Something happened during latest patch?

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Something happened during latest patch?

Post by Balthagor »

tofofnts wrote:..I did invade Macau w/o a DOW from Portugal though
I just launched a game as Japan and DoW on Macau. Portugal immediately DoW on me. Again, if you have a case where this doesn't happen I need details, preferably a savegame.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

Balthagor wrote:
tofofnts wrote:..I did invade Macau w/o a DOW from Portugal though
I just launched a game as Japan and DoW on Macau. Portugal immediately DoW on me. Again, if you have a case where this doesn't happen I need details, preferably a savegame.
|O |O |O
I really shouldn't be talking about my old games w/o looking through them
I had a non-aggression pact I signed with Portugal ages ago
sorry for all the trouble
"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."
-Oscar Wilde
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Even if you have a non-aggression pact, DoW on their colony they will DoW on you. Now if you made peace with them you could still be at war with Macau and attacking it...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

Balthagor wrote:Even if you have a non-aggression pact, DoW on their colony they will DoW on you. Now if you made peace with them you could still be at war with Macau and attacking it...
I'm almost positive I never was at war with Portugal, if I sent you the current savegame would you be able to see if they had ever been at war with me?
"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."
-Oscar Wilde
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

No, I'd only be able to see the current situation.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Balthagor wrote:
Zuikaku wrote:
Balthagor wrote:Formosa was already discussed and the decision is it remains a colony;
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... it=formosa
I know. But with Korea and Formosa as colonies, Japan is just too weak to do anything in China. I've played almost 10 sandbox campaigns so far and in every single one, Japan is unable to gain any ground in China....

Are AI regions capable to use their colonies (resources from them) at all??
There are a number of factors related to Japan's difficulties in China, we will be looking at those.

Korea IS now annexed territory

Colonies send all surplus to the parent so if you start construction of a facility in your colony you will get that resources once the facility is complete. As Italy I often start oil wells in Libya and provide them the founds/materials to complete them because of the oil I get from them.
In my last game (which ended with a game freeze), China landed and conquered Japan.

I think that if you split China up into warring powers itself (e.g., Communist China, Nationalist China, et al) that will do a lot to weaken them. As it is now, China is usually one of the top countries in the world in the late 1930s--their population is so high that they can make a lot of money just from taxes, and with all those Land Fabs, they can crank out hordes of Elite Guards. I played USA, and was sending Japan recon and tank units as fast as I could build them just to see if it changed the situation any. It didn't.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Aragos wrote: they can crank out hordes of Elite Guards.
That is also fine example of AI build policies that only prefers the best, most expensive units....
Please teach AI everything!
barkhauer
Colonel

Post by barkhauer »

Aragos wrote: In my last game (which ended with a game freeze), China landed and conquered Japan.

I think that if you split China up into warring powers itself (e.g., Communist China, Nationalist China, et al) that will do a lot to weaken them. As it is now, China is usually one of the top countries in the world in the late 1930s--their population is so high that they can make a lot of money just from taxes, and with all those Land Fabs, they can crank out hordes of Elite Guards. I played USA, and was sending Japan recon and tank units as fast as I could build them just to see if it changed the situation any. It didn't.
The Japanese AI also seems hesitant to mass troops in Manchukuo to prepare for the war, so the attack on northern China usually sputters out around Peiping(Beijing) as Japan sends in troops 2-3 INF at a time to get blown up by Chinese artillery.
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Zuikaku wrote:
Aragos wrote: they can crank out hordes of Elite Guards.
That is also fine example of AI build policies that only prefers the best, most expensive units....

With Germany I have an easy tactic to help japan against those Elite Guards.. Something that should be programmed into the AI I think..

But here's the tactic: China only has low level units.. no artillery..
At some point, China will overrun Japan with the elite Guards.. it masses hundreds of them in my game literally wiping japan away..
and if waited too long, even conquer the japanese island.

How to fix history, where China was helpless against japan:
You need only some units that can take on some hits (Marines, Brandenburger, Pioneers)
At each river crossing, you put 7 of them and entrench them.
Behind them, you put 3 or 4 plots filled with 7 SFH1815cm artillery (very cheap and fast to build)

Do this for every river crossing.. doesn't really matter now if China sends 10 or 100 or 1000 of those elite guards against a single
river crossing.. your artillery will simply kill as many as show up..you don't have to look again on the map anymore..china doesn't build modern units for
quite some time (at least not until 1945) so you're safe with this defense line
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”