Customisable Units

Got any suggestions/wish list items? Put them here!

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Victor1234
Corporal

Customisable Units

Post by Victor1234 »

So, instead of adding dozens and dozens of units which require modding, why not just have the units that there are now, and allow the player to create a design based on available technology and then name their design, allowing them to produce it. Now all those technologies that are "prequisite for unit design" but never give you a unit will have a point to them. Naturally, a tank will always be a tank and an artillery piece will always be an artillery piece, but now, if you have all these sub techs, but no submarine design, throw it all together and call it something.
ainsworth74
Colonel

Post by ainsworth74 »

While it is a nice idea, I like it as it is now, and the devs had already said that they are not very likly to put something like this in as it would be very hard to implement effectivly, there is a post similar to this one somewhere but I can be bothered finding it...
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Sir Edmund Burke
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

for a future version of the game... I could see when you have all the required techs, acquired through trade or research that you may see an email from a minister offering a unit design to be researched. It could be a generic design of sorts and the specs could be modelled after other units already found in the game. I'll bring it up for disucssion with the BG Team.

Return to “Wish List”