waypoint?

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

Re: waypoint?

Post by SGTscuba »

hmm, i guess i will BUMP
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
killerflood
Brigadier Gen.

Post by killerflood »

We haven't gotten alot of feedback from the devs. Hey devs, what do you think of waypoints?
Economically people **** on me

"How come I have this mental image of tkobo's tanks running over these fleeing soldiers, saying 'what was that? oh, just a speed bump'... :)"
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Overall, we like them, we just can't agree amongst ourselves on their level of importance...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
killerflood
Brigadier Gen.

Post by killerflood »

Don't you just love progress...or should we call you guys congress?

"How come I have this mental image of tkobo's tanks running over these fleeing soldiers, saying 'what was that? oh, just a speed bump'... :)"
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Overall, we like them, we just can't agree amongst ourselves on their level of importance...
Its not a gamebreaker that they are not in the game. I would use them if they were available but I can also manage w/o them.

However I will list some ways I would use them

For land units--I would probally not use them for these.

For air units- yes, this I would use. For patrol aircraft and some attacks by aircraft. On patrol aircraft I could manage to maximize the spot strength to cover all areas I would cover with less patrols. It would also keep patrol aircraft and attack from flying thru enemy airspace that you know is heavily defended by enemy aircraft. This is not a problem for the most part but if you get Dow'd , patrol aircraft that normally wasnt flying in that regions airspace will now fly thru it and usually gets picked off. Waypoints could make it easier to use tankers as well. Fly the tankers to a spot and let them circle, other aircraft could them be waypointed to fly to tankers ,enroute to thier final destination.

For sea units- yes I would , much like the desription above. You could plan out patrols or attack fleets to rendevous with pre positioned supply ships while on patrol or enroute to a final destination.

Missiles- wouldnt it be nice to be able to have guided missiles fly from the launch area and go around known enemy AA units or to be able to launch multiple missiles from the same platform and have them attack a target from different avenues of approach.

Are they important to me ? Not really , its only something that would be nice to have. However I will keep bumping this thread from time to time |O
bvb
Colonel

Post by bvb »

Failing true waypoints (which would be absolutely wonderful), would it be possible to get a new "mission" type for aircraft that has them loiter in the target hex until fuel requires them to return to base? Basically the same as the current patrol, just remain in that hex, not immediately turn around and fly home.

As is, the air patrol mission appears to link with further ones assigned, but they must be done on the fly. This is just not feasible, since it must be done for each aircraft, every time. Need to adjust the patrol sector? Gotta do it all over. Not exactly convenient when playing even a mid sized nation.

If we could at least get such a loiter style patrol mission, we could have them remain on station for more than a brief moment, better than nothing. Especially for CAP, Tankers and AWACs style missions.
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

bump
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

If and or when waypoints make it in, id also like the system to allow units to have the ability to be set for "retreat to" points.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Cutlass
Major

Post by Cutlass »

bump and $0.02 :-)

Waypoints are a feature I would like to see as well.
Proud member of the Spherical World Association. An organization dedicated to encouraging game designers to create state of the art strategy games in which the actual shape of the world is used.
ETF
Lieutenant

Post by ETF »

Agreed !
Playing- CMBN, WITE, SR2020GC, HOI3, Jutland, CIV5, PON, EU3, Vicky 2
killerflood
Brigadier Gen.

Post by killerflood »

Hmm...this topic has gotten too low. I guess i'll bump it if you don't mind.

Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Bump
ricardocascaldi
Sergeant

Post by ricardocascaldi »

Bump :-)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Moved to current project threads.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

wow, so you guys have finally agreed upon starting this. Awesome news guys.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”