About the Casus Belli...

Got any suggestions/wish list items? Put them here!

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Rhysaxiel
Sergeant

About the Casus Belli...

Post by Rhysaxiel »

Hello!

Sorry, I didn't take the time to check whether there is another topic about it.

I know that Belli is caused by your build cap. It's not irrealistic, but it'd be changed IMO.
Indeed, I like playing a big pacific, economically powerful state, with self suff. etc... I was helping other nations, trading petroleum for not too expensive etc... But, because I am a Big state, I have a huge build cap, and am DoWed by all IA nations, even if I don't produce ANY unit or missile, because my Belli soared.
-_-

Why not using the current number of unit produced instead of the build cap?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: About the Casus Belli...

Post by Balthagor »

Rhysaxiel wrote:...Why not using the current number of unit produced instead of the build cap?
That value is not public knowledge. And if the facility is online, why should they not assume you intend to use it?

I'm not entierly against your idea but we need more details on this. Being the "largest military builder" does affect other regions, that is what the cold war was, each side building more and more military power...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rhysaxiel
Sergeant

Post by Rhysaxiel »

I didn't think about the psycholigic side, indeed...
But military build up should also have an influence. We can be a Great Power, with a high industrial capacity, but without any war intention.

When I see my neighbours building more and more tanks, and that MY belli is raising, I feel a little sick ^^

(well, in this case I start invading them, but it was not in my plans...)

So, to fight my Belli, I'd set my bases off?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

that would have an effect. The other thing we've discussed on our side is being able to make the AI more aware that you're not intending to use your military capacity in an offensive way. If you start selling off much of your military that could be used as a counter balance.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rhysaxiel
Sergeant

Post by Rhysaxiel »

Balthagor wrote:The other thing we've discussed on our side is being able to make the AI more aware that you're not intending to use your military capacity in an offensive way.
Nice idea!
khalid_power
Corporal

No,

Post by khalid_power »

Keep your army selling them and not having a strong army to please other could be a fatal mistake if war errupts, the stronger your army the more they will hesitate to attack you and the more secure you will be incase of an invasion.
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

I think for SR2010 the build cap issue was quite feasible because it followed the storyline of world collapse and that put many countries on more even playing fields... we split some countries and untied others. Then if you or another region feels that it wants to gallop ahead and continue to build for war in light of a recent worldwide economic crisis other countries should speak up and not like what you are doing. One thing that we've mentioned for 2020 is that we are intending to make the AI have less of a knee jerk reaction for declaring war when not preparing themselves. Other AI improvements and gameplay improvements should help create new ways to play and understand the game.
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

Legend wrote:....One thing that we've mentioned for 2020 is that we are intending to make the AI have less of a knee jerk reaction for declaring war when not preparing themselves. Other AI improvements and gameplay improvements should help create new ways to play and understand the game.
Super!!!

Regards,
Feltan
ETA Five Minutes ......

Return to “Wish List”