Ability to trade land / Make new nations

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

1001will
Private
Human: Yes

Ability to trade land / Make new nations

Post by 1001will »

Hey, this was being discussed on the steam forums but i'm also posting the suggestion here.

After you capture a country there should be a new option brought up with Liberate, Colonize and Annex, maybe something called "Redraw Borders" or "Part Annex" and if you select that, you are able to select what individual tiles of his land you want to annex, leaving the rest of the tiles still under their control, so you do not end up with like four tiles in the middle of nowhere and uneven borders everywhere. This could also be added as a diplomatic offer, where you could trade parts of your land or ask for parts of their land, so for example if you were America you could ask the United Kingdom for two tiles of their land and if they accept, you would be able to build there, making it easier to store units in barracks if you are planning a European invasion or something like that.

Also, another interesting feature to add (if you are going to add something like we have been discussing) would be the ability to make new nations. Say you are America and have captured Russia, but you do not want to control all that extra land, or allow Russia to still be a living nation (or colony) you could just decide to create new nations and give them some of the land you just captured from Russia (you could either make up new names for countries and setup what type of government they will be, dictatorship/democracy ect.. or select from a list of 'Dead' regions to give the land to) An example of this would be, say I was the United Kingdom and decided I wanted to give Scotland its land back (even though they never started with any land in the start, they are still listed as a 'Dead' region) I could just select the 'Form New Nation' button in the in-game menu (Probably a new tab next to Espionage or something) ,select the region 'Scotland' and give them the top part of the British isle, and then after I have confirmed I want to make a new Nation with the selected tiles I would then be asked if I wanted to have the new nation be independent or a colony, after choosing that I would then carry on with the game, with Scotland now part of the world.

So basically, you are about to trade land and make new nations.

(Link to steam post about this http://steamcommunity.com/app/244410/di ... 0261199#p1
Garethw87
Warrant Officer

Re: Ability to trade land / Make new nations

Post by Garethw87 »

I like this idea!
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

This would solve a big part of the "weird maps after wars" problem.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Too good to be implemented :D [_]O
Please teach AI everything!
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

This would be absolutely amazing. I do hope that this gets implemented at some point.
Inzann
Warrant Officer

Post by Inzann »

A great idea, I would love to see something like this implemented!
BlackSoulReaper
Warrant Officer

Post by BlackSoulReaper »

Please please please to do this.
Von Bismarck
Captain

Post by Von Bismarck »

Historically, redrawing borders of a conquered nation was common; therefore, I agree it should be part of the game if possible to implement.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

I think the biggest question here, why wasn't this implemented since SR2020? Technical difficulties?
Jacklax100
Lieutenant

Post by Jacklax100 »

Kristijonas wrote:This would solve a big part of the "weird maps after wars" problem.
I couldn't agree more. I honestly hate the weird maps. I see the USSR controlling Italy, Denmark controlling Poland, Ireland controlling Japan and Germany. It's just a big mess. I also have four things to add onto the suggestions.
1. Ability to trade land and sea territories with alive nations even if you have not defeated/conquered them eg: When I play as Ireland I wish that I have possession of the whole island but I don't want war because I cannot beat the United Kingdom and I have no modding skills. The solution, I go to trade with the United Kingdom, select the hexes I want, pay lot's of money and Ireland is unified if they accept. I believe that the price of each individual hex should vary on the terrain, loyalty (big price increase for squares loyal to the country giving up the land, big decrease if the land is loyal to the buyer, and no change if loyal to neither), population (one million for 100 inhabitants), facilities (add price of construction and upkeep), and price of max recourse production at time bought. The only territory which cannot be bought is the capital of a nation.
2. Individual loyalty options. For every loyalty you should have the option to liberate, annex, draw borders/partial annex, colonize, or partially colonize (basically the same thing as partial annex but the rest becomes your colony).
3. I think that there should be the option of dividing up, rewriting borders, and partially liberating a colony.
4. I think that there should be an option added to the colonies that allows them to be annexed or partially annexed.
CommissarKarkhov
Warrant Officer

Post by CommissarKarkhov »

Jacklax100 wrote:
Kristijonas wrote:This would solve a big part of the "weird maps after wars" problem.
I couldn't agree more. I honestly hate the weird maps. I see the USSR controlling Italy, Denmark controlling Poland, Ireland controlling Japan and Germany. It's just a big mess. I also have four things to add onto the suggestions.
1. Ability to trade land and sea territories with alive nations even if you have not defeated/conquered them eg: When I play as Ireland I wish that I have possession of the whole island but I don't want war because I cannot beat the United Kingdom and I have no modding skills. The solution, I go to trade with the United Kingdom, select the hexes I want, pay lot's of money and Ireland is unified if they accept. I believe that the price of each individual hex should vary on the terrain, loyalty (big price increase for squares loyal to the country giving up the land, big decrease if the land is loyal to the buyer, and no change if loyal to neither), population (one million for 100 inhabitants), facilities (add price of construction and upkeep), and price of max recourse production at time bought. The only territory which cannot be bought is the capital of a nation.
2. Individual loyalty options. For every loyalty you should have the option to liberate, annex, draw borders/partial annex, colonize, or partially colonize (basically the same thing as partial annex but the rest becomes your colony).
3. I think that there should be the option of dividing up, rewriting borders, and partially liberating a colony.
4. I think that there should be an option added to the colonies that allows them to be annexed or partially annexed.
Yes.
Sort of getting back into SR after a years long hiatus.
tafilete
Sergeant

Post by tafilete »

Would love to see tris option on the game.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Would like to see this feature added to the game...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

I was just coming to the forums to suggest allow the creation of nations and or colonies. I just went to peace with china and have some of their territory and I would like to make the territory into a new colony or at least give it to my bordering colony.

Should be pretty simple to do, let the user select the territory, then the next step should be to select if it's a new nation or colony. then select the government type then select if the territory research tech from the same equipment code as the territory it's loyal to or the nation that is creating it.

I also think colonies should be allowed to build their own military if the parent country wants.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

mikeownage wrote:...Should be pretty simple to do, let the user select the territory...
Not really. The game doesn't have a UI for selecting territory or for reviewing stored selections. The engine doesn't have data points for recording the hexes included in a selection nor the data points for selections for different regions.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”