Gaining New Unit Designs

Got any suggestions/wish list items? Put them here!

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Victor1234
Corporal

Gaining New Unit Designs

Post by Victor1234 »

Well, I'm new to the forum, but just completed my first campaign in Supreme Ruler, playing as Israel in the Mid East region. Anyways, one of the things I noticed, I always end up with some captured Syrian or Egyptian units that I would like to build more of(most of the equipment they have is NBC equipped, and that's important to me :-) ). So, I was wondering if there could be an addition put in, where instead of scrapping, you make some new command like "Examine", which basically scraps the unit, except then that unit design is available for production. Naturally, some sort of check would have to be put in, so if you "Examine" 20 of the same unit, you don't get 20 new designs of the same thing.....but it would add so much to the game for me, and has alot of historical background(many nations based their designs on captured or imported units and changed a few things, calling it a domestic design). While naturally, it'd be too much to expect for the game to automatically make up some name that makes sense(depending on what country you are) for new designs of this type, I'd settle for just being able to build the captured units :-)
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

This is mentioned a couple of times and i believe the Goats are possitive
about it.Not excatly when you cap a unit but when you cap a base
or researchcentre there will be a change you'll find -blueprints- .
Didn't make it in this game but probably/hopefully in their next tittle.....
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

Capturing unit designs and other techs - when you take a research centre or a base where the units are being made - is a feature that we have thought about. It was planned as a random/chance effect so you wouldn't always get the same thing each time you play. This is something you may see in a future title.

Return to “Wish List”