Current Suggestions

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Stangryn
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: Current Suggestions

Post by Stangryn »

Personally I'd love to see an expanded "random event" listing. As it stands all I ever get is + or - of resources (so I don't know if you even CAN get anything else). I'd love to see these random events being things like "Ambassador arrested by xxx country" which decreases opinion increases the casus belli of the suffering country (maybe the arresting nation as well). Just ones that have an actual impact on the real geopolitical situation of the game. Maybe one being a "Plane crash" that damages the health of one of your squadrons. "Officers caught drunk on duty" that decreases efficiency and morale of one or more military units. Possibly some positive things as well like "rescuing a stranded civilian fishing boat from xxx country" that might improve that countries civilian opinion of your country.

If these sorts of things already exist (and my luck just sucks) or are too difficult to implement, as always feel free to ignore this suggestion.
ixonixas
Lieutenant

Post by ixonixas »

Stangryn wrote:Personally I'd love to see an expanded "random event" listing. As it stands all I ever get is + or - of resources (so I don't know if you even CAN get anything else). I'd love to see these random events being things like "Ambassador arrested by xxx country" which decreases opinion increases the casus belli of the suffering country (maybe the arresting nation as well). Just ones that have an actual impact on the real geopolitical situation of the game. Maybe one being a "Plane crash" that damages the health of one of your squadrons. "Officers caught drunk on duty" that decreases efficiency and morale of one or more military units. Possibly some positive things as well like "rescuing a stranded civilian fishing boat from xxx country" that might improve that countries civilian opinion of your country.

If these sorts of things already exist (and my luck just sucks) or are too difficult to implement, as always feel free to ignore this suggestion.

+++

Would love to see TONS OF TONS of different random events, that would do more that just - or + of ress. Imagine "accidental discovery of super vaccine" which would give your country +10% health. After that you woun't want to lose that save file. :lol:
Stangryn
Sergeant

Post by Stangryn »

ixonixas wrote:
Would love to see TONS OF TONS of different random events, that would do more that just - or + of ress. Imagine "accidental discovery of super vaccine" which would give your country +10% health. After that you woun't want to lose that save file. :lol:

That might be a bit unbalanced. I personally like having to struggle through my games, and don't really want to have many overpoweringly positive events. Besides "tons and tons" of events would require ... tons and tons... of developer hours to think up... write in... balance out... bug check... I think just a few that add to the unpredictability of the SR world would be perfect.
rogerbacon
Lieutenant

Post by rogerbacon »

Suggestion for more types of production facilities. For example:

A land production facility that has the bitmask setting set to 1, meaning it can only produce infantry. Make it cheap to build and maintain and encourage the AI to build these when it cant afford a full land facility. This might be able to leverage the same AI logic that tells it to build a micro goods plant when it cant afford a full sized goods plant.

The same could be done for a naval production facility that only produces patrol boats (once the naval AI is completed/improved)
Stangryn
Sergeant

Post by Stangryn »

Ok, this might not be the proper topic for this suggestion. But I would LOVE to get the trade offer tooltip (that shows the specifics of the trade proposed) to popup when hovering over the check mark (accept trade) on the right hand side of the screen, like it already does when hovering over the X (decline trade) or any other part of the "Diplomatic offer" box. Not really a game breaker... but kind of more for convenience sake.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Stangryn wrote:Ok, this might not be the proper topic for this suggestion. But I would LOVE to get the trade offer tooltip (that shows the specifics of the trade proposed) to popup when hovering over the check mark (accept trade) on the right hand side of the screen, like it already does when hovering over the X (decline trade) or any other part of the "Diplomatic offer" box. Not really a game breaker... but kind of more for convenience sake.
I find it perfect as it is. Why? Because after you hovered over "decline" button and reviewed the offer, in most cases you will want to decline the offer from AI, but in rare case the offer is good, you shift to the left and click the "accept" button :D

I decline well over 75% of AI offers so the current setup works fine with me. :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Stangryn
Sergeant

Post by Stangryn »

number47 wrote:
Stangryn wrote:Ok, this might not be the proper topic for this suggestion. But I would LOVE to get the trade offer tooltip (that shows the specifics of the trade proposed) to popup when hovering over the check mark (accept trade) on the right hand side of the screen, like it already does when hovering over the X (decline trade) or any other part of the "Diplomatic offer" box. Not really a game breaker... but kind of more for convenience sake.
I find it perfect as it is. Why? Because after you hovered over "decline" button and reviewed the offer, in most cases you will want to decline the offer from AI, but in rare case the offer is good, you shift to the left and click the "accept" button :D

I decline well over 75% of AI offers so the current setup works fine with me. :wink:
I just think it would be nice to see the trade info no matter where in the box you are going to click.
raxo2222
Captain

Post by raxo2222 »

Can we have shattered world scenario in 1900's - starting with no tech, units and military buildings in every region?
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

raxo2222 wrote:Can we have shattered world scenario in 1900's - starting with no tech, units and military buildings in every region?
Already exists.
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 75&t=22848
raxo2222
Captain

Post by raxo2222 »

GreenGoblin wrote:
raxo2222 wrote:Can we have shattered world scenario in 1900's - starting with no tech, units and military buildings in every region?
Already exists.
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 75&t=22848
Err how to get this mod without logging in google docs?
Marek12
Sergeant

Post by Marek12 »

Sorry if it was mentioned somewhere before,but a addition I would love (although it could be tricky to make it) is the saddam and saddamme cheat,but so that you can select which countries or sides (dead countries) to fight,for example you play as country a,you are allies with country b and you want to attack country c,however country c is also allies with country b,so if you entered a cheat for the country b to attack you,then you wouldn't lose your ally (and of course no one would hate you) and it would also be awesome to equip random countries,then start a war and just watch them fight,I hate when I write the saddam cheat and Brazil and Laos fight,which has no sense.
ixonixas
Lieutenant

Post by ixonixas »

Marek12 wrote:Sorry if it was mentioned somewhere before,but a addition I would love (although it could be tricky to make it) is the saddam and saddamme cheat,but so that you can select which countries or sides (dead countries) to fight,for example you play as country a,you are allies with country b and you want to attack country c,however country c is also allies with country b,so if you entered a cheat for the country b to attack you,then you wouldn't lose your ally (and of course no one would hate you) and it would also be awesome to equip random countries,then start a war and just watch them fight,I hate when I write the saddam cheat and Brazil and Laos fight,which has no sense.
Why cheat code?

What we truly need is an option for our spy to initiate some kind of false flag operation when we could be able to rise casus beli from country A to country B. Now THAT would be hell of a fun.
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

Yes but in real life false flag stuff never exonerates the malicious party from international condemnation, so including it in the game would simply be an exploit. Fact is this peeps: declaring war on someone without a legitimate justification is an evil act, since war is far and away the most hideous of mankind's crimes.
ixonixas
Lieutenant

Post by ixonixas »

GreenGoblin wrote:Yes but in real life false flag stuff never exonerates the malicious party from international condemnation, so including it in the game would simply be an exploit. Fact is this peeps: declaring war on someone without a legitimate justification is an evil act, since war is far and away the most hideous of mankind's crimes.
That's why we need more options for dealing with hostile countries other than war. For example: embargo, international condemnation for what they haven't done, spies initeated coups to overthrow the goverment with a friendly dictatorships :)) and something like "Referendum" for regions to join your country. IRL example: Crimea.
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

ixonixas wrote:
GreenGoblin wrote:Yes but in real life false flag stuff never exonerates the malicious party from international condemnation, so including it in the game would simply be an exploit. Fact is this peeps: declaring war on someone without a legitimate justification is an evil act, since war is far and away the most hideous of mankind's crimes.
That's why we need more options for dealing with hostile countries other than war. For example: embargo, international condemnation for what they haven't done, spies initeated coups to overthrow the goverment with a friendly dictatorships :)) and something like "Referendum" for regions to join your country. IRL example: Crimea.
These sound like good ideas. Not sure about Crimea as an example, since Russian troops did enter the country which IRL is recognized as an act of war. Instigating coups would be pretty cool though.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”