Proposed Changes to World 2020 (Alliances, Bases,....)

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Proposed Changes to World 2020 (Alliances, Bases,....)

Post by Cdiplayer »

xeeks wrote:
Cdiplayer wrote:I would like to see Cyprus, Abkhazia, South Ossetia and Palestine added in. It might also be a good idea to move Western Sahara's borders to where they are in real life. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Sa ... aramap.png east of the line is independent, west is controlled by Morocco.
I don't think it's possible. Game Engine only allows limited number of countries.
Yeah but considering how many countries are in the shattered world scenario I don't think that's a problem.
xeeks
Captain

Post by xeeks »

UPDATE: 8.2.18 ISSUES

I have gone through new update while U.S. as such following are mainly preliminary findings.

1. US - Canada Relations are "HOSTILE" (BG WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? :lol: )
2. Andorra La Vella... Do they live in mountains?
3. Ukraine and most of western countries relations are "COLD" as recent events in Ukraine suggests this should be revised to at-least "NEUTRAL"
4. US - Yemen "HOSTILE" U.S have been helping Yemen to fight with terrorists. Hostile Nations wouldn't do that. Should be Revised...
5. Indo - US relations are "COLD"... Recently US replaced Russia as India's biggest arms supplier... Cold nations won't do that... |O
6. Jordan & Saudi Arabia are one of the most friendliest nations to US in the middle-east yet their relations with US is "NEUTRAL". Should be Revised...
Last edited by xeeks on Nov 02 2014, edited 1 time in total.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

K, we'll look into some of the relations issues.

#2 - yes, they do.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
drsidious
Warrant Officer

Post by drsidious »

Version 9.0.2.
Russia-Belarus only embassy treaty, in reality - Union State of Russia and Belarus - proposal-all treaties including missile defense.
Russia - Kazakhstan mortal enemies - in reality members of Shanghai Cooperation Organization - proposal China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan cordial mutual relations (full five bars), non aggression pact, free trade,mutual defense.
BRICS relations with Russia are neutral (except China) - proposal mutual relations between Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa should be friendly (four green bars) except Russia - China (detailed above)
In current game settings Russia is surrounded with enemies except China, Mongolia and Belarus. Relations between Russia and Bulgaria, Montenegro (Slavic nations, common Orthodox culture) and Russia - Greece (common Orthodox culture) aren't really cordial but are far from hostile as in game. Russia - Serbia relations are as in game :-).
Russia - Iran relations in game neutral - proposal friendly or cordial.
Russia - Syria in game neutral - proposal cordial
Russia -Armenia in game neutral - reality members of CSTO (Collective Security Treaty Organization) - proposal Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan cordial mutual relations (full five bars), non aggression pact, free trade,mutual defense.
xeeks
Captain

Post by xeeks »

Greece is in where Cyprus should be...
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

I would also like to see Hong Kong and Puerto Rico back in as colonies since they are colonies in all previous scenarios.
Kibawan
Corporal

Post by Kibawan »

BRAZILIAN RELATIONS

Instead of new posts...i will update this topiic with my suggestions.

Sorry Google Translator... xD

=========================

Sweden (Increase Relations Status to Cordial, Diplomatic Rating to Please): Pass of important technology is no minor business: Brazil is even considering invest in the Sea Gripen (Which also is a interest of India) to replace the modernized A-4 Skyhawk.

The Gripen deal, will also allow Brazil to sell "homemade" Gripen (Version NG (E/F in SR)).

Addendum:
Add in Brazilian Military Inventory::2 JAS-39 Gripen (First Generation).
Add in Brazilian Tech Tree: Full Gripen Family (With Gripen E researched)

Argentina (Increase relations to Cordial): Not long ago was announced a new defense cooperation treaty between Brazil and Argentina. That even include a very real possibility of Selling Brazilian-made Gripen NG for the argies.

United Kingdom (Relations Status Neutral, Diplomatic Rating Concerned): The willingness from Brazil to sell modern aircraft to Argentina (Falklands Dispute) shake a little the relations with UK. Brazil and the Other South American countries side with the Argies on the Malvinas.

France (Relations Status: Friendly - Diplomatic Rating: Something little Above lIndiferent): Well...when they give you the capability to become the first country in your region to have a Nuclear Submarine . . .let's say they have some reputation around.The relations decline a little when the FX Program choose the Gripen instead of the Rafale.

Congo (Relations Status: Cordial, Diplomatic Rating: Indifferent, Civilian Rating Something between Indifferent and Pleased): Brazil is the leader of UN peacekeeper force on the disputed african region.

Congo Dem Republic (Relations Status: Cold, Diplomatic Rating: Concearned, Civilian Rating Indifferent): Brazil is the leader of UN peacekeeper force on the disputed african region. And side with Western Powers.

=========

BRAZIL as a Country in 2020 - Superpower by Peace...

60 Minutes Show - 2010 Video about Brazil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To4DYsvQrX8

Brazil General leaning...

Not red or blue...Brazil is a True White, neutral.

=========

NEW TECH

Embrear KC-390 (Suggested Name for the game: EMB KC-390 )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embraer_KC-390

3 Units for Brazil
2 Unit For Suécia
2 Unit For Colombia
1 Unit for Portugal
1 Unit For Argentina
1 Unit For Chile
1 Unit For Czech Republic

STATS: Suggest use C-130 H as base and update the plane range and cargo capacity.
xeeks
Captain

Post by xeeks »

Kibawan wrote:BRAZILIAN RELATIONS
The Gripen deal, will also allow Brazil to sell "homemade" Gripen (Version NG (E/F in SR)).

Addendum:
Add in Brazilian Military Inventory::2 JAS-39 Gripen (First Generation).
Add in Brazilian Tech Tree: Full Gripen Family (With Gripen E researched)
Interesting Suggestions. I would also like to see them in the game....
ixonixas
Lieutenant

Post by ixonixas »

Baltic countries in World 2020 (Since we are making it to be realistic):

Lithuania
Latvia
Estonia

///

Allies (NATO): US, UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Belgium, Denmark, each other, Norway, Canada, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czechs, Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Iceland, Greece, Croatia, Albania (No free trade or free borders for workers just military alliance - No EU), Macedonia (Same as Albania), Turkey (Same as Albania).

Really Friendly (unofficial allies) to: Sweden, Finland, Ukraine and Georgia

Friendly to: Japan, South Korea, Moldova, Israel (and) Palestine, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Ireland, Austria, Switzerland, Andorra, Malta and Cyprus.

Not friendly to: Syria, Belarus, Armenia, Mongolia, Venezuela, Cuba, Iran, Serbia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan. (Mostly lack of political approval, people are indifferent, except Belarus, Serbia and Kazakhstan)

Hostile to: RUSSIA

///
(Moved this part to Map Errata thread)

There should be an Airbase (Not an airfield) in Šiauliai (Lithuania), because NATO by 2020 have plans of establishing a big Baltic Air Force base there. (Can't give you a source, it is still kind of secret, which everyone knows already :lol: )
And an Airfield in Vilnius (Lithuania): Vilnius International Airport http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilnius_Airport
Also there should be a hydropower plant in Kaunas (Lithuania): http://en.wikipedia.or/wiki/Kaunas_Hydr ... ower_Plant

I want to suggest that each Baltic country capital would have at least 1 BUSINESS SECTOR building. Our economies are one of the most stable and are trusted in EU. Before crisis our economies were knows as "Baltic tiger", so that would increase already small chance of survival in the game for them at least a bit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltic_Tiger

///

Also every NATO country should have a "humvee" design as light infantry. Yes, Yes, even Baltic countries. |O
Last edited by ixonixas on Nov 30 2014, edited 1 time in total.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Your suggested map changes are likely to get lost in this thread, I look to the map errata thread when I work on that.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ixonixas
Lieutenant

Post by ixonixas »

Balthagor wrote:Your suggested map changes are likely to get lost in this thread, I look to the map errata thread when I work on that.
Moved that part to Map Errata thread
xeeks
Captain

Post by xeeks »

I agree with the above post about Brazil....

Give Brazil rights to produce Gripen NG fighter aircraft... And add 36 Gripen NG fighter aircraft (3/4 squadrons) to Brazilian Air Force... as it has secured a deal worth 5.55 billion USD with Saab...

More Infor: http://online.wsj.com/articles/saab-sea ... 1414391093
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread! Couldn't find an appropriate thread.

Relations of the baltic states - Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia - with the rest of the world. 2020.

I think these three countries have fairly similar relations with the rest of the world and it would be too much work determining the specifics without Latvian and/or Estonian players help.
I will write a country/region and then I will write two numbers next to them. First is "Diplomatic rating", second is "civilian rating". Ratings will be from 1 to 5. 1 being absolutely no contact AND hate in diplomatic area and active hate between civilians. For simplicity's sake, since this is a small region, let's imagine that all relations are mutual, meaning both the three baltic states and the concerning countries/regions have the same relations towards each other.
I've used common sense, common knowledge, list of international organization members, lists of dictatorship countries, lists of conflicts, etc in creating this list.

I made this list after I've seen some REALLY major inconsistencies in relations between Lithuania and the rest of the world. It's like someone pressed "randomize" button and applied relations accordingly.

Lithuania Latvia and Estonia between themselves: 5 5

Europe:
Russia 1 3 (President of Lithuania called Russia a "terrorist nation" twice in the last month...)
Belarus 2 3
Sweden 5 5
Norway 4 4 (many 4's in diplomatic relations with some European countries mean there's little active diplomatic contact or some minor controversies between otherwise really positively related countries)
Finland 5 5
Iceland 5 5
Denmark 5 5
UK 4 4
Ireland 4 4
France 5 5
Germany 4 4
Poland 4 4
Chech R 4 5
Austria 5 5
Switzerland 4 5
Luxembourg 4 5
Belgium 4 5
Netherlands 4 5
Spain 4 4
Portugal 4 5
Italy 5 4
Hungary 4 4
Slovenia 4 4
Slovakia 4 4
Croatia 4 4
Serbia 2 2
Bosnia n H 3 3
Moldavia 3 3
Montenegro 3 3
Macedonia 4 4
Bulgaria 4 2
Romania 4 2
Greece 3 4
Kosovo 3 2 (no idea, really)
Albania 3 2
Ukraine 3 3
Andorra 4 4
Malta 4 4
Cyprus 3 4

Africa

All Africa except following exceptions should be 3 3. Civilian relations are mostly at 3 because people in the baltic states do not really know much about most African countries.
Egypt 2 3
Morocco 3 4
Algeria 3 3
tunisia 2 3
Libya 2 3
Madagascar 2 4
South Africa 4 3
Angola 2 3
Zimbabwe 2 3
Equatorial Guinea 2 3
Cameroon 2 3
Sudan 1 3
Chad 2 3
Gambia 2 3
Rwanda 2 3
Ethiopia 2 3
Eritrea 2 3
Somalia 1 2
Nigeria 2 2

Middle East

Israel 3 3
Syria 1 3
Saudi Arabia 2 2
Oman 3 3
Yemen 3 3
UAE 3 3
Qatar 3 3
Kuwait 3 3
Jordan 3 3
Lebanon 3 3
Iraq 3 3
Turkey 3 3
Iran 2 3
Georgia 5 5
Armenia 4 4
Azerbaijan 3 3

North America

USA 5 4
Canada 4 5
Mexico 2 3
Cuba 2 4
If Greenland exists 4 5
others at 3 3 or 3 4, unless dictatorships. Then 2 3.

South America

Brazil 3 3
Argentina 3 3
Colombia 1 2
Venezuela 2 3
Chile 4 3
Peru 2 3
Ecuador 2 3
Uruguay 2 4
Suriname 3 3
Guyana 3 3
others, if any, at 3 3

Oceania

Australia 4 4
New Zealand 4 5
Fiji 3 3
Papua New Guinea 3 3
Others at 3 3

Asia
China 3 3
India 3 3
Indonesia 3 3
Pakistan 2 2
bangladesh 3 3
Japan 4 4
Philippines 4 3
Vietnam 2 3
Thailand 3 3
Burma 1 3
South Korea 4 4
North Korea 1 2
Malaysia 3 3
Nepal 3 3
Bhutan 3 4
Afghanistan 1 2
Uzbekistan 2 3
Turkmenistan 2 3
Kazahstan 2 3
Taiwan 4 3
Sri Lanka 3 3
Cambodia 3 3
Tajikistan 3 3
If Hong Kong exists 3 3
Laos 3 3
Kyrgyztan 3 3
Singapore 3 3
if Palestine exists 2 3
Mongolia 3 3
Brunei 3 3
Maldives 3 3
suaske666
Major

Post by suaske666 »

drsidious wrote: Russia - Syria in game neutral - proposal cordial
you are assuming the Americans and Israelis aren't going to topple the assad regime just like they did in libya.
there is a good chance of it happening by 2020. unfortunately of course.
drsidious
Warrant Officer

Post by drsidious »

They could topple Venezuela also and then BRICS could undermine dollar and USA couldn't topple anybody....
There are multiple "if ... then" in this scenario, it's easier for me to describe current relations.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”