Governmental systems and political parties.

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Governmental systems and political parties.

Post by Fistalis »

I know this is likely been discussed and thrown out. And is likely not to see any real changes but It's always been a "slight" annoyance to me.
Technically speaking.. some nations are what we could consider "single party democracies" rather than pure dictatorships or Democracies. This abstraction works fine in some cases. For example any single party democracy which is ran by the communist party is simply labeled as Communism. But in other cases for example Nazi germany Elections were planned to continue after the war. Of course the only party that could run would be the nazi party.. but this is why i really do wish SR would include a bit more nuanced approace to BOTH the governmental system and elections by including various political parties in each country, and the option to outlaw other parties making yourself a "single party democracy" rather than a pure dictatorship in some circumstances.

This would also add a bit more meat to the elections system (in multiparty democracies) since a simple 35% approval rating wouldn't neccesarily mean a win if one of the opposing parties got more.
And could also be a source of political instability in single party democracies (making them prone to partisans even in peace time and MORE prone to partisans during wartime)
Also a side note.. Dictatorships should in general get the above suggested effects of a single party democracy.. only even greater chances.. just saying.

Again I know its likely not an area that BG wants to expand apon for SR.. but man I wish they would lol.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Governmental systems and political parties.

Post by dax1 »

+1
Con forza ed ardimento
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Just to add a side note to this: the U.K cancelled elections til after the war as well ..so should they be a dictatorship as well?
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Just like to add that Japan is currently a Democracy in the newest version. Still trying to figure out that one.
TheBob
Sergeant

Post by TheBob »

It depends on the year, but Japan could easily be considered a democracy.

Look at this 2-26 Incident

They had a multi party Diet and elections. They also had a history of assassinations greatly affecting their government leadership. Japan doesn't easily fit in one way or the other until possibly later in the war. Wartime conditions generally not being conducive to democracy. Even then, it was never an out and out dictatorship. More like an authoritarian democracy with an Emperor as head of state.
Micheal
Warrant Officer

Post by Micheal »

+1

I agree they should add some sort of mechanic to expand on all the governments in the game.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”