My Hack for Unit Heirachy (i.e. Divisions)

Have a feature request for SRU? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

igor7111
Sergeant

Re: My Hack for Unit Heirachy (i.e. Divisions)

Post by igor7111 »

I REALLY like this idea. The game desperately needs something like this. There are simply too many units
at the battalion level to keep track of individually. Hopefully you'll keep on this idea because the
devs. don't seem to be very supportive of this idea, i.e., some people like to micromanage 2000 individual
units (!!). PLEASE keep at this.
MisterFaber
Lieutenant

Post by MisterFaber »

Hm some news on this? I would look on this for myself but I still need a description of the default.unit file
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

pitchblack wrote:After playing SR1936 for a bit, I would like to bring up an old thread/request from 2008.

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 48&t=10282

This is a mostly non-invasive change that works now (I've played it for years), but I think has merit to incorporate into the game engine. This will help with map clutter significantly and is fairly simple to implement.

In a nutshell this would allow you to group units in a single transport/HQ/hierarchy by modding the DEFAULT.UNIT file and creating a HQ type which is based on a transport class and significantly increases the cargo capacity (so you can include multiple units in a single container). At present you have to unload these before combat, so this is in concept a railroad unit now.

It could be modified to act like a moving facility which would allow it to engage in combat. This would require a coding change and it's late in the game to bring this up, but given the amount of units I think it would help alot.
thoughts?
Thread relocated for consideration in Supreme Ruler 1936.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Suggestions - SRU”