Land trading

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Thumboy
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Land trading

Post by Thumboy »

In SR1936 have land trading. Because it is really annoying when you fight a war and it ends up with little patches of different nations....
Fistalis
General

Re: Land trading

Post by Fistalis »

Thumboy wrote:In SR1936 have land trading. Because it is really annoying when you fight a war and it ends up with little patches of different nations....
Nope. They clarified as much in a diff post.
Balthagor wrote: There are currently no plans for "land trading".
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Thumboy
Lieutenant

Post by Thumboy »

Fistalis wrote:
Thumboy wrote:In SR1936 have land trading. Because it is really annoying when you fight a war and it ends up with little patches of different nations....
Ok thank you :)
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Thumboy wrote:
Fistalis wrote:
Ok thank you :)
I wonder what is next... no unit trade, no guerillas, no new diplomatic options :-(
I must have a drink or two... :cry:
Please teach AI everything!
Thumboy
Lieutenant

Post by Thumboy »

Oh we'll, I'm sure battlegoat have come up with some great new features anyway :D
mattpilot
Lt. Colonel

Post by mattpilot »

to be honest, the only "feature" i need is a good User Interface.

Just started up SRCW again after a long break and while i love the game, the concept of what it allows you to do, it just takes so damn many clicks to get to the information i want .. and its confusing (one example being the land plot info - i gotta pin it for it to stay up?).

Sorry... to me the whole thing just feels "wrong". Need less clicking, better overview, and more useful info.

Same goes for the Unit controlling Interface... its just so... clumsy.

I know... haters gunna hate and longtime players will disagree, but what can i say except what i feel :-)

So yea.. i'd pay just to get a new UI slapped on an old game
Thumboy
Lieutenant

Post by Thumboy »

mattpilot wrote:to be honest, the only "feature" i need is a good User Interface.

Just started up SRCW again after a long break and while i love the game, the concept of what it allows you to do, it just takes so damn many clicks to get to the information i want .. and its confusing (one example being the land plot info - i gotta pin it for it to stay up?).

Sorry... to me the whole thing just feels "wrong". Need less clicking, better overview, and more useful info.

I know... haters gunna hate and longtime players will disagree, but what can i say except what i feel :-)

Indeed SR is a very complicated game. Whenever I don't play for a while, it takes me a while to get used to it again. Never mind how long it took me to get used to it first time round! I have been playing for six months now and, although I am way better at the game than back then, I still feel there is a lot for me to understand. But oh well, I'm sure leaders of countries in real life face problems too, not comparing but it gives a realistic touch :D
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

mattpilot wrote:to be honest, the only "feature" i need is a good User Interface.

Nah I think most veterans can agree we've lost UI functions as the series as progressed. We would disagree if you said it was unusable.. but thats different lol.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Kellick
Captain

Post by Kellick »

Fistalis wrote:

Nah I think most veterans can agree we've lost UI functions as the series as progressed. We would disagree if you said it was unusable.. but thats different lol.
It's hard to say (I didn't play 2010 though). At first I hated the CW UI, now I am getting used to it (came late to party), and while some things were better in 2020 (battlegroups and unit sorting especially...Chris' mod for the battlegroups is an improvement, but I still really miss having the side by side reserve/deployed broken down by type (infantry, recon, tank, etc) removal of satelites (thank you for modding btw) hotspots), there are some improvements (messages while still not perfect, theatre and battlezone - although they are kinda useless, at least it was a start, would have been useful if you could assign units to them directly and still have hotspots). I kinda feel that way about 2020 vs CW in general; there's a lot of progress but then some backwardness. But hey, the missile loading interface still sucks the same as always :roll:

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”