No treaties with colonies

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

No treaties with colonies

Post by Ruges »

Playing as Italy, I had a transit treaty with Austria. and I am allied with Germany. When the Germany took control of Austria I lost transit authority. Now I cannot create a new treaty with Austria (since it defaults to Germany who I already have a treaty with.

Solution to this would be to make transit treaties with the parents work for colonies, or even create a new treaty line that would create transit treaties with colonies.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: No treaties with colonies

Post by Balthagor »

You get transit in colonies when you have Alliance with the parent. WAD
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Then its a bug that I am not getting a transist thre austria
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Ruges wrote:Then its a bug that I am not getting a transist thre austria
Why is Austria not annexed as it was?

Why is Czech republic not annexed as it was?

Japan, Italy and Germany are too much weakened by so many colonies (they didn't have in RL).

It is very easy to find which were the puppet states of Germany and Japan. Japan had Manchuko. Germany had Slovakia, Croatia and Estonia (although it is unclear if these were typical colonies or allied states under influence). The others were occupied/annexed.
Please teach AI everything!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Some of this we are still working on but just because you disagree with how we design it doesn't make us wrong in how we design it.

And you're off topic, please don't hijack the thread.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
cret
Sergeant

Post by cret »

Balthagor wrote:You get transit in colonies when you have Alliance with the parent. WAD
This is serious. Germany can not enter the Bosphorus without an alliance with the parent- Turkey even when Germany conquers Soviet Union and becomes Black Sea state.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreux_Convention

This results to AI bugg- massive congestion of merchant ships on both sides of the Straits.
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

I had transit treaties with Hungary. USSR declared war on Hungary so I was moving units to the frontline to help defend Hungary. However an event triggered making Hungary a colony of Germany (who I am allied with). and now I no longer have transit threw Hungary. and there is no way to create a new treaty with Hungary.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Please continue to discuss...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ni3l
Private

Post by ni3l »

I was playing as Ethiopia a few days back and seized the Eritrean port. Then England offered three destroyers for about 14Mil which I accepted. I then started working on how to get them home since going through the mediterranean would be suicide. I got sea transfer rights with France but could not enter their colonies. Finally I got sea transfer rights with South Africa and I got them home in one piece. After a while I tried to capture the last Eritrean town out on the island and managed after intense artillery shelling to liberate the country. I did the same with Italian Somaliland and was surprised to see them get the Italian flag as an independent nation. Sorry for off topic information.

In my game getting transfer rights with the parent did not give transfer rights with the colonies.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

ni3l wrote:...In my game getting transfer rights with the parent did not give transfer rights with the colonies.
It never does. You need Formal Alliance for transit rights. That's by design.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”