Button to keep units in or out of reseves.

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

hoddized
Colonel

Button to keep units in or out of reseves.

Post by hoddized »

Hi,

I think a little button which you could use to designate a number of units or a whole class as either always active or never deployed unless ordered by player.

Edit :It is also historically accurate, countries kept older designs in reserve only to be used in an emergency, but had their top of the line units active.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Button to keep units in or out of reseves.

Post by Balthagor »

There are minister priorities that do this sort of thing.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
hoddized
Colonel

Post by hoddized »

They don't single out unit designs, just the whole army. I wan't my top of the line troops at the front and the old stuff in reserve to be used in an emergency/sold.
Stangryn
Sergeant

Post by Stangryn »

hoddized wrote:They don't single out unit designs, just the whole army. I wan't my top of the line troops at the front and the old stuff in reserve to be used in an emergency/sold.
If you want to be that specific there's a solution to this... lockout the minister and manage the troops yourself (I always do, because I don't trust that defense minister...).
hoddized
Colonel

Post by hoddized »

But I like him... and I don't want to move all my units manually.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

So you tell the minister to keep all the units deployed. Any units you want to stay in reserve, you lock minister control from and send them to reserve. Now they cannot be deployed until you are ready for them to be deployed. Which you have the option of then allowing minister control for him to deploy them, or manually deploying them yourself.
BareJag
Warrant Officer

Post by BareJag »

Yepp. When starting a new game it will take some time to sorting units. Just as with everything else that needs an extensive review when you have taken the leadership in the country (that's why you made your way to the top right?, to put things in order). But as soon as that's done it isn't really much that has to be done for the most of the time. The units you want deployed you always keep track of and everything unusual will catch your attention sooner or later. If it is just too much of them, send all to the reserve and deploy those you want first and see what's left when there are less to choose from. And always auto-deploy new units. If you put a rally point for all production facilities in one or just a few place(s) you will only have one place to check for newcomers.

I never let the ministers or any politicans near any military buisness, other than on parades and official military visits abroad :lol:
merlinx_at
Captain

Post by merlinx_at »

BareJag wrote:Yepp. When starting a new game it will take some time to sorting units. Just as with everything else that needs an extensive review when you have taken the leadership in the country (that's why you made your way to the top right?, to put things in order). But as soon as that's done it isn't really much that has to be done for the most of the time. The units you want deployed you always keep track of and everything unusual will catch your attention sooner or later. If it is just too much of them, send all to the reserve and deploy those you want first and see what's left when there are less to choose from. And always auto-deploy new units. If you put a rally point for all production facilities in one or just a few place(s) you will only have one place to check for newcomers.

I never let the ministers or any politicans near any military buisness, other than on parades and official military visits abroad :lol:
+1
SRU 9.0.73.1 (Steam) / W7Pro-64 eng

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”