Dead countries not dead

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Hullu Hevonen
General

Dead countries not dead

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

There are examples of countries that don't exist or don't exist anymore actually having territory. I have witnessed this so far with Lithuania and Belarus.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Dead countries not dead

Post by Balthagor »

This is by design, but the implementation isn't complete yet. There are a variety of related bugs but it now means dead regions can resurrect.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:This is by design, but the implementation isn't complete yet. There are a variety of related bugs but it now means dead regions can resurrect.
And now I think Ithe time is to preorder. Imperial Japan needs the commander in charge :D
Please teach AI everything!
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:This is by design, but the implementation isn't complete yet. There are a variety of related bugs but it now means dead regions can resurrect.
Thats actually awesome.. in my Jerry rigged test the FSA is dead but still in the list.. :wink:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Also events still happen to dead countries. I just had Norway declare war on Germany, even thow the country was already defeated by france.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Also noted.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Ruges wrote:Also events still happen to dead countries. I just had Norway declare war on Germany, even thow the country was already defeated by france.
Actually that sounds like a bug in the event script, not the game ... events can be tagged as happening either always, or only if the involved countries are still alive. There is also a number of other conditions that can be tested in the new scripting engine.

The historical scripts are still being worked on feverishly.

-- George.
Jakt80
Lieutenant

Post by Jakt80 »

Had an interesting development in my ita campaign today. I never conquered abyssinia, but moved my troops so italian somaliland(? the northern one) would get it instead (still in 1936), and the southern colony got a good bit aswell, with only the western part of ethiopia becoming italian. Now in 1940 after having given IG and buildorders to both colonies, suddenly the southern colony simply falls, and becomes the independent nation "East Africa IT" (Or something very similar to that). And it looks to be missing a capital (mugadisho isn't the capital). I'm wondering if this might be something that have anything to do with the goal of unification of african colonies under italy, never worked in the previous patches for me, always had a part or all of ethiopia as italy, and the rest to the two colonies.
Last edited by Jakt80 on Dec 19 2013, edited 1 time in total.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

George Geczy wrote:
Ruges wrote:Also events still happen to dead countries. I just had Norway declare war on Germany, even thow the country was already defeated by france.
Actually that sounds like a bug in the event script, not the game ... events can be tagged as happening either always, or only if the involved countries are still alive. There is also a number of other conditions that can be tested in the new scripting engine.

The historical scripts are still being worked on feverishly.

-- George.
Just FYI after... um the second update.. Allow dead wasn't good enough events had to be tagged do always as well to get them to fire. Haven't tested with latest update yet. Its likely whoever was doing the events noticed this and did the same thing I did.. added DO always to the events lol.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Jakt80 wrote:... the southern colony simply falls, and becomes the independent nation "East Africa IT"...
I think I already saw this, it's an event that doesn't yet have sufficient conditions checks to avoid incorrect triggers. We're working on issues like this.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Jakt80
Lieutenant

Post by Jakt80 »

Jakt80 wrote:the independent nation "East Africa IT"
Just checked, this isn't an independent nation, it is a dead nation that stole my colony and didn't even have the common decency to establish a capital. Most ungentlemanlike.
DenisG
Lieutenant

Post by DenisG »

Generally, different than in SSCW or SS2020, we have a number of countries that remained alive during the war. This played a very important role with regard to partisan activity. I believe the effort to implement this somehow is worth it.

Cheers,
Denis
Raider
Sergeant

Post by Raider »

Not sure if you still want to know that this is still happening , had a few countries declare war on Italy and it was conquered and annexed years ago.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Which ones? What date?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”