Start All Units in Reserve

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

geminif4ucorsair
General

Start All Units in Reserve

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

Suggestion: Start all military units in Reserve.

At present, the beta has units in a hodge-podge of status....some Active, some Reserve, and no consistency.

Might make it easier for most players to see their Land and Sea forces in particular, with them all in Reserve status.

My 2-cents anyway.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Start All Units in Reserve

Post by Balthagor »

This would be a problem if someone like the UK wants to be defended in Hong Kong right from the start.

We will be making an effort to make it more consistent and accurate.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
geminif4ucorsair
General

Balthagor wrote:This would be a problem if someone like the UK wants to be defended in Hong Kong right from the start.
We will be making an effort to make it more consistent and accurate.
I can see where somewhere like Hong Kong might be of concern, but there are very few of these types of locations or regions.

What aim I am talking at is the whole Japanese fleet is Active, for example, and none needed to be in early-36.

Thanks for reviewing.
Last edited by geminif4ucorsair on Feb 07 2014, edited 1 time in total.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

geminif4ucorsair wrote:...What aim I am taking at is the whole Japanese fleet is Active, for example, and none needed to be in early-36...
They aren't deployed, they are "deploying" and it's a listed bug on the known issues;
- Some regions' initial forces deploy at the start of the game. - 18492
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

I like the idea, but I suggest is a selection on game setup menu that allows the player to choose "All Units In Reserve" as an option (like we do with UN approval, etc.).

That would allow people (like me and others) who prefer to sort everything out at start before going on conquest :)
geminif4ucorsair
General

Aragos wrote:I like the idea, but I suggest is a selection on game setup menu that allows the player to choose "All Units In Reserve" as an option (like we do with UN approval, etc.). That would allow people (like me and others) who prefer to sort everything out at start before going on conquest :)
GREAT idea....put that button on the Player Option's section before one starts the game, for his selected region.
Kellick
Captain

Post by Kellick »

geminif4ucorsair wrote:
Aragos wrote:I like the idea, but I suggest is a selection on game setup menu that allows the player to choose "All Units In Reserve" as an option (like we do with UN approval, etc.). That would allow people (like me and others) who prefer to sort everything out at start before going on conquest :)
GREAT idea....put that button on the Player Option's section before one starts the game, for his selected region.
You know better :P
The ORBAT files don't allow for this as an option; they are either deployed or in reserve.
It probably wouldn't be so hard to add an option or some way to parse different files IF NOT for the fact that the ORBATs are baked into the cache file.

I'm making assumptions based on the way the SR2010,2020 and CW work, but I'd wager it's a pretty safe assumption for 1936 as well ;)
geminif4ucorsair
General

Kellick wrote:
geminif4ucorsair wrote:
You know better :P
The ORBAT files don't allow for this as an option; they are either deployed or in reserve.
It probably wouldn't be so hard to add an option or some way to parse different files IF NOT for the fact that the ORBATs are baked into the cache file.
I'm making assumptions based on the way the SR2010,2020 and CW work, but I'd wager it's a pretty safe assumption for 1936 as well ;)
You are right of couse :D - but it sure sounded like a useful option!
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

I thought about this over the weekend. All it would take is another Cache where the deployment data is blanked out in the spreadsheets. I did this with my alt WW2 mod for SRCW.
Kellick
Captain

Post by Kellick »

Aragos wrote:I thought about this over the weekend. All it would take is another Cache where the deployment data is blanked out in the spreadsheets. I did this with my alt WW2 mod for SRCW.
Oh sure, but it's a separate scenario at that point. Which certainly is easy enough to do.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Yep. I'll probably do this as a scen when the final game comes out.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”