Ability to trade land / Make new nations

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Re: Ability to trade land / Make new nations

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:You say that as if all we need to do is put in a button. It's far more complex than that.
I know its not like that. But if the region is dead, we could liberate it by making all hexes loyal to it part of resurrected region...
Please teach AI everything!
smygsork
Captain

Post by smygsork »

Balthagor wrote:You say that as if all we need to do is put in a button. It's far more complex than that.
I'm convinced that was meant more as a joke. Setting up new players during the game might require more work than expected since it would need to be taking a lot of dynamic things into consideration. Things including techs, relations, territory and so on gained would all need to be based off of something. Also, players have previously only been set up at the start of the game (if I recall correctly) which would most likely be where the time consuming work would be required.
At least the land trade (if implemented) could be used to transfer the land to the new owner. :-)

However, I would think the possibilities opened up could lead to huge improvement to the game as a sandbox and increase the variety where we tend to see the same situations play out the majority of the time. Though tying it into current features such as the diplomacy or rebels and so on will take more work.
hoddized
Colonel

Post by hoddized »

I think hexes having multiple loyalties would be a big plus if granting independence to annexed regions is implemented. I might want to release Iraq, but they have Kurdish minorities (and IS in 2020) which I might not want to grant independence, just Iraq within it's previous borders...

Kveðja,

Höddi
smygsork
Captain

Post by smygsork »

Precisely. And if examples are interesting paradox have been using a similar system for most of their games for years now and it works very well.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”