Unit Trades

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

MrPark
Corporal
Human: Yes

Unit Trades

Post by MrPark »

How do I get other countries to offer me buying their units? I remember during the 1950s countries were flooding me with unit offers but now I have not received any. Are there certain minister priorities that I need to set?
Zuikaku
General

Re: Unit Trades

Post by Zuikaku »

MrPark wrote:How do I get other countries to offer me buying their units? I remember during the 1950s countries were flooding me with unit offers but now I have not received any. Are there certain minister priorities that I need to set?
Unit trades are flawed but BGs refused to redesign this so far :-( You will not be offered to often by units. Moreover, you will not be able to buy specific units. You can forget about building navy ,air force or air defense by buying units or obsolete units from superpowers - since they only tend to offer tanks, infantry, arty and missiles only :-(
We had a poll voting about this matter a few months ago. But unit trading is not part of update3 changelog - unfortunately...
Please teach AI everything!
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Yes there is a State department Priority you can set which will improve the amount of offers.
As to U3, i suspect that there has been some recoding as to when/what the AI offers but not a new system entirely.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Fistalis wrote:Yes there is a State department Priority you can set which will improve the amount of offers.
As to U3, i suspect that there has been some recoding as to when/what the AI offers but not a new system entirely.
Yes, I hope so. bt there are 3 main problems:
1. AI never or almost never offers these types of units: Helicopters, air defense, fighters, bombers, ships and submarines
2. AI offers tend to stop as time passes
3. You can not tell to the world what do you need (e.g. need fighters > AI countries which have surplus fighters make offers)
icbm78
Sergeant

Post by icbm78 »

I think this whole trade system is wrong. There should be something like market of secondhand arms. Sellers should not dictate what they want to sell.

And arms should age - old tanks are much less reliable than new ones. The speed of old T-62, for instance, should be far less than whatever numbers that their characteristics show. There will be numerous brakedowns in the field. Old soviet T-62 tanks break like every 5-10 miles. Old airplanes will never be 100 % combat ready and are prone to crashes. Maximum number of ready units should be limited depending on age of the planes.

Shot down airplanes can't be simply fixed - if your country does not produce mig-23, you can only buy used ones from country that has such planes in stock.

Modernization of units - this game lacks without it. If you have mig-23, it would be fun to upgrade radars and armament.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

in the default.unit file there is a parametre related with the will of a region to sell excess units. You may mod this parametre to do ai players to offer earlier their units.

It is good not to be any open weapons market because the arsenal of other regions must be a secret (in the game). Now the player has more to explore on the map.
Tremere
Lieutenant

Post by Tremere »

icbm78 wrote:I think this whole trade system is wrong. There should be something like market of secondhand arms. Sellers should not dictate what they want to sell.

And arms should age - old tanks are much less reliable than new ones. The speed of old T-62, for instance, should be far less than whatever numbers that their characteristics show. There will be numerous brakedowns in the field. Old soviet T-62 tanks break like every 5-10 miles. Old airplanes will never be 100 % combat ready and are prone to crashes. Maximum number of ready units should be limited depending on age of the planes.

Shot down airplanes can't be simply fixed - if your country does not produce mig-23, you can only buy used ones from country that has such planes in stock.

Modernization of units - this game lacks without it. If you have mig-23, it would be fun to upgrade radars and armament.
Right
And also if you don't have license, you can't repair it. If half aircrafts in unit was destroyed how you can repair it (build new of the same design)....
Third World War will begins soon....
Tremere
Lieutenant

Post by Tremere »

Fistalis wrote:Yes there is a State department Priority you can set which will improve the amount of offers.
I think that they will not change trade system in nearest future. Maybe in the next SR game, I hope....
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Tremere wrote:
I think that they will not change trade system in nearest future. Maybe in the next SR game, I hope....
What is the point of global strategy game without unit trade?? :-?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Zuikaku wrote:
Tremere wrote:
What is the point of global strategy game without unit trade?? :-?
There is unit trading, you just want it more realistic and detailed. Changes of that level will require more work than what can be fit into an update IMO but it remains on our wishlist.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Balthagor wrote:There is unit trading, you just want it more realistic and detailed. Changes of that level will require more work than what can be fit into an update IMO but it remains on our wishlist.
Praise the Lord, hallelujah! 8O

Zuikaku, you can finally stop your crusade now :lol:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote: There is unit trading, you just want it more realistic and detailed. Changes of that level will require more work than what can be fit into an update IMO but it remains on our wishlist.
I just want it to be more selective... so I'm not forced to research everything and anything.
Now I don't understand this - do you mean that SRCW can never have unit trade implemented? Is it not possible at all for any future update? Or is just update3 in question?
number47 wrote:
Zuikaku, you can finally stop your crusade now :lol:
I live for that day. But holy crusade ends only when I can open diplomatic screen and negotiate purchase of SA-6 or any other weapon needed :wink:

But after Balthagor's reply there is still hope :-)
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Zuikaku wrote:But after Balthagor's reply there is still hope :-)
Oohh, he is famous for his "give them hope" methods, it's his favorite MO for crowd control. :lol:

P.S. Cheers Balth! :wink: :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Zuikaku wrote:...do you mean that SRCW can never have unit trade implemented?
SR-CW has unit trading implemented now. You can trade a unit to another region. Sometimes another region will trade a unit to you.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Tremere
Lieutenant

Post by Tremere »

Balthagor wrote:
Zuikaku wrote:...do you mean that SRCW can never have unit trade implemented?
SR-CW has unit trading implemented now. You can trade a unit to another region. Sometimes another region will trade a unit to you.
But you can't buy that you want and order production of that you need in another country.
You can only sell their own units and wait offers that consists of obsolete units that you don't need.
Chance to buy something really useful is about 0

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”