Colonies dont join war with parent

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Colonies dont join war with parent

Post by Ruges »

Is it intended that colonies don't join a war when the parent country is war deced? In a way it can make sense that a colony would not always declare war when the parent is wardeced. However when the parent gets annexed all of the colonies change hands to the new country.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Colonies dont join war with parent

Post by Balthagor »

We are still debating the rules for this. I think we've changed some of it from SRCW but more changes to come.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Agreed. Especially in a WWII game--colonies should automatically join the war on the side of their owners.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

What about an ally declaring war on a colony of that ally?

For instance as Italy I took over France and got Indochina as a colony. So Indochina is now a colony of Italy. Italy and Japan are allies. Japan declared war on Indochina.

However I suspect Japan declaring war on Indochina was a scripted event. So what needs to be fixed there is a fix to the event triggering. and to not trigger when the colony is controlled by an ally.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Agreed. Historically, Japan didn't DoW French (Vichy) Indochina, but occupied it. If they use a scripted event, that is the way to go (e.g., "Vichy France surrenders Indochina to Japan.").

Personally, the neatest way to go is to have it random--where some French colonies turn Free French, while others are Vichy. If that isn't possible, then a pre-set event should convert some to Vichy (Indochina, North Africa, Lebanon/Syria) and others Free (Guadaloupe and other Atlantic islands, most of French Africa and Pacific islands). If an "Indochina to Japan" event triggers, to be fair and accurate, a "Lebanon/Syria to UK" event should fire as well.

I saw in a USA game, Indochina DoW the US while fighting Siam. Siam also DoW'd the US (I think by event), so it was this weird three way war.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”