New here

Got any suggestions/wish list items? Put them here!

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

cyrex562
Corporal

New here

Post by cyrex562 »

Hi, I just got the game a couple of weeks ago and so far it's good but I have a few suggestions for future improvement. Not sure if they've been covered yet in another forum.

1) With the 'world market' theme, there should be an avenue for countries in an alliance to broker peace between to warring nations. In addition to that the ability to send 'peacekeeping' troops to keep two nations from pulling the rest of a particular theater into combat. I've noticed that once two of the AI's get going at it, it seems to be only a matter of time before the rest of the map is involved.

2) I would like to see more map filters (?). The ability to turn on a layer in the game that shows the availability of resources, the relative contentedness of the population, something like that.

3) A histogram window with the ability to graph various values in the game like unemployment, GDP, taxes, etc.

4) The ability to form multi-national alliances like NATO or something similar. Where commitment of resources and troops is voluntary, but the organization it self contributes to a countries' level of training and allows for the free flow of technology and unit experience between countries in the alliance.

5) Add the various ideological motivations to the game such as Nationalism, Religion, Ethnicy, etc. A lot of governments and insurgencies in the world seemed to be motivated by these factors when making decisions.

6) With the current global war on terror. A separate military AI or power that represents terrorism or insurgencies throughout the world and employs tactics similar to those we see in Iraq, Afghanistan and Europe would make the game very interesting. Global War on Terror scenario?

7) Intelligence Department. Develop a department or sub-department of defense that focuses on finding out things about the other 'players' in the game. Give the executive the power to task this body with collection using various means (SIGINT, HUMINT, MASINT, etc.) to give a country that spends time and effort a decisive advantage over the enemy. This also lets in the possibility of an intelligence minister AI doing things that the executive/rest of the world may not approve of, such as 'regime change', 'support to terrorism', etc.

8) The terrain/world map. Use of different map types such as world LANDSAT imagery, aerial navigation and topographic maps would be cool. With a tile-based engine, it wouldn't be too hard to shift the X/Y coordinates into LAT/LON or UTM coordinates and display different types of maps on the screen.

9) give the player the option to change the appearance of unit 'sprites'/icons to military order of battle icons. For those of us who've been playing the games since the DOS era, it would be cool to see a military-style map with NATO standard symbols for units. It would probably speed up the game as the sprites wouldn't have to do as much on screen.

10) Lastly, having the AI evolve in response to gameplay would be cool. There was another game that did that once... though the rest of it wasn't nearly as good as this product.

11) After the last 2 or 3 dissappointments in this genre, I am really glad to see a title that I can actually keep playing after the first 6 or 8 hours. Thanks for the effort you guys put into to making this a game worth playing

Josh

"Are you ready for the next evolution?"
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

These are all very interesting suggestions.

One item that comes to mind quickly for map filters is "the side panel". Have you found it yet? we sort of hid it from general view. It contains several map filter options to use.

With our next project being announced "soon" there will be plenty of opportunity to submit more development ideas. Much of the feedback will be assisting with details of how people would like to see certain parts of the game to 'play out'.

May I ask, what is it that keeps you playing the game for 6-8+hours at a time? What did hook you? What keeps you hooked?
cyrex562
Corporal

interest in the game

Post by cyrex562 »

I'd have to say that the reason that drives me is to develop a country or empire into the most advanced and capable region on the map and then go after the rest of map. My strategies generally focus on slow lead time development where I focus on the internals of a country, especially R&D. I love to develop new techology and upgrade units and infrastructure. Knowing that there is always one more tech left to research that would add some capability to my region or its military will keep me on the hook for a while. I agree with a lot of the posts that suggest the ability to design new units with the technology that's researched. It could even be extended to the infrastructure available. To me this game is more than just your typical 'king of the hill' strategy where one simply has to build a military large enough to conquer the rest of the map. This game follows more closely to reality in that to be the 'supreme ruler', one must employ a variety of strategies to achieve dominance. In the modern world of geo-politics that I work in, this is something that has only been realized in the last 10 years. The idea of 'unrestricted warfare', where a country uses it's economic, scientific, technical, military, and diplomatic capability to wage warfare and achieve regional/global dominance. I believe this game embraces that. If I could provide you guys with any assistance at all in making this or the next iteration better, I would be happy to do so.

Regards

Return to “Wish List”