Historical Log

Got any suggestions/wish list items? Put them here!

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

tonystowe
Colonel

Historical Log

Post by tonystowe »

DEV's: Does SR2010 create a "historical log" of the major events that have occured during the course of a game. Major events, IMO, such as DoW, treaties, total control over one country by another, etc.???

My reason for asking is that I like to review the timelines and events, currently made long-hand by myself, in an attempt to improve my games.

Thanks

Tony
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

No it does not, but this has been big on my wishlist for future titles. It would certainly add to the feeling of "accomplishement".
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

I agree and I believe that most people would enjoy using such historical data for their AAR's and other reasons.

The game already has a semi-log being produced in the News and Information (F9) area but its limited. Everything now listed in the N&I area would be of interest in a one over the world view of what has occured in the game. The tracking of that information would best serve the player, IMO, in three month increments (or whatever).
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

We have the intention of reviewing everything that is currently sent to the log and what could be sent to it. I would also expect we would provide either in in game option or at least an INI option to set the log for low/med/high details.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

Sounds good and being who I am, I would like an option to view the file during the game and a way to print it would be cool to.
tonystowe
Colonel

Example Log - Lengthy

Post by tonystowe »

It would be better named Battle Log, but here is an example from my Israel game.

Game Start 01 MAY 2010

13MAY2010 ///First major event/// Syria DoW against Israel with Syrian forces being roughly 75% the size of Israeli forces and currently has 80% of those forces involved in combat operations. Syria fired land based missiles against Israeli naval vessels and regional opinions against Israel averages 40%.

01JUN2010 ///First update/// Israeli forces appear to be holding the border region with most of the Syrian ground forces either destroyed or retreating to hold what ground they can. Israeli air and naval units have destroyed the Syrian navy and now Israeli surface ships control the Syrian coasts.

04JUN2010 ///Second major event/// Israeli ground forces, supported by IAF, moved into Syrian territory and captured 2x military bases, 1x airbase, 2x Sea Piers and control the territory up to Tripoli. This occupation covers 135km radius area inside Syrian. Statistics are: Israeli Lost: 17 Syrian Killed: 187 Israeli Land: +26,299m
Regional opinions have increased by an average of 3%

10JUN2010 Israel offers cease fire to Syrian, who rejected the offer.

15JUN2010 Israel offers cease fire to Syrian, who rejected the offer.

20JUN2010 Israel offers cease fire to Syrian, who rejected the offer.

01JUL2010 Syria attempted limited offensive operations to regain lost territory. Israeli forces did not try to stop the action but the advancing units eventually met their deaths when they ventured to close to Israeli controlled areas.

15JUL2020 Israel offers cease fire to Syrian, who rejected the offer. Regional opinion against Israel has declined by another 7%, putting Saudi Arabia and Qatar above 50%. Iraq and Iran continue to maintain negative stances against Israel at around 90%.

01AUG2010 Israeli/Syrian ground forces have not engaged one another for over two weeks and in this time Israeli ground units have been withdrawing back to the original border deployment areas.

04AUG2010 Retreating Israeli forces destroyed 2x military bases, 1x airbase, 2x Sea Piers and all economic facilities within the 135km area under its controlled. All Israeli ground and naval forces have retreated to Israeli sovereign areas.

10AUG2010 Israel offers cease fire to Syrian, who rejected the offer.

01SEP2010 Israel offers cease fire to Syrian, who rejected the offer.

15SEP2010 The razing of Syrian economic facilities has raised the CB against Israel by another 7% bringing the total number of countries with 50% or greater opinions to four: Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, and Egypt. World news reports that Egypt has recently allied with Syria – giving strong indicators that Egypt will enter the war soon.

06OCT2010 Egypt DoW against Israel and launched several land based missile attacks against military units inside Israeli territory. Egyptian ground forces launched an unsuccessful attack against the Israeli Sea Pier and port city Elat along the Red Sea. Israeli naval and air forces launched several successful anti-ship operations in which eight or more Egyptian vessels were sunk. Israeli ground and air forces repelled all Egyptian attempts to encroach on Israeli territory.

27OCT2010 Statistics: Israeli Losses: 20 Syrian Killed: 198 Egyptian Killed: 58

21NOV2010 Israeli air force successfully destroyed the remaining Egyptian naval vessels in the Red Sea. Israeli ground and air forces began offensive operations in which 23,698 km’s of Egyptian territory is now under their control and many Egyptian forces destroyed or severely wounded.

01DEC2010 Israel offers cease fire to Syrian, who rejected the offer. Israel offers cease fire to Egypt, who rejected the offer.

15DEC2010 Regional opinion against Israel has increased another 10% bringing the number of countries with 50% or greater opinions to six.

01 JAN2010 Jordan has entered into an alliance with Egypt and Yemen. Escalation of the current conflict is likely to occur soon. Egyptian forces have either withdrawn west of the Suez Canal or have been destroyed by this point. Israeli forces have made several attempts to cross the Suez only to be thwarted resulting in a standoff the length of the Suez canal.

17FEB2010 Jordan DoW against Israel and launched an impressive, although unsuccessful attacks across the border.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: Well that's informing. If the logs were that way it be like watching a news coverage. Well reading one anyways.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.

Return to “Wish List”