find everything you can build again.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Stangryn wrote:I saw that in the first game I started after switching to SR Ultimate, just do the reset option for all your obsolete/excluded/favorites and you should find everything you can build again.
As a general rule this is the way to go. Sometimes even a properly Obsolete unit is better for the specific role you intend to build it for than non obsolete units. Better to keep the list up and if you want to thin out old units to use the exclude option to remove specific units that you don't want to build anymore.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
geminif4ucorsair
General

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

Fistalis wrote:
Stangryn wrote:.......Sometimes even a properly Obsolete unit is better for the specific role you intend to build it for than non obsolete units. Better to keep the list up and if you want to thin out old units to use the exclude option to remove specific units that you don't want to build anymore.
Absolutely... :P

Consider there are several reason for this: cost, time to build, desire to re-sell to ally after building, etc. etc.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”