Greater control over colonies?

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

mikeownage
Colonel

Greater control over colonies?

Post by mikeownage »

I think we should have the ability to have more control over our colonies. Such as priorities to say focus on research, industrial expansion or domestic approval and such.
Wolfy
Corporal
Human: Yes

Re: Greater control over colonies?

Post by Wolfy »

Also the ability to annex them instead of only one option to liberate.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

This forum is dead :-(
Please teach AI everything!
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

I think we should have the ability to have more control over our colonies. Such as priorities to say focus on research, industrial expansion or domestic approval and such.
Some of the parent's priorities will affect the colony, though admittedly this is imprecise. You are also able to assert your policies by building facilities within a colony, though again this is a bit of blunt instrument because you can't adjust them once they are built. The intent was to allow you to influence a colony without actually having full control, which in most cases was the most realistic way of looking at a colony.
Also the ability to annex them instead of only one option to liberate.
This decision was made on purpose, and I recall having some very good reasons at the time, though I have to admit they've slipped my mind a bit. I'll have to do some digging to remind myself of the issues regarding this.
This forum is dead
Well it's not the bright eyed and bushy tailed young lad that it used to be, so it does seem to take a lot of naps. The forum may occasionally be pining for the fjords, but we're not dead yet. Unfortunately a lot of our newest fans in the "Steam era" don't visit forums like this as much, plus of course after 10 years we've pretty much discussed everything at least once ;) I also have to apologize that I don't visit as much as I would like, because if I did then nothing would get done around here.
geminif4ucorsair
General

Re: FORMOSA - Greater control over colony

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

Quote:

Some of the parent's priorities will affect the colony, though admittedly this is imprecise. You are also able to assert your policies by building facilities within a colony, though again this is a bit of blunt instrument because you can't adjust them once they are built. The intent was to allow you to influence a colony without actually having full control, which in most cases was the most realistic way of looking at a colony.
-------------------

In a new game playing Japan, trade with Formosa is almost unable to trade with its "parent" in Tokyo, because the latter has almost no Treasury monies allocated, and therefore trades were limited to $1 million or less, for several turns.

In addition, Formosa is not modeled with the degree of control that Japan should have....it should be comparable with that of Korea.
During the long Japanese control over the island, Tokyo provided a education system for the island, built roads and railroads, sent Taiwanese to attend Japanese universities - and equally important, become Japanese citizens. What some countries might call today
"duel citizenship" was bestowed (and yes, there was always some discrimination among native Japanese vs colonials even with such citizenship, it is beyond modeling of the game to deal with such issues).

In effect:
1. provide for easier trade between Formosa and Japan.
2. enhance the overall control and treaties list to reflect control more comparable with Korea, as Tokyo could make all the same
decision effecting Formosa that they could in Korea.

Thanks! :-)
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

Zuikaku wrote:This forum is dead :-(
All forums are struggling these days, facebook and tablets are killing them

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”