New Roles for New Game

Got any suggestions/wish list items? Put them here!

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

bergsjaeger
General

New Roles for New Game

Post by bergsjaeger »

Not sure if this has been asked before. If so I'm just refreshing the ideas. The new roles I'm meaning is adding roles to attack certain types of units. Say only or a combine of infantry, armor, and etc to be attacked. It be more like RL if say a F/B attacks only lets say AA. The enemy ground units around the AA can still attack the F/B but the F/B only attacks the AA. So the F/B will not waste ammo on targets U don't intend to attack with them. U can have evey unit setup to attack certain types of units. MLRS's attack armor and arty guns attack infantry. Or the reverse. Just an idea if not asked before.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
geminif4ucorsair
General

Choosing One's Target

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

Seems to me there might be a major problem with this suggestion, in terms of game programming: a whole new segment would have to be programmed whereby players are allowed to "select" target(s) within a
35-km zone for attacking.....

in the example, the use of a fighter-bomber (F/B) aircraft to attack specific sites, which would not operationally (real world) normally include the AA, seems beyond practical in a game of this scale.

From what I understand, weighted averages are used for aircraft attacks effectiveness against whatever targets are on the hex, and if the aircraft carries certain offensive air-to-surface (outside the AGM-65 Maverick, AS-7 Kerry range/effectiveness), then that missile system is used against the site....and result tabulated.

Seems less practical in a 35-km scale game, and while interesting idea for SR2020 at 16-km scale, seems also another 'chrome' to deal with - better idea would allow aircraft to select what 'type' of targe: civilian - military - infrastructure (if any, or all were present). Still, another function...that does not add up to making game signficantly better.

Do you really want another Function to perform when making attacks?
That answer has to be made first. I would vote against it.

Return to “Wish List”