Current Suggestions

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Sigma
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: Current Suggestions

Post by Sigma »

A suggestion for 1936 scenario:

China should not be as unified and industrialized as it is currently depicted at game start. Currently Japan stands no chance and usually by 1941 Japan is pushed off mainland Asia and China will start trying to land troops on Japan itself.

What I suggest is to possibly split China and have Communist China as separate country in the North-East that starts out neutral and eventually allies to China and declares war on Japan around 1940. Also to have China start with fewer troops and less technology.

With Japan the AI should be made more aggressive with its amphibious landing attempts.

Hopefully with this it will cause China to struggle a little bit and for Japan to become bogged down with a stalemate after a while.
scarface2cz
Corporal

Post by scarface2cz »

Let me just step right in, i've contries to conquer and nations to build.
Supreme ruler series is improving with every release. however i see soo much wasted potential. let get to the things that bugs me.
first-production. either civil and military one.
The military one (current production of units)
In reality, we have factories producting tanks, guns, rifles and planes. Its alot more complex but you get the idea. It would be nice if current simple and direct production of units would be more like this-we would order specified factory to produce some equipment-lets say some type of tank. Another factory will produce complets for sodiers-rifle+uniform+all other stuff one soldier need for combat. You get the idea. Units will then be trained using this equipment rather than "military material". This would make game soo much more real. Since in 1936 scenario i see china roling over japan forces dozens of units of tanks when in fact china had none until bought some from france and russia. And russia produced x times more tanks than germany. when in fact with their relatively petty milcap they cant cope with axis army. Thats my reasoning for this system instead of the current one. Nations historically weak and technologicaly backwards would have to actually do something and not just buy some blueprints and roll out in best tanks in the world. Mil factories producing equipment would use raw materials and some more complex ones depending on what they need for production of certain thing. T-55 most widely used tank ever would use different amount of metal, electronics and other stuff than modern tanks.
How units will be trained then? unit will draw its manpower from reserves, spend some time training in training facilities or, not even in training facilities at all if it would be some simple unit, it will be done in city or barracks or even off map alltogether (garrison, foot infantry, partisans). Spend some time in training and then pop on map or in reserves as it was. Training facilities will be new type of military facility. Training facility will have larger capacity than current mil cap, and cities barracks and off map would have even bigger.
That various equipment will go into equipment pool-pool of weapons provided by ingame facilities-military warehouses that will give you ability to store exact amount of equipment.
Another thing i almost forgot. Units could be outfitted by various weapons also. There would be 3 types for land units-soft target weaponry, hard target weaponry and airtarget weaponry. Also types of electronics. This order will be given to factory, so when recycling units, same equipment will return to equipment pool.
So instead of t-55 and t-55 1958, there would be t-55 to be researched as base model and you personally would define what equipment it would have. On map units will have this way only modified stats. Nothing more. No added values or something, just changed values.
Same goes for naval and air units.
New military production facilities
handheld/light equipment factories-rifles and complets
automotive equipment factories-cars and trucks
heavy equipment factories-tanks, apcs
need advice on how to divide factories for air and naval stuff

Another thing. civil production. Make way more commodities.

namely
agriculture
long term food-cans and other food that can be labeled as food able to survive for longer periods of time.
reason-military use alot of it, and once production of cans and such increase even common people stock up on these, even more durning cold war and such. it will use short term food and make them long term.
building-can factory
short term food-food lasting days or weeks.
current "farm" facility and "hydrophonic" one
Water-future conflicts will revolve around water. atlesat thats what experts say. And thus its needed to be in game as source of conflict.
rubber-renamed to chemicals
chemicals, why bother to add them? because our whole civilisation stands on them. From agriculture to heavy industrial production, all stands on chemicals. New 3 facilities will add 3 new comodities.
low hazard chemicals-
medium hazard chemicals-
high hazard chemicals-
Every chemical will have its own facility. Names of these can be resolved later.
timber-indeed something needed alot. good to keep it as it is.
petrol-oil, another pillar of our civilisation. good as it is. but some "rafining facilities" maybe making it into fuel? since you know, there are very large rafinerries all around the world and seems probable that they are important enough to be added in game.
coal-where indusrialisation started. no need to cahnge this.
ore-make sub divisions-common ore uncommon ore and rare materials. would make way more sence since whole economies are based on certain type of ore nad not on general type of ore. adding facilities to mine all new three ores.
uranium. i know its hart to accept, but we need one more category in here-enriched and not enriched uranium. since bombs and nuc plants need enriched one not raw one right from the ground. so adding enrichment facility will be nice.
energy. as good as it gets
now for the more complex comodities
consumer goods
electronics-i hope everyone get this and why its needed
common goods-all kinds of stuff household needs to exist. plastic stuff, stuff for kithen, bedroom, you get the idea.
automotive goods-cars, busses trams, all kind of automotive stuff.
industrial goods
common goods-common stuff that can be labeled as industril goods and still be needed in households and small companies. like paper, and other stuff.
cement stuff-factory for cement. because there is never enough cement.
heavy industry-machines for factories are maked in here along with smaller constructs for mines.
other industry-industry for extra large things-those diggers in mines that weigth tens of thousands tonnes, sea drilling complexes and other stuff.
military goods-now ammunition
small ammunition-ammo for personal weapons
large caliber ammo-ammo for guns, cannons and howtizers
bomb factory-bombs for bombers-the dum ones, no aiming what so ever
missile/rockets-last factory-rockets and missiles (smaller ones)

waste
our civilisation produce enormous amounts of waste. i would really like this to be represented in game. with civilians, government and army producing waste. there would be limit on how much waste you can stock up, in garbage disposal sites needed in every state. waste could be also recycled in recycle plants.

another big thing. change diplomacy.
being able to issue embargo against some country to block any trades with you and your allies. embargo could be issued against some comodities, products or military stuff. like UN could put embargo no some country if it goes on doing **** and countries will get large economy hit if they would help them. and give UN military units. at the peak of their power thay had tens of thousands of soldiers. all nations withing UN would also have to give fee to UN. and will be able to trade or donate stuff to UN so UN will be able to distribute said things to nations around the world.
being able to sell % and exact sums alike because being able to sell % or rather give away would be nice. and even more nicer if i was able to set time, like for a 666 days or so. and to set if i want to give it away from sulprus production or whole.
next large thing-being able to trade hexes-hex will have price on them depending on loyalty, modifiers of hex, buildings, population. just all possible factors. it would be nice as large country who have some hexes it doesnt want, it would just give or sell some of them to other smaller countries. smaller countries will almost never give hex to bigger one.
another thing, in war, when you conquer someone, and you want one certain hex with those stupid oil reserves and some partisans or other small stupid country you arent even allied to recieve those hexes just because your units arrived too late or even not at all, even if you were the one defeating whole enemy army. so it would count score in war, most being awarded for destroying enemy army and capturing important location. so you would then "trade" with other country. it would look like, you would see map of defeated country and just click on hexes you want and other side would say what they want. wou could also pay for some hexes if you want some more but dont have the score.

next thing that bugs me-when i order bunch of units to attack somewhere they just blindly go at full speed. making system for building or rather assigning units into "divisions" max unit per hex would still be 7. those units would just move uniformly. like 3 infantry 1 rec cavalry 1 LT-17 2 transports. said "division" will have for example 15% bonus in attack or so due its tank and recon cavalry.
this way we could organize much better battles and we would be able to organize our force into something vaguely resembling army instead of horde of units charging some position defended by same unorganized mash of troopers.

modernising of units. unit will return to base and return its equipment into equipment pool and its manpower into reservers.

another big thing-limit on how many good you can store. factories themselfs have some storing capability but not much. so large warehouses of various kind would be needed.
thing going in hand with this. infrastructure. in my eyes its very underdeveloped design. you dont just need roads and railroads. you need cars, trucks, trains and ships to transport commodities. like, when i play the game i just buy stuff cheapely and then sell it to someone for more money making a fortune. but the fact that i am south africa doesnt bother anyone. fact that i am third world country without infrastructure and even solely manpower to transfer so large quantities of stuff makes me wonder-how can i buy 1 billion barrels of iol and then in next 2 days sell it to someone it doesnt make sence to me at all. i'm not buyning imaginary numbers, i am buying real comodities (as long as ingame comodity can be counted as real, since my population and productin actually use them.) you get the idea. i want system of transportation of resources around the world by infrastructure. as simple as having enough supply overlay and enough transportation means to transport stuff around.

One of last things-hexes- every hex will have its own statistics of pollution, percentage of farms, infrastructure, residental, industrial area, forest areas, water areas, status of education, health care, law enforcment, cultural unity maybe, loyalty. maybe something more. or maybe not for every hex but of "battle zone, that zone of everal hexes together?
loyalty of hexes could change over time this way. also no more building of factories and powerplants within cities-pollution.

along with this there would be hex improvements-building build to improve aspects of life in and around the hex.
large healthcare facility-big hospital
police central
transport hub
culture center
national museum
national park or something like that?
large amusement park
tourist attraction
bussines sector
maybe something more.

Finaly, last thing-laws. being able to pass laws. it would add large immersive feeling. and will have large impact on economy and relations with other countries. so. possible laws will reflect actuall active and already abolished laws that existed in last century
criminal laws
murder-how murderer is treated and what is punisment
theft-same as above
rape-same as above
fraud-same as above
work laws
safety-how much safety laws are in effect-affect how costly is production
worktime-how much can people work-hour in work. affect produced goods
unions-if are trade unions restricted or not and if they are controlled by state
rights
Right to life-if life is right or not
Freedom from torture-if state could use torture
Freedom from slavery-if you can enslave someone
Right to a fair trial-if trials are unbiased and such
Freedom of speech-if people can say whatever they want
Freedom of thought, conscience and religion-if people can believe what they want
Freedom of movement-if people can move wherever they want
Right to keep and bear arms-if and what weapons can people have
Water-if poeple have right to have as many water as they want
Reproductive rights-if people can reproduce
Information and communication technologies-if poeple are somehow restricted in use of internet and such
immigration/emmigration laws-if and how can people enter/exit your country
being able to ban/restrict/allow certain things
alcohol, ciggatest, light/hard drugs. maybe something more.
you could also set right for each big section of todays society
gays rights, minorities rights, women rights, men rights, animal rights
Maybe more.
these laws would affect approval rating of either military and civilian, birthrate, death rate, immigration/emmigration, production, income and relationships.
i thing it would bring soo much more immersion into game.

all these things would need alot more computing power. so ticks would be each week instead of each day to lower HW requiments. units will still move and behave normaly.

thats all for now i guess. thanks for reading.
I really want feedback on this.
Last edited by scarface2cz on Apr 22 2015, edited 1 time in total.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Welcome to the forums,

Just a friendly suggestion, walls of text will generally go unread. It's more helpful to search the forums for existing threads and expand on the ideas already posted. If not already posted, just start a new thread. Many threads with clear topics are much more effective for sharing your ideas.

thanks,
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
scarface2cz
Corporal

Post by scarface2cz »

I've wanted to make it as brief as i could. i spend about 3 hour on it, profreading it again and again. what do you think about my ideas then? is it worth trying to push them to the game developers?
Rhaycen
Major

Post by Rhaycen »

That wall oh text sounds like the proposal for a new game, not changes and improvements to an existing game.

You might want to set your level of expectations a little lower if you want things changed, specially since we're talking about a game studio with very a small crew and limited resources. Pick the things you're most passionate about and go with that, we all have our pet projects that we push.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Quite honestly, I didn't read it.

I am part of the dev team although more a moderator on the forums now as I've started a new contract at a different studio. I respect your effort however, as mentioned, too many topics all posted together becomes an unmanageable discussion. These are discussion forums. Imagine if you met a friend for coffee and he tried telling you that much stuff all at once...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

Make new threads for each new idea, but if it has been raised before then add your idea to the existing thread.
scarface2cz
Corporal

Post by scarface2cz »

well. these are ideas that come up when i think what could be implemented to make the game better. i dont expect much of it, or actually any of it, to be implemented. i just wanted to give my point of view.
oberkommando
Major

Post by oberkommando »

Hi guys, is there any one feeling that the CVN-78 becomes obsolete way to early in game?. I my current campaign, the year running is 2028 and my current carrier design (Gerald R. Ford) is obsolety, although the AI keeps building it...any way, the next carrier design, the CVN-26) is a 2025 design so, by the time one modernizes the carriers they would probably become obsolete whithin a year or so... Could it be possible to extend CVN-78´s service life for at least 5 more years?
Ronald Raygun
Sergeant

Post by Ronald Raygun »

I would really like to see the ability to decide the leaders of the country at specific points in time. With the US this could be done at any election. Where say in 1960, you could choose whether or not it would be Kennedy or Nixon who won the election. it would just add to the involvement and Alternate history possibilities for the game.
monk124us
Corporal

Post by monk124us »

What would be cool is if we could take the shatter world map place it in the 1900s. And start the map with no tech and no preset relations, no production on map, unit Designs could go as a first come first serve. Add a new diplomatic options, such as embargo, coalition against a country, buy and sell land. Demand Release of conquered land. For example in 1934 setting after the war england doesnt return the lands to france or the land capture from the Italians and german. They annex them.
adige
Warrant Officer

Post by adige »

Some countries lack of basic techs in 2020. For example Turkey should have Altay tank and T-129 ATAK helicopter in 2020 but Turkey miss most of basic heli techs.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Make the order that allows planes to head toward the target before firing a missile the target during a strategic reserve attack a normal command or a function of the fire missile order.

Make it so if I give units launch authority and have auto use enabled, then my units will use nukes in a tactical situation. Although the fire rate should be slowed down or the unit should switch between multiple hexes of targets.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Make USSR to switch to red sphere and become a sphere leader after Germany and Japan are defeated
Please teach AI everything!
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

adige wrote:Some countries lack of basic techs in 2020. For example Turkey should have Altay tank and T-129 ATAK helicopter in 2020 but Turkey miss most of basic heli techs.
Some? Maybe not US or Canada, but the rest all lack modern techs. Netherlands as big partner of F35 need like 10 techs for that alone.
Gameplay 1st

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”