Proposed Changes to CG - 2020 (Alliances, Bases & Many More)

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

xeeks
Captain
Human: Yes

Proposed Changes to CG - 2020 (Alliances, Bases & Many More)

Post by xeeks »

[Edit by moderator: Thread is now sticky. In this thread, please only propose changes that are supported in the current engine. If your suggestion is for a new feature, look for an existing thread on the topic or start a new thread please.]

*This is posted at steam too, Posted here to involve more users and get ideas.

Libya
GC 2020
Dictatorship to Democracy
Aligned towards Allies (US)

India
Neutral
Give India more Land & Air Fabrications as India has a vast territory. Pakistan defeats India in every scenario I played. Shouldn't be possible India has more modern army and in number has most army personal and military vehicles than Pakistan.

Russia
Russia shouldn't have air transit rights over Poland. It's weird to see Russian Jets Patrolling over Polish territory and attacking my units when I bring my units to Poland.

Vietnam
Aligned towards Allies (US)

Afghanistan
Dictatorship to Democracy
Aligned towards US
Bagram Air Base should be owned by US and should have US Military Presence in Afghanistan as there is a war on-going and new Afgan government has signed a deal to station US troops in Afghanistan post 2014.

US
Give US main 5 bases around the world. Home of 5th, 6th and 7th fleet and also European Command in Germany and African Command in Djibouti.
Stations Fleets in it's Bases. In real world US doesn't station their fleets in Home Bases.
Diego Garcia shouldn't be UK. Diego Garcia is currently owned by the US as it is ranted by US from UK.

EDIT: 4/10/2014 (#1)

China
Warm Relations Between China & Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan (In GC 2020 and World 2020 China and Kazakhstan are on brink of war. I believe that relations between these countries should be warm at least) <-> [Proposed By: drsidious]

[#2]

*In Cold War all the NATO countries are allied with each other at the start of the game. This should be how it is for GC-2020 and 2020. As we can pretty much assume NATO will be there in 2020. To counter this all the SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization) countries should be allied with each other when the game starts. I know SCO is not a military organization like NATO but it's pretty certain in any future conflict like a future world war it would become as such as those countries share common interests. If Not SCO than Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) they are a military alliance.

Currently it's a hassle to send diplomatic messages to each country in the NATO to accept an alliance with me while playing US. Allied with each other at the start like Cold War would avoid such difficulties.

*As I find others I will be Updating This Thread....
Last edited by xeeks on Oct 05 2014, edited 5 times in total.
drsidious
Warrant Officer

Re: Proposed Changes to CG - 2020 (Alliances, Bases & Many M

Post by drsidious »

I don't agree that Vietnam should aligned itself towards Allies (US).
US are top exporting market for Vietnam goods but China is top import market.
There are issues with US - past history, missing Americans (obsolete in 2020) and China - past history, South China See dispute.
Russia is only major power that has military cooperation pact with Vietnam (as of august 2013.).
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I'll be tracking this thread, thanks.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
drsidious
Warrant Officer

Post by drsidious »

China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan are members of Shanghai Cooperation Organization, in GC 2020 and World 2020 China and Kazakhstan are on brink of war. I believe that relations between these countries should be warm at least.
xeeks
Captain

Post by xeeks »

Balthagor wrote:I'll be tracking this thread, thanks.
You're Welcome. Pin the thread I'm sure we will be finding lot of things which needs to be changed and reflects modern times.

Edit Thread Name In Place of CG It Should Be GC (My Mistake)...
xeeks
Captain

Post by xeeks »

In Cold War all the NATO countries are allied with each other at the start of the game. This should be how it is for GC-2020 and 2020. As we can pretty much assume NATO will be there in 2020. To counter this all the SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization) countries should be allied with each other when the game starts. I know SCO is not a military organization like NATO but it's pretty certain in any future conflict like a future world war it would become as such as those countries share common interests. If Not SCO than Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) they are a military alliance.

Currently it's a hassle to send diplomatic messages to each country in the NATO to accept an alliance with me while playing US. Allied with each other at the start like Cold War would avoid such difficulties.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

No way for GC. That should be an unpredictable scenario. No half-world alliances like NATO.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Kristijonas wrote:No way for GC. That should be an unpredictable scenario. No half-world alliances like NATO.
I agree for Global Crisis, this seems more the sort of change we would make for World 2020.

A new thread like this one could be started for each of World 2020 and Shattered World for similar suggestions for those sandboxes.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
xeeks
Captain

Post by xeeks »

Balthagor wrote:
Kristijonas wrote:No way for GC. That should be an unpredictable scenario. No half-world alliances like NATO.
I agree for Global Crisis, this seems more the sort of change we would make for World 2020.

A new thread like this one could be started for each of World 2020 and Shattered World for similar suggestions for those sandboxes.
I will go through World 2020 and try to find regions and information which needs to be updated.

Half-World alliances are needed in either GC or World 2020 as in the future there will be alliances. If most people prefer World 2020 than we should focus more on making world 2020 more like real world and keep GC as fictional mode.
drsidious
Warrant Officer

Post by drsidious »

NATO cannot be modeled realistically in SR environment, it's more like mutual defense treaty with occasional transit and supply per agreement and decision of the Council.
When I played 2020 it was mostly GC and in every game Belorussia started attacking all of its neighbors except Russia, perhaps Belorussian level of aggression should be toned down a little.
xeeks
Captain

Post by xeeks »

drsidious wrote:
NATO cannot be modeled realistically in SR environment, it's more like mutual defense treaty with occasional transit and supply per agreement and decision of the Council.
When I played 2020 it was mostly GC and in every game Belorussia started attacking all of its neighbors except Russia, perhaps Belorussian level of aggression should be toned down a little.
I know that. That's why my suggestion wasn't to add an organization but rather to have military alliances (Formal Alliance & Mutual Defense Agreements) between countries which represents real life organization like NATO... It is how it's done in Cold War. I was merely suggesting Cold War Type Alliances which represents (NATO - SCO/CSTO) Should be added into 2020. It is upto the developers to decide if they want it in GC 2020 or World 2020 (Balthagor has expressed his interest in making it like so in World 2020)
drsidious
Warrant Officer

Post by drsidious »

List of some treaties:
NATO - Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom, USA.

Shanghai Cooperation Organization - China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan.

Collective Security Treaty Organization - Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan.

ANZUS - Australia, New Zealand, United States.

Rio Treaty - Argentina, Bahamas, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, United States, Uruguay.

Peace and Security Council (African Standby Force) - all independent countries in Africa and African waters except Morocco (left) and Central African Republic (suspended)

Union of South American Nations - Bolivia , Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, Venezuela, Chile, Guyana, Suriname.
Marek12
Sergeant

Post by Marek12 »

Here are some of my ideas,these are about everything,not just bases,so sorry if I go of topic a little.

1.Novorossiya (currently Donetsk people's rep. and Lugansk p. r.) should be an independent country or at least a ,,colony,, of Russia like Crimea,Novorossiyan leaders said they will not stop until they have everything from Harkov to Odessa,so I think that the rest of that territory should be loyal to Novorossiya (but still in Ukraine,since we can't predict future that much),here's a map:
-so Donetsk&Lugansk oblasts - separate country called Novorossiya
-all the rest,a territory loyal to Novorossiya,but inside Ukraine,like on this map http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ged%29.PNG

2.Bosnia and Herzegovina is miss represented in the game even by today's standards,it is not a single country,but a federation of 1.the Serbian republic (pink) and 2.the ,,Federation,, (purple) http://bih-x.info/wp-content/uploads/20 ... titeti.jpg ,they have a different government,different presidents and so on,so it should be done like soviet union in ,,cold war,, ,the ,,federation,, should be the main region,with capital Sarajevo and the Serbian republic should be its ,,colony,, ,with capital Banjaluka (btw. the green thing on the map is a shared city that isn't important)

3.Transnistria is missing I think,there should also be a Russian base over there (Russian 14.th army)

4.Loyalty issues on balkans,now this is complicated,but it would really make the game better,this is just a list of more radical ethnicity problems
So here's a map of former Yugoslavia http://www.zaslike.com/files/65in0wsd3rvh1dm549.png
-small region south of city of Vranje (its in the game) in the southern part of Serbia is settled by Albanians that are loyal to Kosovo/Albania (Presevo&Bujanovac,lightblue on the map),there was a brief war there in 2001
-southwestern Serbia is settled by Bosnians that are loyal to Bosnia (city of Novi Pazar and that region) green on the map,also some parts of Montenegro,also shown on the map
-Serbs (blue) are loyal to Serbia in cities of Kotor (south montenegro) and in north Montenegro
-Serbs that live in north part of Kosovo don't recognize its existence and are loyal to Serbia
-Albanian (light blue) nationalists claim a small part of Montenegro,a bigger part of Macedonia (another war was there in 2001),entire Kosovo and as I said earlier small part in southeast Serbia,on the border with Macedonia

5.There is a huge American military base in Kosovo,called Bond steel (city of Urosevac) and also lots of american,german and turkish soldiers there that should have an alliance with Kosovo (nato countries that are in KFOR) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosovo_For ... _countries

6.Russia should have a air transit corridor via Bulgaria and Romania to Serbia (recent joint Srb-Rus military exercise https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBNj00dEQHU )

7.I also agree with the Vietnam thing,Vietnam is definitely not an ally of America
MrRipper

Post by MrRipper »

I understand that you all want to make it realistic, but it is a game? I stopped playing blue nations cause sphere victory seems best for intellegent ai and cloosest to new outbreak of ww3, but if your in blue, you know your gonna win. The further in game the weaker red gets. Chinese troops out of supplies in west tibet and russian troops north of norway (or in 1936 german troops).

The focus should be to fix the gameplay issues and not waste time on things like this which can change in rl tomorrow.
drsidious
Warrant Officer

Post by drsidious »

MrRipper wrote:I understand that you all want to make it realistic, but it is a game? I stopped playing blue nations cause sphere victory seems best for intellegent ai and cloosest to new outbreak of ww3, but if your in blue, you know your gonna win. The further in game the weaker red gets. Chinese troops out of supplies in west tibet and russian troops north of norway (or in 1936 german troops).

The focus should be to fix the gameplay issues and not waste time on things like this which can change in rl tomorrow.
Thread name is: Proposed Changes to CG - 2020 (Alliances, Bases & Many More).
Developer/moderator wrote on first page :
[Edit by moderator: Thread is now sticky. In this thread, please only propose changes that are supported in the current engine. If your suggestion is for a new feature, look for an existing thread on the topic or start a new thread please.]

*This is posted at steam too, Posted here to involve more users and get ideas.
What have we done wrong?
Blue vs red already reported http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 63&t=21115.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”