Let's hear about relationships - 1936/1940/1941 maps

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Let's hear about relationships

Post by Kristijonas »

Lithuania/Latvia/Estonia in 1936:
They are at completely disastrous relations with all axis countries as well as Russia. I think they should not be at such bad relations with the axis countries. For the most part, the relations between them were very pragmatic. In my opinion the baltic states were always quite neutral but at the same time they could have drifted to allies/comintern/axis easy, so I would like to suggest making their relations slightly better with Axis countries, especially Germany and Italy.
Marek12
Sergeant

Post by Marek12 »

I didn't yet get to play with the game,however I hope that the Greece/Serbia issue is finally fixed,in all Supreme ruler games Greece and Serbia dislike each other and in reality Greece (and Russia) are often called ,,the only brothers of Serbs,, ,so they should have green relations all the way,in all parts of history,of course same goes for Serbia and Cyprus.
ixonixas
Lieutenant

Post by ixonixas »

So is anyone willing to fix countries relations in 2020 or not? Because I still see half of NATO countries part of "red", like Lithuania, Romania, Bulgaria... And for gods sake rename sides to "NATO" (blue) and "SCO" (Red) at least in the world 2020. |O
drsidious
Warrant Officer

Post by drsidious »

^ +1
ixonixas
Lieutenant

Post by ixonixas »

Seems like noone cares. :-( Are they abandoning this game already?

OffTopic: It would be nice if Kalinigrad region would also be considered as colony of Russia. Just like Crimea
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We still developing it. We're still active on the forums. It's a small studio, some days are lost to administrative duties but we're still working.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

ixonixas wrote:Seems like noone cares. :-( Are they abandoning this game already?

OffTopic: It would be nice if Kalinigrad region would also be considered as colony of Russia. Just like Crimea
Isn't Kaliningrad officially part of the Russian Federation?
drsidious
Warrant Officer

Post by drsidious »

GreenGoblin wrote:
ixonixas wrote:Seems like noone cares. :-( Are they abandoning this game already?

Kaliningrad is part of Northwestern Federal District of Russia, it's not logical to make it a colony.
Whole Crimea is so called Crimean Federal District so I believe this and way of incorporation are reasons for depicting it as colony.
ixonixas
Lieutenant

Post by ixonixas »

drsidious wrote:
GreenGoblin wrote:

Kaliningrad is part of Northwestern Federal District of Russia, it's not logical to make it a colony.
Whole Crimea is so called Crimean Federal District so I believe this and way of incorporation are reasons for depicting it as colony.
But by the international treaty Russia only has administrative/military rights over Kaliningrad and it is not fully incorporated into Russian Federation, because of it's autonomy.
So it is something like Crimea. It is Northern Prussia with more and more people each year talking louder about real independence.

Research source: http://books.google.lt/books?id=sDOUZEE ... &q&f=false
Research paper: http://www.lituanus.org/1992_1/92_1_02.htm
drsidious
Warrant Officer

Post by drsidious »

But by the international treaty Russia only has administrative/military rights over Kaliningrad and it is not fully incorporated into Russian Federation, because of it's autonomy.
So it is something like Crimea. It is Northern Prussia with more and more people each year talking louder about real independence.

Research source: http://books.google.lt/books?id=sDOUZEE ... &q&f=false
Research paper: http://www.lituanus.org/1992_1/92_1_02.htm
The paper you showed is interesting, I will read it. But I think think that we cannot in this case use mentioned international treaty. Kaliningrad is incorporated as oblast (with Special Economic Zone status) in Russian Federal District and not as Federal District per se in Russian Federation (as Crimea is). It's illogical for me that even Crimea is colony, then all Federal Districts of Russia should be represented as colonies, then there is no Russia proper. If we use only international treaties in game world then Crimea isn't part of Russia, Kosovo isn't independent, Taiwan could be represented as colony of PRC, Republic of Cyprus controls whole island, we should have Palestinian state next to Israel etc.
And sincerely for me more pressing matter is lack of missile target menu, I'm wasting cruse missiles. :roll:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Let's hear about relationships - 1936/1940/1941 maps

Post by Balthagor »

I've renamed this thread to be for only 1936-1941 issues. There are threads already for GC 2020 relations, World 2020 Relations and Cold War relations feedback.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

--The Italian-Greek war (1940/41) doesn't happen, but Germany DoW's Greece/Yugoslavia by event.

Recommend that Italy (by event) DoW Greece first, then a few months later, Germany does so.

Also, Italy seems to have a very hard time invading Albania. A lot of shore bombardment, but no actual invasion.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I just did some testing from the '40 sandbox, I saw Italy DoW on Greece.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

In '41 sandbox Croatia and Serbia are supposed to be allied with Italy and Germany.
Please teach AI everything!
Micheal
Warrant Officer

Post by Micheal »

Mengjiang,
Government is a dictatorship

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mengjiang

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”