Let's hear about relationships - 1936/1940/1941 maps

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Aragos
General

Re: Let's hear about relationships

Post by Aragos »

For the USA, these events should cause big relationship changes

Anti-Japan
War with Nationalist China
Conquest or Japanese colony of China
Occupation of Indochina after fall of France
War with Netherlands, France or UK
War with USSR (less than western countries above, but some)

Japan vs. US
US trade embargo with Japan
US militarizes Guam, Philippines or Midway
US has colony status of any country or region in eastern Asia
US has alliance with France, UK, Netherlands or USSR

Anti-Germany
Germany annexes or colonizes Austria, Poland, Czech., Netherlands, France, Belgium, etc. Basically any continental European country
Germany declares war on France, UK, etc.
Germany declares war on USSR
Germany annexes/colonizes USSR
Germany has alliance with Japan
Germany conquers or occupies UK home islands

Potential USA events (*are ahistorical)
Occupation of Iceland/Greenland
Destoyer for Bases Agreement
*US gains protectorate over Canada after UK surrender
*US gains protectorate over British Empire possessions in Pacific after UK surrender
*US occupation of Panama
Niko465
Colonel
Human: Yes

Post by Niko465 »

Aragos wrote:For the USA, these events should cause big relationship changes

Anti-Japan
War with Nationalist China
Conquest or Japanese colony of China
Occupation of Indochina after fall of France
War with Netherlands, France or UK
War with USSR (less than western countries above, but some)

Japan vs. US
US trade embargo with Japan
US militarizes Guam, Philippines or Midway
US has colony status of any country or region in eastern Asia
US has alliance with France, UK, Netherlands or USSR

Anti-Germany
Germany annexes or colonizes Austria, Poland, Czech., Netherlands, France, Belgium, etc. Basically any continental European country
Germany declares war on France, UK, etc.
Germany declares war on USSR
Germany annexes/colonizes USSR
Germany has alliance with Japan
Germany conquers or occupies UK home islands

Potential USA events (*are ahistorical)
Occupation of Iceland/Greenland
Destoyer for Bases Agreement
*US gains protectorate over Canada after UK surrender
*US gains protectorate over British Empire possessions in Pacific after UK surrender
*US occupation of Panama
I would add the action that favorised Germany on US's view.
-The exellent relation both has with Nat. China.
-USSR invading Finland, Moldova and Baltics make Op Barbarossa not so bad on USA's point of view.
-If USSR get advantage over Germany before US-German war, USA could have sent supplies to Germany, according to ''Let-them weaken each others'' politic.
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
suaske666
Major

Post by suaske666 »

Niko465 wrote: -If USSR get advantage over Germany before US-German war, USA could have sent supplies to Germany, according to ''Let-them weaken each others'' politic.
I don't think so. You are forgetting that countries aren't people. They are run by people. The USA was run by FDR. FDR did everything in his power from 1933. to undermine Hitler and Germany. No matter what Germany did he wouldn't have supported it as long as the ***** were in power.
LordCrusader8
Warrant Officer

Post by LordCrusader8 »

Nic5071 wrote:
Balthagor wrote:
Nic5071 wrote:Persia(Iran)
Persia's government, and im going to assume citizens, where historically friendly towards Germany...
Do you believe this to have been the case as early as '36?
Yes, i would believe so seeing as the German government had been providing Persia with economic aid sense the early 30's, if not earlier. Even when the Nazi's where elected into power, Germany still maintained economic agreements with Persia.

here is a link that i think would be helpful as well if you need more information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany%E2 ... _relations
Don't trust Wikipedia its filled with bias lies
Liberalism is a Mental Disorder
suaske666
Major

Post by suaske666 »

Legend wrote:Hi everyone.

I'm working on relationships right now. So if you have some more specifics please let me know.

I will start with starting relations in March of 1936 ... and I'll continue to work with specific events that will change relationships particular ways as the game is played.

For example, when Poland is attacked by Germany in Sept. 1939 - which countries have a problem with this? How will their relationships change? If you know, let us know.

We can and will research things but we value input into this. We hope that resulting actions and relation changes will occur and players won't think the AI is under or overreacting too much or too often.

As mentioned, keep ideas separated so we can go through them.

As an added method to communicate to us - these are how values are set in the game.
Civilian Relations: -1.0 >>> +1.0 (negative 1 or -1.0 is extreme hate, while positive 1 or +1.0 is extreme love)
Diplomatic Relations: -1.0 >>> +1.0
Casus Belli: 0.0 >>> 1.0

So, if you think Argentina shouldn't like the UK too much (due to Falkland Islands) you could let me know something like this.
Civilian Relations: 0.2
Diplomatic Relations: 0.3
Casus Belli: 0.1

- Daxon
suaske666 wrote:Yugoslavia
Yugoslavia had granted Fascist Italy Rijeka and other concessions in the hope it would raise their Diplomatic relations. Whether it did or not is a question I can't really answer. I suppose it did though as they has started trade agreements and later the Italians did not object to the Kingdom of Yugoslavia joining the axis. They wouldn't have invaded had the regime not been changed. So I guess at the start of the game they should have relatively high relations though the opinion of the people of Yugoslavia would be very low indeed of Italy.
Ok well to be more specific I would say starting relations in 1936 of these two countries should be:

YUGOSLAVIA opinion of Italy
Gov.:0.4
People: -0.5 (the Croat and slovene populations would have severely hated Italy, while the Serbs would have feared them)

ITALY opinion of Yugoslavia
gov.: 0.5
People: 0.2

Also later when The Independant State of Croatia is formed teh relations should be as follows:

CROATIA opinion of Italy
Gov.:0.7
People:-0.8
The usatse regime was composed mostly of people granted asylum from Yugoslav persecution in Italy, by Mussolini, thus the Government was very friendly with Mussolini (which doesn't mean they weren't waiting for a chance to grab back stolen territory (which they did in 1944.)) However the People weren't fooled. They hated the gut's of the iralians, because of the Ethinc cleansing and misstreatment of Croats in Istria and Italian controlled Dalmatia.
ITALY opinion of Croatia
Gov.:0.9
People:0.5

If you have any further questions about Croatia and Yugoslavia in this period feel free to ask.
S.R.L1234
Warrant Officer

Post by S.R.L1234 »

Germany/Italy
They were really close friends before and during World War 2. Germany Inspired Fascism into Italy, getting Mussolini as the dictator, who was "friends" with Hitler until his death. Germany in World War 2 would help Italy in time of need.
Germany/Soviet Union
These 2 were considered bitter enemies because of the different political and economic views, and this was more complex. A forced, secret Non-Aggression Pact in 1939 would keep any attack from the East, and Germany safe from them. With that said, Germany gave the Baltic states and part of Poland to them when Germany invaded Poland. Relationships however deteriorated once Germany planned a surprised attack on the Soviet Union, ending political relations, and the Soviets leaning to the Allies side, rather then Axis.
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

S.R.L1234 wrote:Germany/Italy
They were really close friends before and during World War 2. Germany Inspired Fascism into Italy, getting Mussolini as the dictator, who was "friends" with Hitler until his death. Germany in World War 2 would help Italy in time of need.
but Italian's King wasn't friend of Hitler...he was disagree with Mussolini for a alliance with Germany.
Con forza ed ardimento
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

suaske666 wrote: YUGOSLAVIA opinion of Italy
Gov.:0.4
People: -0.5 (the Croat and slovene populations would have severely hated Italy, while the Serbs would have feared them)
That is one more reason why hex loyalty should impact both diplomacy and DAR ratings....
Please teach AI everything!
provolone
Warrant Officer

Post by provolone »

suaske666 wrote:Nepal
Nepal even though it was under British rule had extremely good relations with Nazi Germany, as the Germans had sent many diplomatic and scientific expeditions there. Tehre were even talks about Nepal joining the axis if the Germans ever came relatively close...
Nepal was never under British rule. Nepal did loose territory to the East India company. Concerning the German connection, I understand that was focused more on the Tibetan side. If anything Nepal would have had an affiliation towards the British. Gorkah soldiers are still used to this day in the British army.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/gurung.html
S.R.L1234
Warrant Officer

Post by S.R.L1234 »

dax1 wrote:
S.R.L1234 wrote:Germany/Italy
but Italian's King wasn't friend of Hitler...he was disagree with Mussolini for a alliance with Germany.
Well the Government was soon replaced with a dictatorship and Mussolini took charge. The relations were good by then, and with the coming of the second world war, Germany would back Fascist Italy up.
suaske666
Major

Post by suaske666 »

provolone wrote:
suaske666 wrote:Nepal
Nepal even though it was under British rule had extremely good relations with Nazi Germany, as the Germans had sent many diplomatic and scientific expeditions there. Tehre were even talks about Nepal joining the axis if the Germans ever came relatively close...
Nepal was never under British rule. Nepal did loose territory to the East India company. Concerning the German connection, I understand that was focused more on the Tibetan side. If anything Nepal would have had an affiliation towards the British. Gorkah soldiers are still used to this day in the British army.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/gurung.html
you are right, i got confused and didn't realize
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

This could have had a more significant impact on things during ww2..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish%E2% ... n_Alliance
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

Who supported Republican Spain besides the USSR, Mexico and France?
Also, Wikipedia claims (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Civil_War#France) that France feared more active support for the republic could trigger a French civil war. That's definitely an interesting potential event, I did a rough map of what France could look like based on electoral maps from 1936's Legislative election, with blue being the rebel controlled areas, and maybe Strasbourg as the capital
"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."
-Oscar Wilde
Capricorn92
Corporal

Post by Capricorn92 »

I post this, because I've seen games get this wrong...

Lithuania

After the 1920s shuffle with Poland, Lithuania has lost its eastern regions with the capital to Poland. They did not maintain diplomatic relations up until 1938, but even then the Lithuanian side was not overtly happy with that, because the Polish side presented them with an ultimatum, demanding the re-establishment of diplomatic relations. But the problem remained - even the 'new' 1938 Constitution of Lithuania declared Vilnius as the capital, which remained Polish until 1939, when the Russians gave it back to Lithuania in exchange for establishing military bases in Lithuania.

The relations with Germany were also not so good, as seen by the ultimatum of the 20th March 1939 to hand over Klaipeda (Memel) back to the Germans, or else... The hand-over took place on 22 March.

Also, keep in mind that Lithuania was a dictatorship since 1926 and remained so up until the Soviet occupation in 1940.

So I guess:

Lithuania - Poland

Civilian Relations: -0.3
Diplomatic Relations: -0.4
Casus Belli: 0.3

Lithuania - Germany

Civilian Relations 0.2 (German minorities in Lithuania)
Diplomatic Relations: (-)0.3-0.4
Casus Belli: 0.3

P.S. if possible, make a way for the Baltic states to make that decision on whether to comply to the German/Soviet demands and be occupied, or fight and maybe even stand a chance of surviving (through military/diplomatic means) :)
mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Post by mfisher12 »

LordCrusader8 wrote:Don't trust Wikipedia its filled with bias lies
While that can be true in some cases (the cost of any open-source information collection), there's ample evidence that Iran sought close relations with Germany prior to WW2. There was the bad blood between Iran and Russia as well as Iranian mullahs affinity towards the German policy on Jews. Hitler also wanted to make nice with Tehran so he could get to their oil.

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”