Reserves-based unit production

Got any suggestions/wish list items? Put them here!

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

red
General

Reserves-based unit production

Post by red »

I really dislike how unit production is handled: units seem to pop out of nowhere without much relation to actual industry (could all be destroyed, but if the bases are up--), and since unit repairs are not handled where unit production is, there are effectively two independent systems for producing the same weapons in the same region... Te player could max their build cap, but if they need to repair 200 nearly-destroyed units in five days, well then they just need enough cash to buy the MGs and they've just achieved many times their build capacity.

I'd prefer your next game have a system for building and repairing units in which there is a common asset pool from which all repairs and new unis are constituted. Industry would have a rate of squad production, determined somehow I don't know, and each squad could then take the fraction of its current units' ideal-strength build time. The player and AI would set a level of desired units for any given unit type, necessarily with some kind of graph showing losses over a period of time and sensible automatic orders to ministers such as 'match attrition rate' and so on. Repairs are then automatically taken from the pool (could be a new unit vs. repair units tab for priorities), and new units are formed at miliary bases by also drawing from the pool.

It sounds like quite a bit of work, but, just putting it on the wishlist. :) Thoughts anyone?
ainsworth74
Colonel

Post by ainsworth74 »

I like the sounds of this, but red is right it also sounds like a heck of alot of work...

Time to start putting in overtime... :wink:
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Sir Edmund Burke
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

I agree.
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

What about being a little less complex in your desire... and modify what the base can do? Right now an airbase can build 3 squads of airplanes at once but can also repair as many airplanes as you want it to repair. Why not also have a repair limit - such as double the base build limit. And units being repaired can go into the BUILD/REPAIR QUEUE together. Units being repaired can have a little icon or be separated somehow in the list... other units beyond the "repair limit" go into reserve and "wait for repairs".

Any thoughts?
red
General

Post by red »

Legend wrote:Why not also have a repair limit - such as double the base build limit. And units being repaired can go into the BUILD/REPAIR QUEUE together. Units being repaired can have a little icon or be separated somehow in the list... other units beyond the "repair limit" go into reserve and "wait for repairs".
That'd certainly be better than the system now, but I still do like the idea of moving production more to industry and less to military bases. Military bases should be the last step, used only for training and repair and such.

Return to “Wish List”