Poll: What should the Developers focus on?

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

What should the Developers mostly focus on?

+++Game General
No votes
*Improving the Tutorial / making the Game easier to learn
1%
*Making the game faster / optimizing for slow PCs
1%
*Set typical Minister Controls to apply in every game
No votes
*Bugfixing
No votes
+++Scale of the Game
No votes
*Adding more Scenarios / balancing or improving existing ones
1%
*Adding more Campaigns / balancing or improving existing ones
No votes
*Adding more Events
1%
*Peacetime/Wartime Modifiers
2%
*Include SR Cold War and SR 2020 Scenarios
2%
+++Controls
No votes
*Adding Waypoints
1%
*Adding the possibility to sort units in the Defense screen
1%
+++Graphics
No votes
*New Images/Sprites
No votes
*Improving GUI
1%
*Easier obtainable information about Labour force/etc.
No votes
+++Map
1%
*Improving resource distribution on map
No votes
*Adding more Cities / Bases / Buildings
No votes
*Adding More Countries (Communist China)
2%
+++Land Warfare + AI
4%
*defensive AI
1%
*offensive AI
2%
*more unit designs /balance existing ones
No votes
*Adding Trains and Railway transportation
2%
*Improving Supply System
2%
*Redoing Infantry training (Infantry being trained in Barracks)
1%
*Increasing Personnel size to get historic army size
2%
*Select Units by type/Function
No votes
*Make AI build wider span of units
1%
*Improve the "Increase reserves" Option
No votes
*Heroes / Generals for Units
No votes
+++Naval Warfare + AI
11%
*Carrier AI
4%
*offensive AI
2%
*defensive AI
1%
No votes
*Redoing the Naval transport System (No more german mass Suicide on London)
1%
*Ai uses Fleets, not individual ships
4%
+++Air Warfare + AI
3%
*Adding the Option to transport Planes over Water like land units
No votes
*defensive AI
No votes
*offensive AI
1%
No votes
+++Economy
1%
*Adding more Buildings / balancing or improving existing ones
No votes
*Balancing the world Economy
3%
*Make Ministers build more buildings / better at managing Economy
1%
*Option to manually pay back bonds
1%
*Add Convoys for traded Resources
5%
+++Technology
No votes
*Adding more Technologies / balancing or improving existing ones
3%
+++Ministers
No votes
*Adding more Minister Options / balancing or improving existing ones
No votes
+++Diplomacy
No votes
*Improving the Diplomatic AI
3%
*Making the AI more active/aggressive (USA taking part in the War, Japan attacks Pearl Harbour, etc.)
4%
*Balancing countries (Make USSR stronger, make Japan stronger than China, etc.)
2%
*Improve unit / technology trading System
2%
*Making it possible to stop Migration "Berlin Wall"
3%
*Allied Nations join wars together
2%
*More realistic relations between countries
No votes
*Embargos
6%
*Better Spies / more intelligence options / improved Spy System
1%
+++ All the other little things
No votes
*Rename UN to League of Nations
No votes
*Add comintern as third Power to Axis/Allies
4%
*Possibility to form a Vassal from non-loyal Territory
3%
*Possibility to play as Colony / Colonies can have Armies
1%
*Improve Population Migration system
1%
+++SOMETHING ELSE (explain in comments)
3%

Total votes: 106
amynase
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Poll: What should the Developers focus on?

Post by amynase »

I thought it might be nice if the Devs could see what the community wants most at the moment!
So here is a super huge poll :D
Please take your time and decide which five things need the most attention right now
The poll is devided into sections (+++) and the sections have smaller options (*) so you can pick where you want to see improvement in general, and what you want specifically.
In case your preference is not amongst the options, write it in the comments :D
Also tell me if I forgot something important, so I can add it (Can I?, never did a poll before :))
Sorry if something is not understandable / badly written, English is not my native tongue
Zuikaku
General

Re: Poll: What should the Developers focus on?

Post by Zuikaku »

Some of offered answers are overlaping...

I think list shoul'd be shorter (e.g. what do you want devs to focus most: diplomacy/ AI / GUI/ scenarios. and if AI wins, than let's goe to specifics and details...
Please teach AI everything!
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Zuikaku wrote:Some of offered answers are overlaping...

I think list shoul'd be shorter (e.g. what do you want devs to focus most: diplomacy/ AI / GUI/ scenarios. and if AI wins, than let's goe to specifics and details...
Yup, too many options for me to chose rationally. But SUT and Naval AI are my biggies.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

too little options wanted to select 1/3 of those and add more :D
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

SGTscuba wrote:

Yup, too many options for me to chose rationally. But SUT and Naval AI are my biggies.
Don't know why are we talking about AI at all. It is supposed that (naval/land/air) AI is fully functional when the game is released. This is not an additional feature. It is ment to work by default...
Mission Space
Colonel

Post by Mission Space »

i think Multiplayer and AI offensive. Imagine this guys, We can actually play a multiplayer game where intelligent human players take control of strong powers like the U.S., Soviet Union, Germany, Japan, Britain, ect... and the AI is intelligent in its military offensives. Just imagine how interesting a complex game like that would be. This would even be better in a Modern World multiplayer game where human players would have to deal with each other in current world situations which would be a blast for all of us. That is why I think the emotion and decision making of human vs human would make such a game ridiculously good.
bvb
Colonel

Post by bvb »

AI in general, naval AI in particular. The merchant marine option for combat transport it just... baaaaad. Most times it's simply a one way trip to the graveyard. Fleet & CV usage being spruced up would also be quite nice.

Mapwise, the Pacific. Lot of important locations between Japan, Philippines & Hawaii are MIA, making for a pretty sparse pacific theater.
rtscanada
Sergeant

Post by rtscanada »

all of the issues mentioned in this thread:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 70&t=21342

mainly the returning land/dead nations options
rtscanada
Sergeant

Post by rtscanada »

+++Something Else Vote

- I'm amazed to see that the option and AI action of repatriating nations and land, as well as dead nations who partisan their way to their capitals returning to the game (not zombie countries I can't trade with) is not present. This is my #1 improvement to the game and would shut me up about anything else. This feature I feel is incredibly key to SR1936's success and at replicating a realistic World War 2 environment.
amynase
Lt. Colonel

Post by amynase »

rtscanada wrote:+++Something Else Vote

- I'm amazed to see that the option and AI action of repatriating nations and land, as well as dead nations who partisan their way to their capitals returning to the game (not zombie countries I can't trade with) is not present. This is my #1 improvement to the game and would shut me up about anything else. This feature I feel is incredibly key to SR1936's success and at replicating a realistic World War 2 environment.
Ok I will add this as soon as I know that it won't break the poll if I edit it. Anyone knows this?
Bob
Warrant Officer

Post by Bob »

~eliminate the lightest colored red circle to make it harder to mine minerals
~Add pipe lines if you want to drill a well
~force player to add rails if they want to mine coal/metal ore/iron ore...no rail, no coal
~Force player to put power coal facilities near water ways where ships can travel or they must have railroads build to them
~force players to build pipelines to power oil facilities or build them near major water source
~Add Natural Gas,
~add Gas power facilities
~Divide Consumer goods into different industrial groups...light consumer = cloths, you would then need Sheep....Med Consumer would be like Furniture, you would need Lumber...Heavy Consumer would be like cars, you would need steel facility
~Give money and loans a larger role in the game...dump the UN/LON and create a world bank. The bank would collect all the interest every nation pays and issue new loans. your interest rates would be based on your credit rating.
~a map of the tech tree
~you cannot sell electricity from New York to London, but you can sell to a country you have a border with
~Add in ocean fishing...this opens the door for another Item you can sell and facilities of all kinds that help in turning it into products

You cannot have a "real" game without Banking, Banks, not the UN run this world. those who control the money, control you......unless you have a bigger, longer ranged gun :)

bob
rtscanada
Sergeant

Post by rtscanada »

amynase wrote:
rtscanada wrote:+++Something Else Vote

Ok I will add this as soon as I know that it won't break the poll if I edit it. Anyone knows this?
Will I be able to vote again?
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

SGTscuba wrote:

Ditto. SUT would make a fun game, but without Naval AI improvements, the game is too easy.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Bob wrote:~eliminate the lightest colored red circle to make it harder to mine minerals
~Add pipe lines if you want to drill a well
~force player to add rails if they want to mine coal/metal ore/iron ore...no rail, no coal
~Force player to put power coal facilities near water ways where ships can travel or they must have railroads build to them
~force players to build pipelines to power oil facilities or build them near major water source
~Add Natural Gas,
~add Gas power facilities
~Divide Consumer goods into different industrial groups...light consumer = cloths, you would then need Sheep....Med Consumer would be like Furniture, you would need Lumber...Heavy Consumer would be like cars, you would need steel facility
~Give money and loans a larger role in the game...dump the UN/LON and create a world bank. The bank would collect all the interest every nation pays and issue new loans. your interest rates would be based on your credit rating.
~a map of the tech tree
~you cannot sell electricity from New York to London, but you can sell to a country you have a border with
~Add in ocean fishing...this opens the door for another Item you can sell and facilities of all kinds that help in turning it into products

You cannot have a "real" game without Banking, Banks, not the UN run this world. those who control the money, control you......unless you have a bigger, longer ranged gun :)

bob
I just like all of that. Especially the rails that acually have significant effects!
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Zuikaku wrote:I just like all of that. Especially the rails that actually have significant effects!

Me too..

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”