Battlegroups ?

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Von Thoma
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Battlegroups ?

Post by Von Thoma »

Hi there,

one of the most things I disliked, was the problem with that 7 units stack ...
I think in "Cold war" there have been Battlegroups introduced but the units still behaved like individual units ...

After some hours with SR 1936 it feels still terrible, special to SELECT the whole battlegroup !
Is there some magic how to SELECT the whole group and move it ?

Best would be an ICON and when I click on that icon ALL UNITS are selected and the orders count for all of them ...
it seems now somehow you have to double or triple click or such thing, but for me it didn't really work ...
please a more easy selection of the whole battlegroup
Thank you !
bluestreak2k5
Captain

Re: Battlegroups ?

Post by bluestreak2k5 »

Every battlegroup is mapped to a number on the keyboard, press that number selects the whole battlegroup
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

There are more than what maps to the number groups, there is an interface for battlegroups that lets you select a specific group in Defense Deployment panel. Also, if you click on the map and get the popup for selecting units it will have entries for any battlegroups who's units are in your current selection. Picking this selects just that group.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Von Thoma
Warrant Officer

Post by Von Thoma »

Thank you for answering,
seems to be a bug in my game, as when I select that battlegroup, in the left below window, it says I have selected 7 units, BUT the close right window to that, where normal you see that commands ... THERE it shows still 0 units selected ... ONLY when I select the units when I drag a square around them in BOTH windows there are now 7 units selected and I could choose the different commands ...

but I see it is going in the right direction, as it is only ALPHA I am sure the devs will iron it out !

Best luck with the game and hope with steam support, you will get many costumers !
kkania
Lieutenant

Post by kkania »

What are the two grayed out buttons on the battle group list? They're right next to every battle group name, but when I hover over them, all I get is a cursor flicker and clicking does nothing.

Also, I'd love to be able to rearrange the battle group order (up/down arrow), limit them by air/land/sea/mixed and being able to quickly access the two-digit-numbered battle groups by quickly keying the sequence (eg. pressing the key "2" twice would call up group 22).
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

kkania wrote:What are the two grayed out buttons on the battle group list? They're right next to every battle group name, but when I hover over them, all I get is a cursor flicker and clicking does nothing...
Unimplemented, listed in the known issues thread.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”